View Poll Results: Who is white?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Caucasian (whether European, West Asian, or North African)

12 29.27%
  • A Caucasian EUROPEAN (no Middle Easterners)

14 34.15%
  • Anyone who has light skin, regardless of where they're from

6 14.63%
  • I have no idea

9 21.95%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fundamentalist Atheist Big Hype's Avatar
    Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500)

Define the term: "white people"

What do you think classifies someone as a white person? Is it anyone of European heritage (provided they're not descended from non-European immigrants), or is it *any* Caucasian person?

For example, look at Sicilians. Some of these people are naturally brown for f-ck's sake. What makes them white? Facial features? Big f-cking deal. I've seen Middle Eastern people who look IRISH and they're not considered white by anyone (alot of Syrians look Nordic or very white).

So is white based on national origin, facial features, a combination, or something else?
    If you don't like what I have to say, you should probably move to Israel.

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think what most people would call "white" would exclude Middle Easterners... but really, whites are the biggest mutts of all, and I have no idea how we can really place a cut-off point in race. I look white, yet I can legally be documented as native (Cherokee.) It all gets even more meaningless the longer you think about it.

Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by sheduma View Post
    I think what most people would call "white" would exclude Middle Easterners...
    Why? Considering that alot of folks consider Mediterranean Europeans (especially Italians) as white, it makes no sense to exclude lighter skinned, lighter haired Middle Easterners.

but really, whites are the biggest mutts of all,
    How so?

and I have no idea how we can really place a cut-off point in race. I look white, yet I can legally be documented as native (Cherokee.) It all gets even more meaningless the longer you think about it.
    Pics?

sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sonicology has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big Hype View Post
    or is it *any* Caucasian person?
    In Europe the term Caucasian generally refers to someone from Caucasia. I've never really understood why Americans use it as a pseudnym for all white people.
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

$ BMBC $

-Misc Scotch Crew-

Originally Posted by sonicology View Post
    In Europe the term Caucasian generally refers to someone from Caucasia. I've never really understood why Americans use it as a pseudnym for all white people.
    Possibly because Europeans look alot like people from Caucasia. They're Caucasiod (Caucasian-like).

Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't really have anything productive to add to the thread but man did I get shafted on the whole ethnic identity thing. I am very Jewish (mostly Ashkenazi with some Mizrahi) with only a bit of non-Semitic lineage. Even so, I am a basic, run of the mill cracker. I have brown/dark brown hair with blue eyes (one is actually not blue because my eye is lazy) and my skin is pale and I don't have Jewhair. It sucks.

(then again, not having a Jewfro is kind of a good thing)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../MeGlasses.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...MeHeebNose.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...nichu/pink.jpg

WHAT AM I R&P.

BTW intellectually deciding these things aside, I confess that my innate predisposition is to think of Europeans as whites. Regardless of its truth of nontruth, I find myself gravitating that way without thinking.
    6'2", 191 lbs
    Israeli-American
    2:58:01 marathon
    39:15 10k

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why? Considering that alot of folks consider Mediterranean Europeans (especially Italians) as white, it makes no sense to exclude lighter skinned, lighter haired Middle Easterners.
    No, not really, I'm just guessing at what most people think of as being "white."

How so?
    It seems that you see a lot of people of minority races marrying and having kids with others of that same minority, yet most "white" people have all sorts of **** in them. It seems like most people with fair as hell skin (myself included) can trace back to some native or other non-"white" ancestor. Obviously this means that the ancestor of another race didn't fit my above-mentioned norm, but it seems more common than non-whites having similar ancestors. No idea why.

Pics?
    What can't you tell from my avatar?

I actually have some pics that sorta show what i look like in my avatars, but I have no idea if people can get to those through my bodyspace or not.

Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Organichu View Post
    I don't really have anything productive to add to the thread but man did I get shafted on the whole ethnic identity thing. I am very Jewish (mostly Ashkenazi with some Mizrahi) with only a bit of non-Semitic lineage. Even so, I am a basic, run of the mill cracker. I have brown/dark brown hair with blue eyes (one is actually not blue because my eye is lazy) and my skin is pale and I don't have Jewhair. It sucks.

(then again, not having a Jewfro is kind of a good thing)

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../MeGlasses.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...MeHeebNose.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...nichu/pink.jpg

WHAT AM I R&P.

BTW intellectually deciding these things aside, I confess that my innate predisposition is to think of Europeans as whites. Regardless of its truth of nontruth, I find myself gravitating that way without thinking.
    What's so bad about the Jewfro? Chicks dig a Jewfro if you wear it right (no Seth Rogen)
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm trying so hard to picture a good looking Jewfro. I want to believe it. I am not proud of my shell of distaste... please prove me wrong.
    6'2", 191 lbs
    Israeli-American

Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    White = white skin, hence WHITE.... Unless you are referring to Aryan? or anglo saxon, which is more specific.
    Member of the Skeleton Crew

Aus Crew

Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JokerJ View Post
    White = white skin, hence WHITE.... Unless you are referring to Aryan? or anglo saxon, which is more specific.
    Asians are pretty light skinned. Are they white?

I'm trying so hard to picture a good looking Jewfro. I want to believe it. I am not proud of my shell of distaste... please prove me wrong.
    If you can teach me how to download pics from my Yahoo mail so that they can go into the My Pictures folder in Microsoft Windows XP, then I'll show you my pimp ass Jewfro.

Originally Posted by Jay Rawd View Post
    And would the fake-n-baked orange girls I went to school with now be a new race?

Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    ROFL.... the ones that havent been outside in 20yrs maybe

Aus Crew

Open the message > right click the embedded picture/attachment > click "save to/"save link as" > choose 'My Pictures' as destination.

Then upload them to any webhost.

Alternatively, you could just email them to me and I'll host them; Organichu@gmail.com
    6'2", 191 lbs
    Israeli-American

And would the fake-n-baked orange girls I went to school with now be a new race?
    is that an attempt at humour? wow....

Aus Crew

Open the message > right click the embedded picture/attachment > click "save to/"save link as" > choose 'My Pictures' as destination.

Then upload them to any webhost.

Alternatively, you could just email them to me and I'll host them; Organichu@gmail.com
    Well I WOULD, but it was taken with a camera phone and I don't give out my number to strangers, especially strangers living in a different continent.

Yeah, um, everytime I try to save that **** it always comes up as "No Preview" on My Pictures folder. What gives?

Originally Posted by JokerJ View Post
    is that an attempt at humour? wow....
    The claim was that "white" is based on skin tone, to which Jay Rawd asked about fair-skinned Asians. Dark-skinned "whites" would just be a similar example, but on the other side of the coin.

Yeah, um, everytime I try to save that **** it always comes up as "No Preview" on My Pictures folder. What gives?
    Huh. I dunno. Why don't you email it to your computer then email it to me, no #s involved?

(sorry for railroading this thread lol )
    6'2", 191 lbs
    Israeli-American

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    dunno, don't really care. i only use "white" and "black" when i get tired of typing "lighter skinned/darker skinned," "african," caucasion," and **** like that. "white" and "black" are such vague, unscientific terms. we're all from africa, originally, so when exactly do you cut off your heritage as an "african american" or "african australian," or what have you? there's really no point to all of it, IMO.

Originally Posted by AKR View Post
    "african australian,"
    This reminds me of something I've wondered... What is the PC term for what we call African Americans in places other than America (and Africa, of course.)

The claim was that "white" is based on skin tone, to which Jay Rawd asked about fair-skinned Asians. Dark-skinned "whites" would just be a similar example, but on the other side of the coin.
    I see where you are coming from, I guess distinctions in body composition especially in the face would be large determining factor. Thats why I said the term white = white skin pretty much, I guess caucasion would be the most accurate discription of a white person?

Aus Crew

A small thumb of my 'fro
    Attached Images

Hah, I retract my disparaging. Were I in possession of vaginal lips, they'd be flapping right about now.
    6'2", 191 lbs
    Israeli-American

Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000) Beatitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    This reminds me of something I've wondered... What is the PC term for what we call African Americans in places other than America (and Africa, of course.)
    Negroid, no?

Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Ad is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pork is the white man, and the white man is pork.
    I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chook Legs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    According to afrocentrists caucasian = white.

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Beatitude View Post
    Negroid, no?
    that sounds so...futuristic. like they're half robot or something. "we introduce to you the latest superhero: half negro, half android."

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you think classifies someone as a white person? Is it anyone of European heritage (provided they're not descended from non-European immigrants), or is it *any* Caucasian person?

For example, look at Sicilians. Some of these people are naturally brown for f-ck's sake. What makes them white? Facial features? Big f-cking deal. I've seen Middle Eastern people who look IRISH and they're not considered white by anyone (alot of Syrians look Nordic or very white).

So is white based on national origin, facial features, a combination, or something else?
    If you're really "white" you can trace your ancestry back to England! LMAO If you're German, Italian, French or whatever...... well then white becomes suspect! Don't even mention Spain. Rasca un espanol y sangra un judio! All I can say is if you can't talk politics over coffee in Coyoacan then you've never really lived! Hipodromo Condesa rocks!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill