DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Weight vs Form (poll)

Ok, now don't no 1 get all mad and say why you worried about good form or weights or whatever else ya'll complain about lol....

I'm doing this for fun just 2 see what people think .so what do you all think is better or say for instance more important...Proper form or the amount of weight?

sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Form. No question about it. Someone has to miss half a brain to put weights ahead of form.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    form. now obviously as you use more and more weight it will be impossible to keep picture perfect form (e.g., on rows, try bent over rowing 300+ without having slight knee movement).....of course, teh difference is SLIGHT degredation of proper form, not what you see most people doing.
    <->

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where's the poll?

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Form, weight doesnt mean **** if you're cheating
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For a lot of my lifts, I'm using equal or less weight than I was years ago, when I didn't know what the hell I was doing. But I'm WAAAAY stronger now because I understand the importance of form.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by johnsbod
    Where's the poll?
    lol sorry bro I didn't know how 2 put the poll up so i just let people say there thoughts in the room

Originally Posted by sqeeze hard
    Form. No question about it. Someone has to miss half a brain to put weights ahead of form.
    Funny to say,,but i know alot of people who are more concerned on the weight they put up instead of the form..I used to be in that boat as well

sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DRod
    Funny to say,,but i know alot of people who are more concerned on the weight they put up instead of the form..I used to be in that boat as well
    In this case you are closer than ever to getting HUGE! Leave the morons to lift weight. You stick to getting the proper muscle feedback. Make a 30lb weight feel like a 60lb one and crave for the burn...

Talking

Originally Posted by sqeeze hard
    In this case you are closer than ever to getting HUGE! Leave the morons to lift weight. You stick to getting the proper muscle feedback. Make a 30lb weight feel like a 60lb one and crave for the burn...
    thats exactly what I"m doing bro...

Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100)
    Did you expect people to say weight over form?

Originally Posted by Rectus Femoris
    Yes and no. If you strictly refer to bodybuilders (to which I refered) then everyone should advocate proper form. If you refer to other sportsmen, then the issue is beyond me. Other sports (weight lifting, skandenberg, powerlifting) are not of my interests and as such I cannot make any statements about. (This is a sort of a disclaimer ).

lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    form is most important, but i think you need one day of heavy overloading (for example, power shrugs)

Originally Posted by Rectus Femoris
    I didn't expect it but some people do believe that weight is more important then form

daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Form for reasons of strength, growth, and safety. And BTW I used to live in Bath.
    "We know Burns has the trillion dollar bill somewhere in his house, but all we've been able to ascertain from satellite photos is that it's not on the roof".

www.daninthemix.com

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    form. now obviously as you use more and more weight it will be impossible to keep picture perfect form (e.g., on rows, try bent over rowing 300+ without having slight knee movement).....of course, teh difference is SLIGHT degredation of proper form, not what you see most people doing.
    I disagree. If I'm not using perfect form, I drop the weight, period.

ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DRod
    Ok, now don't no 1 get all mad and say why you worried about good form or weights or whatever else ya'll complain about lol....

I'm doing this for fun just 2 see what people think .so what do you all think is better or say for instance more important...Proper form or the amount of weight?
    Yep,i gotta agree with the other guys it's gotta be form all the way.Although incorporating a cheat set where u go really heavy and drop form slightly(and i mean slightly) has it's benefits.

deltpec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

If your form is correct then the amount of weight you can lift will increase over time.

If you form is crap then one day you WILL hurt yourself.

Enough said....
    Correct Form is Everything

dp

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    depending on the exercise, i am a big fan of cheating sometimes... i completely outlaw it on big compound lifts, no way should u EVER use poor form/cheat on a squat or deadlift... but u can get away with it on things like tripcep pushdowns, skullcrushers, calf raises, arm curls, lateral raises e.t.c
    There's very minimal chance of injury as long as u dont go too spastic with your variations of cheating on the smaller isolation type exercises, and i also think it definately helps u out and can get u some good gains, dont do it ALL the time tho.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister
    depending on the exercise, i am a big fan of cheating sometimes... i completely outlaw it on big compound lifts, no way should u EVER use poor form/cheat on a squat or deadlift... but u can get away with it on things like tripcep pushdowns, skullcrushers, calf raises, arm curls, lateral raises e.t.c
    There's very minimal chance of injury as long as u dont go too spastic with your variations of cheating on the smaller isolation type exercises, and i also think it definately helps u out and can get u some good gains, dont do it ALL the time tho.
    I agree. When working smaller muscles it's a lot harder sometimes to make that 5 lb jump than on lifts like squats, deadlists, bench, etc., and adding a few cheating reps can help you get there. As long as you know you are cheating and don't do it all the time it's not a problem.