DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pros and wrong FORM

Ok..I've notice alot of pros that seem as if they are doing bicep curl form horribly wrong. THey move there elbows alot and then come up 2 high...I could be wrong but I've learned that its good 2 try to keep you elbows close 2 your side and not try to move your elbows. Then let alone they do bad form on alot of stuff..

eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    it could be jus on the final few reps, they cheat a little to get a few extra reps out...

got cheat reps?
    got ____?

stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by eggy_wont_grow
    it could be jus on the final few reps, they cheat a little to get a few extra reps out...

got cheat reps?
    Hey eggy,

Whats this Got business your on about? Do you say this in verbal convo too?

Just seems a bit weird

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by eggy_wont_grow
    got cheat reps?
    yep
    Attached Images

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stuart109
    Hey eggy,

Whats this Got business your on about? Do you say this in verbal convo too?

Just seems a bit weird
    got milk?
    Attached Images

4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There has always been two schools: those with trainers who lift the heaviest and those who workout on their own with perfect form. but less poundage...
    The internet is equalled only by public education and network news in its ability to spread disinformation at an alarming rate...

Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What you see on most videos and pictures of bodybuilders,isnt how they train all the time.Most of the time they arent using perfect form,so that they can use more weight to look better in the picture or video.To the average lifter,or everyday guy,it is more impressive to see 300lb cheat curls,than it is to see them done with a lighter weight and good form.

stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tetsuo
    got milk?
    ahh kinda funny.. lots of time on forums can make u go a bit queer i guess

Anyway, big shout from Bath city mate! Which area in bristol you from

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't worry about what they're doing. period. stick with good form always; are you taking in enough drugs to kill an elephant and have genetics in the top 0.0001% of the bodybuilding world - no - then don't follow waht they're doing.
    <->

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    too many people run around here yelling "good form" based on what they are told proper form is or what they see. Now I'm not against good form but if you have to cheat on a rep or 2 or if you do a few partial reps to OVL the muscle then thats fine
    Chicks dig big calves

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigpump23
    too many people run around here yelling "good form" based on what they are told proper form is or what they see. Now I'm not against good form but if you have to cheat on a rep or 2 or if you do a few partial reps to OVL the muscle then thats fine
    like max-ot's "controlled cheating"
    <->

DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    Don't worry about what they're doing. period. stick with good form always; are you taking in enough drugs to kill an elephant and have genetics in the top 0.0001% of the bodybuilding world - no - then don't follow waht they're doing.

I know that...I have been doing bad form and I have learned from reading and watching and have gotten better with most of my exercises...Yes it has made me drop the poundage a bit but I can feel it more on that muscle thats need to work....I see people using big weights but have 15 inch arms..my bi's where laggin and I know why i was moving my elbows 2 much forward...but i was watching like dennis james do curls and omg his elbows where going up 2 his chest

trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As long you are making an attempt and you know what good form is, you're fine. Everyone cheats a bit, especially in bicep curls. It's just part of the game. Just don't be like the guy in my gym who heaves up 50s with his back... ouch... also, he has no biceps.

Originally Posted by stuart109
    ahh kinda funny.. lots of time on forums can make u go a bit queer i guess

Anyway, big shout from Bath city mate! Which area in bristol you from
    living in bishopston/horfield at the moment, but getting a place in south bristol next month. bristol/bath rules haha

sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10) sqeeze hard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If only people stoped cheating on biceps curls... the burn in the short head is ORGASM!!! Feels like penetration. You cheaters have no idea just what you are missing...

Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "http://www.thinkmuscle.com/multimed...bbell-curls.mov are these done correctly?"

Hes bringing his elbows forward,which makes the movement easier,isnt lowering the weight with good form,isnt locking his arms out at the bottom which neglects the bottom part of the bicep,and makes the movement easier.He would be better off lowering the weight,and only doing 1-3 reps at the end in that manner,unless hes doing more of a cheat movement on purpose.If a lifter is going to do them in that manner,he may as well do them standing,as doing them seated isnt really making it more of a strict movement

ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnieRulz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bigpump23
    Yep i agree with ya m8,proper form is all good and well but cheat reps/sets has it's merits and should also be employed in a good routine

I think it would be good 2 cheat on maybe like 2 reps ony our last set...but can't cheating cause injury?

Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by trem0lo
    As long you are making an attempt and you know what good form is, you're fine. Everyone cheats a bit, especially in bicep curls. It's just part of the game. Just don't be like the guy in my gym who heaves up 50s with his back... ouch... also, he has no biceps.
    haha yea, I know people like that. There's one kid at my gym, probably around 18 years old, he's thin as a rail yet I see him doing ez bar curls with 70 pounds...he arches his back and all. I've been sometimes tempted to tell him he'll injure himself with form like that, but I've learned that people don't want to hear what you have to say when they lift
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Berserkersdmf
    "http://www.thinkmuscle.com/multimed...bbell-curls.mov are these done correctly?"

Hes bringing his elbows forward,which makes the movement easier,isnt lowering the weight with good form,isnt locking his arms out at the bottom which neglects the bottom part of the bicep,and makes the movement easier.He would be better off lowering the weight,and only doing 1-3 reps at the end in that manner,unless hes doing more of a cheat movement on purpose.If a lifter is going to do them in that manner,he may as well do them standing,as doing them seated isnt really making it more of a strict movement

Yeah, he's got tiny biceps too, and this is obviously not working for him.
    My Journal = forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=454719

TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by tetsuo
    got milk?
    Only in his man-boobs....

LMAO, JK bro!

imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    most pros have above average genetics and they juice like there's no tomorrow.
    NEVER imitate the pros, they are on an advanced level.
    -Mortality-

Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100) Rectus Femoris is not very well liked. (-100)
    anyone ever see ronnie coleman work out, he has the worst form i've ever seen

I don't work out, I train xplosiveDL's Avatar
    xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xplosiveDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DRod
    Ok..I've notice alot of pros that seem as if they are doing bicep curl form horribly wrong. THey move there elbows alot and then come up 2 high...I could be wrong but I've learned that its good 2 try to keep you elbows close 2 your side and not try to move your elbows. Then let alone they do bad form on alot of stuff..
    what's worse, a 280 pound monster curling wrong or a 130 pound fool not being able to spell 'too'.
    If a guy is muscular but cant lift worth **** he is nuthing but a cosmetic pussy ,non functional muscle size =pointless silicon implants as far as i `m concerned

-> A-Rod

You want big muscles, girly man? Find big rock. Pick up big rock. Raise big rock overhead. Repeat as neccesary.

-> rent-a-lambo

"Yeah, he's got tiny biceps too, and this is obviously not working for him."

Yeah...You are right.It would work a hell of alot better,if he did them right.

eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by TheDiesel
    Only in his man-boobs....

LMAO, JK bro!
    lol, leave my man boobs alone :P

got man boobs?
    got ____?