hawkfolyfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Make me a varsity football player

Hey, for my 9th grade year in high school, i want to make the varsity football team, dont tell me im stupid or anything please, im just wanna prove all my friends and people that im good at football, I was a star player a few years ago, i started on every snap except for offense where iw as 3rd string, I like to play defense mostly, I am currently:

130 pounds
    5'7
    14 years old

I've been playing football sense I was ten, I would like to make varsity footbal my freshmen year, please just say what the best way possible is, I would like to be Safety or linebacker or defensive end

mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000)
    Read

IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IllumX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    eat and lift!

fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fuzzyfozzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wake up call. We can't just transfer e-varsity skills through the internet. The only one who can make you a varsity player is YOU. If you want it bad enough, then work for it and practice.

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fuzzyfozzie
    Wake up call. We can't just transfer e-varsity skills through the internet. The only one who can make you a varsity player is YOU. If you want it bad enough, then work for it and practice.
    great post. reps.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shirey03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with fuzzy, its all up to you. But i would like to say that linebacker and defensive end should be put on hold until you get bigger, unless you got the heart of a lion. I would say work on your speed and cordination and become a cover corner. Thats just what I am saying, I am a senor in high school, i played football. But i was the tight end. For a 9th grader it will be tough to make the team your size. But they could use you for those situations where the coach knows the ball isnt going to be ran. speed kills

Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just out of curiosity....

What would be so bad about Junior Varsity?

My son is one year younger then you....also a good football player looking to make the conversion from center to fullback (143 pounds right now)

He wont see high school for another this season and next....but when it gets there if he plays JV his first year I dont understand the problem with that...

- Work on your skills,
    - Let the coaches get to know you
    - Make sure you are in the weightroom WITH the coaches so they can see your dedication...my son wants to be there right now but the high school wont let him......

DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DBjohn24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    at my school, your freshman year you HAVE to play on the freshman team. although my coach did bring up some freshmans for playoffs. then your soph year u play either jv or varisty.

Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fuzzyfozzie
    Beautiful post
    LOLB for the Madison Warhawks #4

KSUPowerCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KSUPowerCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KSUPowerCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KSUPowerCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Raeality Check

Your not going to play S, LB, or DE at the varsity level with your lack of size (not even if you were a SR). The only way its possible is if you are at a very very small school (one that plays 8 man maybe). I'm not trying to be rude, just honest. If you're wanting to play deffense try CB. You'll also need to put some size on, you'll need to be at least 150 IMO to play JV. If you managed to get to 175+ you could play a weakside LB or SS postion.

Bottom line is, if you want to get on the field at any level you need to work your butt off all year long. There is no off season anymore in football at the HS level and up.

My 9th grade year I held a starting LB position for our JV squad even though I was undersized. But, I had to work my rear off to get. I also earned that spot because of how hard I had been working for the 4 previous seasons playing competitively. Even before I played for the school my pee-wee teams practiced at the schools facilities, and some of the coaches took notice to how hard I worked back then. Trust me work hard and you'll get noticed, and your oportunities will come.
    Mob Deep - Ball Hard

Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And that is not to say that you cant have lofty goals......perhaps you want to make the JV team because you saw some other player do it and you want to do it to......

I relates to some history my son has as well.....

There is this kid who has come up through the Junior football ranks with mine and he is one of the few kids that I would say for the same age "are better football players"....but he is....so good that he is asked to play on all star teams every year as a linebacker......

He gets every award, gets every praise, that you can possibly want and to be perfectly honest on my part I think he is damn good kid.....well manned, gets along good with his teamates, his confidence is at an all time high.....

My son wants to be at that level...he comes to me after a game where this kid wins the player of the week and he barely gets off the bench and says....what do I have do? (this was about 3 years ago)

My response...."wait"

wait, keep working hard, keep working on your technique, keep lifting......this kid has now gone off to high school while my son has 2 more years of youth football....but you could see what time and work does in the evolution of kids......all star youth linebacker is starting to plateau out as far as size, speed, etc etc.....meanwhile my kid has already surpassed him in those areas and is getting bigger it seems by the minute......gained over 20 pounds this offseason and NONE of it is fat.....

By the time he its high school he will in all likelyhood outweight this youth star by 40 pounds.......that is why players (and coaches) shouldn't look at people at a young age and make definate decisions on where they will be years from then.

I hope that made sense.....but bottom line....dont sweat playing JV.....if you are getting playing time there then that along with the work you yourself put in will only make you better when you do make varsity.

DEMONSathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEMONSathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEMONSathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEMONSathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DEMONSathlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    where i live,they have a 9th grade team, then jv, and v
    i just want to be the best beast i can be, make the INCREDIBLE PLAYS, PIN that wrestler, and jsut be crazy

LETS GET ****FACED(CRUNK)!!!!!!!

forearms:
    biceps:
    thighs:
    calves:
    chest:
    waist:

Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hawkfolyfe
    130 pounds
    5'7
    14 years old
    goodluck becoming a varsity linemen or linebacker @ 130 :-|

Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Erik2806
    goodluck becoming a varsity linemen or linebacker @ 130 :-|
    With that Size I think the only spot you could play... is either corner or wide reciever. If you can lay the wood corner is for you but make sure you can cover. I suggest you play receiver, just work on your cutting and catching and speed and youll be set. I think if you learn your routes and perfect them reciever would be the easiest position. Corner is hard to adapt to sometimes especially if your not use to backpedaling.