turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow Gymless workout program for a month

I've been consistently training for the last six months, and made some good gains while letting go off some of my bodyfat.

Now that the finals are near (3rd year of college), and that my six-month gym membership is over, I'll have to stop going there for a month, just to get through the goddamn finals.

As you'll see in my sig, I need to cut some more bf. So what I'm planning to do during the month of May is try to maintain what I gained so far by doing home workouts & running, and when I'm done with school, I'll get a new membership and proceed to some serious cutting for 5-6 weeks. Then, when I'm satisfied with the cut, I'm planning to start clean bulking, but that's not the agenda for the moment.

Anyways, here's my question: What kind of gym-less routine do you suggest?
    - What kind of lifting routine? (for example, how many days/week should I train chest with push-up variations, or for how many days should I rest after a pull-up day, etc. etc.)
    - How many cardio sessions per week, and what kind of cardio? (I guess HIIT is better in order to preserve lean mass)
    - The only equipment I have is a door pull-up bar (I don't bother mentioning two lousy 12lbs dumbbells). Should I buy a dumbbell set with heavy weights?

These are the first things which come to my mind, but suggestions on diet, supplements etc. are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance to y'all.
    Last edited by turkish; 05-04-2005 at 11:59 AM.

BluSpecs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm still basicly a newb but a few things came to mind

I

Adjustable barbell sets are pretty cheap (esp used from a flea market or out of the paper/craigslist) and wouldn't be a bad investment. You can do quite a bit with just them and some creative uses of furniture.

I'd think a full body routine using body weight (+ a backpack w/books if you feel like it) would do you pretty well for a month. There are a few articles on this site that focus on body weight stuff. (hindu squats, hindu pushups, walking lunges etc)

turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50) turkish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BluSpecs
    I'm still basicly a newb but a few things came to mind

I

Adjustable barbell sets are pretty cheap (esp used from a flea market or out of the paper/craigslist) and wouldn't be a bad investment. You can do quite a bit with just them and some creative uses of furniture.

I'd think a full body routine using body weight (+ a backpack w/books if you feel like it) would do you pretty well for a month. There are a few articles on this site that focus on body weight stuff. (hindu squats, hindu pushups, walking lunges etc)
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I was also thinking about checking out those articles.

Anybody else?

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes, look into military style workouts. There was a pretty good thread with a bunch of links about a week ago that had tons of workouts you could try. As for supps, I'd stick to the basics like protein, mulitivitamin, and fish oil.

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

f*ck you, carpal tunnel mightymouse37's Avatar
    mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000) mightymouse37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was a gymnast in high school and did tons of "no-gym" workouts. All you really need is push-ups (put your feet up on the bed or a coffee table, etc. to vary the angle), pull-ups, chin-ups, hanging leg raises, calf raises (stairs), and maybe some lunges or even jumping lunges (ie, start in a lunge, then jump straight up and down into a lunge w/the opposite leg). You could maybe incorporate some dips between a couple chairs (if they'll hold). I'd just do a full-body workout 3 or 4 times a week. We used to do push-ups like this: wide-grip, 15-20
    regular-grip, 15-20
    reverse-grip/diamond, 15-20

This will hit your pecs and tri's, along with dips. Also vary your grips and grip width for pull-ups and chins, that'll hit bi's and lats. Just be creative and have fun with it. Vary your sets/reps/time under tension for more intensity. Again, I'd just go with a total body workout each lifting day since it won't take all that long. Just get 2 days of rest in between sessions and you should be fine.
    You're = you are.
    Your = your.

I have no respect for those with no respect for logic.
    - Arnold, "Twins"

When life gives you a T-Rex, go Ninja-kick it in the head.
    - Rayne Summers

Thanks a lot people. I guess I won't lose muscle if I keep my protein intake high and stick to your suggestions. Anyway, a change of routine is always good.

UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50) UhhWhatever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    www.trainforstrength.com

Kicks your ass.

Edit: Look under workouts...

Originally Posted by UhhWhatever
    www.trainforstrength.com

Kicks your ass.

Edit: Look under workouts...
    Thanks man, looks solid.

Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gunnerforever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have read various articles that have said Hindu Squats are bad for the knees and put a great strain on them. I have tried them and didnt like them, could have been a psychological thing form reading the articles but they felt like squatting where your knees go far past your toes and the heel of your foot is of the ground. Just plain wrong.

However bodyweight workouts are very good, obvioulsy youy should involve pull ups. I'd include planches, a great exercise heres a really good article on them, they really work your core and will add strength in ways that you find hard to do with weights (positions etc):

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/

here are some more good ones:

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode2/Workouts

Originally Posted by Daniel Wilson
    I have read various articles that have said Hindu Squats are bad for the knees and put a great strain on them. I have tried them and didnt like them, could have been a psychological thing form reading the articles but they felt like squatting where your knees go far past your toes and the heel of your foot is of the ground. Just plain wrong.

However bodyweight workouts are very good, obvioulsy youy should involve pull ups. I'd include planches, a great exercise heres a really good article on them, they really work your core and will add strength in ways that you find hard to do with weights (positions etc):

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/

here are some more good ones:

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode2/Workouts
    Great articles man, thanks a lot.