ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Mid Chest Workout

I'm trying to figure out how to make my chest bigger in the middle where the 2 pectoral muscles separate forming the middle line. My chest is biggest on the sides near my shoulders, but I can't ever seem to gain more in the middle. I do all my chest exercises with correct form. Also, what part of the bench press works that part? Is it when the bar is closer to your chest moving up?
    08/11/05
    Weight: 195
    Height: 6'0"

Best Lifts:
    Flat Bench: 335x1
    Squat: 375x8 (weak)
    Deadlift: 445X7
    Straight-bar curls: 135x7

sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ampstang
    I'm trying to figure out how to make my chest bigger in the middle where the 2 pectoral muscles separate forming the middle line. My chest is biggest on the sides near my shoulders, but I can't ever seem to gain more in the middle. I do all my chest exercises with correct form. Also, what part of the bench press works that part? Is it when the bar is closer to your chest moving up?
    If you want to see the middle line then put some decent mass on and then adopt a diet to cut down on fat and subcutanal water.
    There is no such thing as a dedicated exercise.

ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sqeeze hard
    If you want to see the middle line then put some decent mass on and then adopt a diet to cut down on fat and subcutanal water.
    There is no such thing as a dedicated exercise.
    I have decent size to my chest. There is a good line in the middle. I'm saying that my pecs towards my shoulders are bigger than towards the middle.
    08/11/05

Best Lifts:

sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, try flyes. Just make sure you start light. The important thing is to stretch the pecs and keep them tensed all the way.

corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol hes saying he wants to build his inner pecs. you have rounded pecs and not flat. just keep gaining and lower your body fat and the outter pecs will flatten out and match the middle. i dont think there is really an excercise to target the inner pecs. people say moving your grip more inwards (tricep bench) does it but i dont know about that. flys will certainly give you wider pecs.
    GOAL: BUILD LEAN MASS
    SUPPLEMENTS: whey protein & creatine mono
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html - exercises
    http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php - food
    http://www.nutritiondata.com - calorie counter
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956 - clean bulking
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=292tc2 - MY MOTIVATION

TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do more incline & it should fill in nicely.

But I only wanted to tone Viking22's Avatar
    Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ampstang
    Is it the "upside down triangle" you have in the middle of your chest?

I've got that. I can't stand the upside down triangle.
    Green: It's the new Red

Let's just pray we're still allowed to vote in 2012.

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face

Oops, my bad, I read wrong.
    Last edited by Uriel_da_man; 05-06-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Viking22, I guess it does sort of form an upside down triangle. As far as my %BF goes, I got it measured at my gym and it was 6%. I've got good sized pecs, but they're not flat across. It's more like they slightly angle in from the shoulders to the middle. I hate that.

I think part of the problem is that my shoulders are so big. Probably my shoulders help out too much when I'm working chest.
    08/11/05

Best Lifts:

But I only wanted to tone Viking22's Avatar
    Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good picture of the "chest triangle" bout midway down. Some good advice in there

I too am a tri/delt pusher so I took any benching with a bar right out. Substituted with dumbells and have been improving slowly.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...chest+triangle
    Green: It's the new Red

Let's just pray we're still allowed to vote in 2012.

Originally Posted by Viking22
    Good picture of the "chest triangle" bout midway down. Some good advice in there

I too am a tri/delt pusher so I took any benching with a bar right out. Substituted with dumbells and have been improving slowly.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...chest+triangle
    Yes, that's what I have, but not as bad. I'll start working out more with dumbells. The only problem is that my gym's heaviest dumbells are 100s.
    08/11/05

Best Lifts:

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    time+genetics+overal chest mass
    <->

Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100)
    Middle chest excercises?

How about some for three quarters chest, lower right corner chest, and north of the nipple chest?

I know it is hard to impossible to single out one specific area of the chest. I was just mainly wondering if at certain point of the motion of, let's say flat bench, worked the mid chest more. I figured with a closer grip, not as close as CG bench, from the chest a quarter of the way up would target that area more. Is this wrong?
    08/11/05

Best Lifts:

imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    incline bench is your answer, make sure you use a full ROM it's very important.
    -Mortality-

Registered User stevenazevedo00's Avatar
    stevenazevedo00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    losing fat does flatten the chest for sure thats your best bet i had a dipped in chest too i started doing close grip military presses and its helped alot with my traps as well and i recently started to do a 4/4 cadence on my flies i always powered through them before and held them in a wierd position so i was working my lower pecs and destroying my shoulders haha i had the v going too and i realized i never got the stretch going its all about improving form and control and keeping the load consistent and always watching yourself looking for flaws because we all have them when it comes to lifting its just about finding them