tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

anyone do any direct serratus work?

just wondering how many of you include any exercises with the direct intention of working your serratus anterior. i recently threw db pullovers back into my routine, and at the end of each set i do some "vertical extensions" i guess you could call them.

i haven't been doing this combo long enough to tell if it's any good, so i guess my question is: what have you found works best to hit this muscle group?
    2007 INBF Long Island Experience:
    1st Place Novice Lightweight & Overall
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you can get your serratus muscles to show you get props.

tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rectus Femoris
    If you can get your serratus muscles to show you get props.
    yeah, i'd like to.. that's the point lol

if i raise my arms and flex them they show (along with my lats), but i'd like to improve them as much as a can, i think they look great and really help the appearence of the upper body when they're well-developed.
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive read that pull overs do nothing for the serratus.
    that its more of a myth than an actual truth.

two exercises that i know hit the serratus are:
    1.incline bb front raises
    2.decline db flyes

the serratus is a small muscle, it gets worked in alot of moves, you cant really "isolate" it.
    also, your bf% will play a big role in how visible they are.
    you want to have good strong intercostal muscles and obliques as well, throw in 1 of those 2 moves i listed, hit the cardio, and just watch........

JC

p.s.-i hope you understand that, i kinda lost my train of thought.
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tweaked17
    just wondering how many of you include any exercises with the direct intention of working your serratus anterior. i recently threw db pullovers back into my routine, and at the end of each set i do some "vertical extensions" i guess you could call them.

i haven't been doing this combo long enough to tell if it's any good, so i guess my question is: what have you found works best to hit this muscle group?
    Any form of press will work the serratus, the best is the incline DB press and the behind the head press is also very good. The serratus stabalizes the shoulder by pulling the scapulae tight into the ribcage during presses so any press that requires plenty of stability- DB incline and behind the head press for example- will work the serratus quite intensely.Pullovers never really did anything for me.

My serratus anterior are one of the few muscle groups on my body I am 100% satisfied with and I owe them to DB incline

By the way, although I havn't tried it I think Juanca's first exercise (Incline BB raise) would do a good job of it.

hmm.. decline flyes.. never do those, but (thinking about it) i can see how they'd hit the serratus. i'll have to give those a try, i guess i'll keep incline flyes and replace flat with decline and see how that turns out.

never tried bb raises but i've seen them recommened in other threads concerning the serratus.
    Best Legs
    ----------------------