View Poll Results: Are you a Bodybuilder?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a genetic monster so I am a Bodybuilder

2 6.45%
  • I give it my best so I am a bodybuilder

10 32.26%
  • Who cares dude, I am just here to get in shape

12 38.71%
  • I take my sport seriously to get bigger, I am a bodybuilder

7 22.58%

Thread: Bodybuilding?

Dont step in the bullshit TaurusHorizon's Avatar
    TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bodybuilding?

I am just curious as to what everyone else out there thinks as to the definition of a bodybuilder. Many will say only us who are freakish muscular are bodybuilders. Others will say we may be small in comparision however we are working toward a common goal of gaining mass, so we are bodybuilders. Most guys will say anyone who is not 200 + lbs. at 12% bodyfat is a poser. I disagree with that entirely. The web definition of a bodybuilder that I found is as follows.

"someone who does special exercises to develop a brawny musculature"

"Bodybuilding is the sport of developing muscle fibers through the combination of weight training, increased caloric intake, and rest. Competitive bodybuilders display their physiques to a panel of judges, who assign points."

I think Steve Prefontaine said it best, "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
    Let us know how you feel regarding this subject and be honest so we can have an interesting discussion regarding this post.
    ★★★★★ 5 STAR THREAD, WOULD READ AGAIN!

9 Times out of 10, I rep back!

Owe reps to:

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    the Force is with me, but i am not a Bodybuilder yet.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TaurusHorizon View Post
    Most guys will say anyone who is not 200 + lbs. at 12% bodyfat is a poser.
    True bodybuilders would not say this.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    True bodybuilders would not say this.
    x2 bodybuilding is a lifestyle (not just chest and arms day everyday in the gym)

saying youre a bodybuilder means you live the lifestyle. saying youre a competitive bodybuilder means you compete
    $

"No fck that, I'm not gonna miss any reps. I'll die before i miss a rep." - dynamik, #1

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like this one:

Time To Re-Schedule

TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TaurusHorizon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    I like this one:

Yeah I thought that one was rather funny as well. It goes to show that Google has a sense of humor too.

Owe reps to:

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TaurusHorizon View Post
    Yeah I thought that one was rather funny as well. It goes to show that Google has a sense of humor too.
    No, seriously, I think it is accurate. (no smiley)

It describes most of us, doesn't specify competitive or not, doesn't specify age or progress.

It only describes what we do and what for.
    Time To Re-Schedule

It is refreshing to see that some people on these forums really do like to offer their opionions in an intelligent manner. I enjoy learning from others so much. Keep the positive feedback coming guys.

Owe reps to:

exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exothermic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ide say your a bodybuilder once you take it seriously and workout i mean basically, some people will want to act like yo you arent a bodybuilder because you arent in competitions but plz its the same thing as saying an artiste isnt an artiste unless hes signed to a major label putting out music on mtv.. so yeh