Black_Katt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can -ANYONE- get abs?

Hi All,

I have a problem concerning abs: I work out very intensly and know i have great ab muscles, but unfortunately they are not visible due to a little fat.

Now, i know everyone here is going to tell me to up my cardio and lose bodyfat, but its not that simple: I already do A LOT of cardio, but when i was younger i was a little overweight have never completely lost my stomach... some of it is just loose skin (sorry, i know that sounds gross) so i don't know if i ever can lose it?

I am thin now, and at one point was very underweight (bmi 16.4), but it was still there even then.
    Is there any chance of me losing it and getting visible abs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    -Katt

gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50) gaberox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would suggest training your abs.The thicker your ab muscles are the more visible they will be.Weighted ab exercises should help.Abs wont grow too much but weighted movments can help with some thickness.Also what is your bf% now?

I'm unsure of my body fat right now as i havent had it measured in a while. I'd be thinking somewhere between 15-19%, but i'll get it measured soon.

I train my abs every day and can feel that they are already very firm, but unfortunately not visible.

Thanks for your advice.
    -Katt

N-Word-Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N-Word-Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N-Word-Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N-Word-Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N-Word-Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N-Word-Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N-Word-Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N-Word-Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Black_Katt
    I'm unsure of my body fat right now as i havent had it measured in a while. I'd be thinking somewhere between 15-19%, but i'll get it measured soon.

I train my abs every day and can feel that they are already very firm, but unfortunately not visible.

Thanks for your advice.
    -Katt
    Post a picture of yourself, we have some talented guessers here for estimating body fat numbers . If you're truly 15-19% you definitely can't expect to really see them.

ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILOVEBREASTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need to get to about 10% for most people to see your abs when you flex. At about 8% you can see them without flexing. Make sure to do weighted ab work to get the good seperation and size.
    I LOVE BREASTS!

Currently 228lbs 10% BF

I DO NOT neg except for the most extreme idiots.
    Feel free to PM me for any BS free help.

randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomality is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sorry to be like this and saying it again but, cardio and diet. you simply have to wait it out and hope for the best. i'm at about 10% now and am starting to see them. it's frustrating, but you gotta stick through. 15%-20% is way to high to see abs. you can probably see a bit of an outline, or the general shape, but you seriously need to lose more fat.

Ok, thanks for the advice

I know cardio and diet is what i need, my only concern is that, will it definitely work in the end? I'd hate all this hard training to be for nothing.... thus the title of this thread, can ANYONE can abs?

cheers,
    Katt

Im getting bigger!!!! heavylifter954's Avatar
    heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stop being such a pussy your 15-19 % bodyfat ofcourse u dont have abs. cardio work abs and also diet. cant bealieve that last one was left out more important then the other 2. but to answer your original question unless you have no arms and no legs or are paralyzed then anyone can have abs

jesus, i'm sorry i asked...
    I didn't say that WAS my bf, i said that i think itd be around there, it could be lower. I also didnt ask why my abs arnt showing, i asked if anyone can get them.

I also heard its unhealthy for women to have a lower bf that 12%.

krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't see why it would be particularly unhealthy for women as opposed to men. Supposedly it's unhealthy to have sub-10% bf for men, but millions of us are walking around under 10% all the time with no ill effects. It's all about being healthy. You can be 7% bf and totally healthy in great shape, or 7% bf and horribly emaciated... your choice. When people make up these guidelines they aren't usually keeping bb'ers in mind. A certain amount of fat is vital for sure, but 10% is fine.

So yes, you can get abs, it'll just take some time. I had readily visible abs for several weeks (before I started bulking) so anything's possible.
    I used to be way fatter

sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000) sm00f is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah you need to get to like 10% to see abs, im 18% right now and all I get is flab ripples when I flex em hehe

Ok, thanks guys

Another concern: will the skin around this area tighten up? Like i said, i used to be very underweight and even then i still had a stomach.

cheers,
    Katt

endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Black_Katt
    jesus, i'm sorry i asked...
    I didn't say that WAS my bf, i said that i think itd be around there, it could be lower. I also didnt ask why my abs arnt showing, i asked if anyone can get them.

I also heard its unhealthy for women to have a lower bf that 12%.
    u idiots

she's a girl......15% is quite low for a girl

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bump to this.

Women have between 5-9% more bodyfat than men (sex-specific fat, mostly stored on the breasts and hips), which is involved in oestrogen production and the conversion of inactive oestrogen into its active form. This fat ensures normal hormonal balance and menstrual function. It is therefore NOT ADVISABLE for women to try and maintain their bodyfat below 15-20%. (This threshold obviously depends on the individual)

So 10% is not fine for a woman.

cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to be very overweight, and then lost it and had the same problem, it eventually went away and turned into abs...

one more thing that works good for me was doing abs right after cardio. and watch the overtraining on abs.