In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Push-ups Everyday?

Hey guys. Can you do push-ups everyday and build up your chest? I'm currently just doing sets of push-ups try to do as many as i can try to add more reps/sets each week if can, i also do db squats, db lunges, db single arm rows, db curls, and db military press. I do this almost everyday at night. Should I take day off inbetween workouts? Like only od this every-other day? Or could i do this almost everyday? I'm looking to just add about 10-15lbs of lean muscle mass, 20 would be ideal but 10-15 would be fine also.

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good thing your name is In Flames because I have a feeling you'll be getting flamed a lot. Anyway, do a search for a real routine if you have any hopes of achieving your goal.

In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10) In Flames is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What why? Military guys do push-ups/other bodyweight exercise everyday and there really fit, strong. So why cant a regular guy do this?

luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10) luv2befit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I believe that if you wanted to do pushups after your done with your chest workout it would be fine. Like my chest routine is 5x5 sets of flat bench,incline with dumbells,decline both dumbell and barbell and chest flies.. If you wanted to do pushups to warm up it would be ideal I think.. O and people in the military don't do JUST that when they want to build more mass.. They hit the weights hard and prob do bodyweight exercises just to keep loose..

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by In Flames
    What why? Military guys do push-ups/other bodyweight exercise everyday and there really fit, strong. So why cant a regular guy do this?
    Well, I am in the military and have been for over 12 years and I'm telling you it's not the best way to build your chest. Only time you do them everyday in the military is in basic training and it is usually for punishment reasons. After that we typically work on pushup/situp improvement a couple times per week and running and/or some other type of exercises on the other days.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by luv2befit
    I believe that if you wanted to do pushups after your done with your chest workout it would be fine. Like my chest routine is 5x5 sets of flat bench,incline with dumbells,decline both dumbell and barbell and chest flies.. If you wanted to do pushups to warm up it would be ideal I think.. O and people in the military don't do JUST that when they want to build more mass.. They hit the weights hard and prob do bodyweight exercises just to keep loose..
    Well said. You could also throw in a few sets of pushups at the end of your chest workout to burn it out.

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by In Flames
    Standard "military" exercises (push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, running), are high rep and relatively low weight - designed to build endurance with some strength increase, but the WON'T result in major size gains.

EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Big army guys lift weights. They don't get big from pushups and situps and marching.

That said, I think endurance work like pushups and bodyweights squats are underutilized by bodybuilders; but, if you want to gain 15 lbs of muscle, you will need to lift some heavy weights.
    Spartan #301 (turf toe - missed the big dance)

airbreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airbreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) airbreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a starter at working out I tried a great deal of things to see how much muscle i could gain and one of those was do push-ups every day for a whole month. the results were that I built the outer pec but the inner stayed way behind. So doing pushups wouldn't develop the pec as a whole.That;s not cool i have unbalanced pecs now but it's better than none.