Super Tri_s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Supplement for Increasing Glucose

Hey Guys, as some may know I am dieting down like many others.

My carbs are 20g oatmeal and 30g postworkout (twinlab), the rest from any protein shakes and veggies.

I was wondering what you guys though about taking a supplement to help control insulin levels and increase glycogen to make my muscle appear more fuller (and make me feel harder).

1. Is this a good idea on a low carb diet or not needed. To this point I have not been using a "carb up day".

2. Which is best and do you recommend:
    - 1g of ALA, 250mg x 4 pills daily
    - Chromium Picolinate
    - Vanadyl Sulfate

Dan Duchaine argues for the last 2 in body opus, and makes no mention of ALA, was it just not popular when he wrote that book?

doctorben@cyber-rights.ne BigBenn's Avatar
    BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000) BigBenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go with ALA that should help, and make sure you have your post-workout nutrition in order.
    [email]doctorben@cyber-rights.net[/email]

I had used ala for about 3 weeks, with good results, my muscles felt hard, but I was eating more carbs at that time.

thanks

Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm doing kinda the same diet
    I take 1 g of ala post workout
    and 1 g at bedtime

Burger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Best Supplement for Increasing Glucose

Originally posted by Super Tri's
    Hey Guys, as some may know I am dieting down like many others.

My carbs are 20g oatmeal and 30g postworkout (twinlab), the rest from any protein shakes and veggies.

I was wondering what you guys though about taking a supplement to help control insulin levels and increase glycogen to make my muscle appear more fuller (and make me feel harder).

1. Is this a good idea on a low carb diet or not needed. To this point I have not been using a "carb up day".

2. Which is best and do you recommend:
    - 1g of ALA, 250mg x 4 pills daily
    - Chromium Picolinate
    - Vanadyl Sulfate

Dan Duchaine argues for the last 2 in body opus, and makes no mention of ALA, was it just not popular when he wrote that book?
    I would go with all three Vanadyl, ALA, Chromium, and even add some fenugreek and d-pinitol... Do not go past 60mg of Vanadyl a day as it may be too toxic in higher doses. 800mcg of chromium is desired and with ALA, more is probably better. Also, glycocyamine has some positive glycemic properties.

Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My opinion:

1. Chromium will help but like Burger stated 500-1000mg is recommended for any benefit.

2. Vanadyl is complete waste and overrated and misunderstood.

3. ALA is great for keto type diets, pre and/or post workout, and carb up days and/or meals.

If your looking for something that really keeps insulin levels stable then ALA is the best. It will increase glucose uptake, keep you in ketosis, and help keep you our of any catabolic state.

Thanks everyone for some great info:

As I said I want something to keep me feeling hard and pumped and not feel so down while on a low carb diet.

I have no problem controlling what I eat, I haven't had any junk or carbs, besides oatmeal in about 10 days.

I'll go check out some prices on chromium, and i'm going to go back on the ALA.

thanks again.

vernon hughes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

insuLean

i bought a product called InsuLean by Nutrabolics advanced sports innovations and am LOVING it....i take 4 caps pre-workout with my SSR glutamine peptides in some grape juice, and then take 2 caps post workout with my Dymatize PowerTech creatine transport...the InsuLean is GOOD....for some reason it's tough to find in my area so i order it online at their site, www.lookgreatnaked.ca
    Plus, if ya throw in some added ALA you get an even better PUMP...
    now that's what i call a REAL "perpetual pump"!!!!
    happy lifting!!!