Van5152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you gain muscle on KETO ?

KETO I had thought was designed for weight loss,. after searching the boards I see alot of peeps using this for long peroids of time,. including a few say they do KETO year round., Can you build muscle while doing KETO ?

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yup, there are several guys around here (myself included) that go on ketosis diet for cutting and bulking... I personally prefer it.. I feel stronger, more vascualar, and I dont gain as much fat as I would with a higher carb diet...
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die
    ripped and skinned alive...

Van5152 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thankyou Anxed

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Anxed
    yup, there are several guys around here (myself included) that go on ketosis diet for cutting and bulking... I personally prefer it.. I feel stronger, more vascualar, and I dont gain as much fat as I would with a higher carb diet...
    Can you please tell me what are your % of carb/prot/fat and meals during a bulking keto diet??

I will try a pseudo-keto diet to cut pretty soon: the only thing I do that differs from keto is to eat a big meal of carbs after my weight session (I lift twice a week).

If it goes well, I think I'll try a bulking keto-diet.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    really, I just do the same as I do for a cutting, but up the calories... 3000 - 3500 calories, 30-50g carbs @1.5 g protein per bodyweight, and the rest fat...

this is what *I* do... some others may take a different approach, but this works for me...

as far as food choices... same as any other keto diet... salmon, tuna, peanut butter, eggs... the only difference is that I take in more protein and total calories (I go with 1g protein per lb bodyweight for cutting and 1.5 for bulking).. only thing that remains the same is my grams of carbs per day... mine is around 30g/day...
    Last edited by Anxed; 07-28-2002 at 10:39 AM.
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die
    ripped and skinned alive...

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Thanks for your answer..

If all goes well during my dieting (if i still feel strong and mentally alert), I will try doing a Keto Bulk.

My carbs are higher than 30 grams though, but there's no complex carbs in my diet (no grains, no potato, no bread, no pasta, no oatmeal). Just a whole lot of veggies and a couple of fruits.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.