IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lets be real now

Has anyone really suffered from overtraining? I see all these posts about how high volume training will cause overtraining. I understand that if you are not able to recover then it is overtraining. But has anyone ever trained that hard to the extent that they wont recover in time?

When i was a newbie to the sport, I did tons of volume. Like 25 sets per session and i was staying in the gym for over an hour each time. I was still able to gain despite the fact that i was working long and very intensely. I truly believe that overtraining only occurs in the worst possible conditions. Like if you work out 5 times a week, 2 hour sessions, get 4 hours of sleep each night, and are deficient in calories (about 300 below maintenance).

urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have

ain't nuttin but a peanut AznBB's Avatar
    AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I may have...

weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i use to overtrain my chest, i found out because i mean ****, it's obvious your chest isn't responding, something has to be changed

IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronBalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by weltall
    i use to overtrain my chest, i found out because i mean ****, it's obvious your chest isn't responding, something has to be changed
    I dont think non-responsive means overtraining.

fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fabiensf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had overtrained...or more appropriately reached a plateau...I used to workout 3x a week,1bodypart/week, bout 1hr-1hr15mins. I became tired very easily while working out, couldn't gain strenght or weight, lost my appetite(couldn't down my protein shake!),was constantly tired, overslept, and had low motivation! Then I took a 3 week break and now I'm back on track!
    Bodybuilding is not a hobby...it's a Lifestlye!

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body"

Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea I overtrained about 3 years ago. I would barely get 3 hours of sleep a night, I would never eat and I would lift for 2 hours if not more almost every day. If I didn't lift I would go and play bball or some other sport. Eventually I passed out one day and I went to the hospital and they kept me there for 4 days because I was severely dehydrated and all kinda ****. It was horrible.

DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000) DYnomyte001 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can tell if you overtrained if you don't feel like working out... and you get sick.

That's happended to me... so I've overtrained.
    Eternal Creatures are not so prudent.

Member since Nov 2001

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lost about 15lbs (10lbs of muscle) one summer due to over training. And i was following that max-ot bull ****.

Lets be real now.

Br

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    that max-ot thing is the most stupid thing eva, its juz like goin ..........luk this is the fastest way to overtrain !!!!!

weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weltall is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by IronBalls

I dont think non-responsive means overtraining.
    okay.. i should of said i was doing 21 sets for chest.
    Last edited by weltall; 07-28-2002 at 09:35 AM.