mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000)

MMA students - ever been in a match?

Just curious.. Post experiences. I'm going to train for at least another 6 months to a year then start fighting in amateur Muay Thai and MMA events. I just moved home for the summer and left my old school. I think I might train BJJ this summer at a school back home (connection through a friends dad runs a BJJ school).

I'm really interested to hear from people with ring experience. Post what happened, what the event was like, quality/experience of the fighters, etc...

I hope some people fight on these boards, it seems like a buncha football players

swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swiftpaws has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I fought my first boxing match at 16. A year ago i started training BJJ, and had my first MMA match in august of last year. I was real green to the MMA world at that time. And the lack of experience showed in the ring. I got beat up pretty bad, thanks rick! lol. I was used to boxing, and planned to keep n my feet and punch him out, but within the first 10 seconds i was on my back and confused. The fight was pretty much over. After getting punched a few times and catching a direct elbow to the eye, I stopped the fight. I should have never taken the fight, but i was eager and had tons of boxing experience. The guy i fought already had 15 MMA fights under his belt. After the fight i trained hard. Worked on my grappling and stopping take downs. I have only has 2 other MMA fights since then, both i dominated. But the difference is that i was ready, and fought guys with the same experience, not 15 wins already.

The moral of the story is 1, take your time. Fight people with similar experience as you. And 2, remember anything can happen. In a boxing match i would have torn his head off, but he was 10x the grappler i was. So you have to be multi-talented.

BTW, whats with everyone on this board's new found interest in MMA?

Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.Sinister has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    12 pro fights in Ohio, New Jersey, Iowa, and Canada. I'm out of it now. Just go to an informal class on saturdays. No sparring or anything, just light self defense technique and stuff.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not trained enough yet
    but I plan on getting into competitions
    and I have friends that are/have
    one friend regularly does BJJ tournements and has fought in amauter kickboxing, I'm not sure if he's ever done a competition where the two where together (actual MMA) but he's good at grappling and striking
    another friend of mine used to kickbox pro

hopefully I can revive this thread in like a year with a fight tale or two

juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

never a formal organized fight but spar.grapple almost every day and do pretty well, gettin hit doesnt hurt anymore
    get swole

Registered User TheCrazyCossack's Avatar
    TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^ your not fighting the right people if getting hit doesnt hurt...

juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) juicefacekilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

getting hit doesnt hurt when youve been street fighting all your damn life and you drink vodka and pop a vicodin son
    get swole

ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by juicefacekilla
    getting hit doesnt hurt when youve been street fighting all your damn life and you drink vodka and pop a vicodin son
    wow...you're cool.
    "Blank expression. Deer caught in the headlights. Ronnie Coleman doing trigonometry."

itsahak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsahak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsahak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsahak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I fought twice in 1998 in the first MMA fights held in Cental VA. I won both of them then blew my left knee again training for the next event. the doctor cleared me and said i could fight again, but how many more times can the knee take being hit like that? so i stepped out of active competition and went into reffing. Now if I get in the ring, I get paid!!

Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by swiftpaws
    BTW, whats with everyone on this board's new found interest in MMA?
    I think its cuz of that UFC series that was on recently and just ended.