Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Post Sobolic's "Overtraining" Story

In May I posted a thread stating that I was going to switch my routine.

The routine consisted of 6 days on and 1 day off.

The Split:
    Mon-Shoulders and Traps
    Tues- Back
    Weds- Bi's and Tri's
    Thurs- Chest
    Friday- Hams and Calves
    Saturday- Quads
    Sun- Off

What I basically did was 20 sets for larger body parts, 12-16 for smaller body parts, all were working sets. The rep range was from 5-15. All sets were taken to failure in a pyramid fashion with the last 2 sets of every exersice using the same weight. The workouts were generally about 1 and 1/2 hrs long. Workouts done at various time of the day.

Diet- Various sources of protein, roughly 300g per day. Carbs mostly complex, 300- 400 grams per day. fat was kept to a minumum, mostly good fats, -50g per day.

Supplements, Whey Protein, N-Large, CLA, L-Carnitine, ZMA, B-50, Multi Mineral, and Daily two caps by twinlab.

Sleep- Sometimes took naps during the day, but usually 6-10 hrs, at least 6 every night.

Results: Put about 20 lbs on my bench, 3/4 inch on my arms, I don't squat so nothing on that. All lifts went up. Waist went from 31 to 30. Body weight from 205 to 213lbs.

I'd say it was succesful, I'll take a week off now and go at it again. Thanks for your time.
    . . . .I'm Huge. . . .The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Jules "Pulp Fiction"

weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    why not squats?

RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Attached Images

Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by weltall
    why not squats?
    I don't like doing them, simple enough, genetically I'm gifted with good legs, they respond well to jsut about anything. I think that most everyone should squat, but some of us don't have to.

To each their own.
    . . . .I'm Huge. . . .The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Jules "Pulp Fiction"

DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did your routine for awhile Sobolic it worked well, I liked it, I just added a few alterations for it to better fit me.

I believe in overtraining but, our body's can adapt to almost anything.
    Eternal Creatures are not so prudent.

Member since Nov 2001

sherlock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Randomimageguy, wtf - you are insane, but funny as hell. LOL the banana one was solid.

RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomImageGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by sherlock
    Randomimageguy, wtf - you are insane, but funny as hell. LOL the banana one was solid.
    Damnit man, don't you listen, this is your last warning.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DYnomyte001; 07-29-2002 at 05:43 PM.