Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    poss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by poss
    Does anyone have any great Quinoa recipes ? I just bought a whole package and am not sure what I can do with it. Do you use it instead of rice ? I tried a tabouleh with it but it didn't taste so great. Today I just mixed it with tuna, curry powder, lemon juice and some vegies and it isn't too bad but any ideas would be appreciated. thanks.

My tuna quinoa was a hit. It was a bit tasteless so I rolled it into balls and pressed them into breadcrumbs (home made) and dry fried them. Yummo ! With a bit more lemon juice and worcester sauce they were great.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Southwestern Black Beans and Tuna (4 servings)

1 clove garlic minced
    1/2 onion diced
    1 tsp oil

2 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp jalapeno peppers (diced)
    4 tbsp chopped green chilies (in small can)
    19 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
    2 cans (120 grams drained) tuna, drained ( I used light tuna - skipjack)
    19 oz chili style tomatoes

Fry garlic and onion in oil about 4 minutes (until onion is soft). Add remaining ingredients and cook until hot.

per recipe: cals 793 fat 10.68 carb 100 fiber 28 protein 84.8
    per serving: cals 198.25 fat 2.67 carb 25 fiber 7 protein 21.2

I had mine in a tortilla. This is amazing. Practically chicken but no meat to precook so it is VERY fast.
    Last edited by terracotta; 05-23-2005 at 07:50 AM.

Terryocean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Another Quinoa recipe SOOOOO GOOD!

Garlic chicken stir fry with Quinoa, peppers, and basil

Ingredients:
    1 cup of qunioa cooked in two cups of veggie or chicken broth
    1 1/2 pounds of chicken or two large chicken breasts
    4 tablespoons (or less) of olive oil
    1 small onion thinly sliced
    1 orange and 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
    5 garlic cloves
    20 basil leaves
    Parmesan cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste

Cut chicken into pieces (one inch) Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat add oil. Add chicken and saute for 5 minutes or until brown. Add onions,bell peppers; saute for one to two minutes; add garlic and saute until peppers become slightly limp but still bright, season with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat; add basil and prepared quinoa. Toss in basil until it wilts; garnish with parmesan cheese.

4 servings

redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cookies

1/2 banana
    1/3 cup of oatmeal
    1 packet of sugar free hot chocolate
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 tbsp peanut butter

mix all together, will seem dry but once the banana gets worked in it will mix well. bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes makes 6 cookie.
    chocoholic

aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fried brown rice with eggs

3 cups cooked brown rice [add a bit more water than usual when you cook this because when you fry the rice it'll be more dry]
    1.5c peas and carrots [i buy this in a frozen bag]
    15 eggwhites
    crushed garlic cloves
    .25c chopped onions
    Spray Pam in pan and add crushed garlic cloves. Fry on medium heat until fragrant, then add peas and carrots. Continue for about 10mins, remove and pour into a bowl. Spray some more pam, add chopped onions and eggwhites in pan. Fry until cooked. Then add the brown rice, eggwhites and bowl of peas & carrots together. Mix them well. You can add your own seasoning here. Suggestively soy sauce.
    -------------

tomato chicken
    15oz raw chicken breasts
    1.5cup diced tomato with green chili
    4 crushed garlic cloves
    .25c sliced onions

Fry the crushed garlic cloves until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and onions together. Cook on medium heat for about 5 mins, then add the chicken breasts.

edit to say: oops, the nutrition data is inaccurate! sorry i am lazy to count.
    Last edited by aprilai; 05-25-2005 at 09:12 PM.
    I WILL be an 18 year old hottie.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yummy pancakes

1/2 banana
    1/3 oats
    1/2 cup of egg whites
    splenda to taste

Mix all in blender. Makes 2 pancakes. I got this recipe from Oxygen Mag.
    chocoholic

Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Briar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    oh girlies i had this creation the other day and it was almost like cheating

1/2c CC
    1/4c Oats
    1/4c Yoghurt ( i used natural unsweetened kind)
    1/4c Berries
    cinnamon

mix all together and put int he fridge/freezer for a while and its SO YUMMY

you could even chuck some almonds or protein powder in there too
    "IF YOUR GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING"

It doesnt matter the distnace you travel the first step is always the hardest

Dont ever give up on a dream due to the amount of time it will take to achieve it, the time will pass anyway,

If you have made a mistake, ther is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start at any moment you choose for this thing called failure is not the falling down but the staying down

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://www.24hourfitness.com/html/nu...tew/mex_chili/

Ok you all have to try this white chili recipe off of the 24 hour fitness website. It is amazing! I thought there recipe was a bit low in fat and put 1 tbsp of olive oil instead of the tsp. but other than that I kept the recipe the same.

Click the link I don't feel like copy/pasting it.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Turkey sausage and eggplant lasagne

1 lb eggplant

1.25 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
    1 tbs fennel seed
    1 tbs red pepper flake
    .5 cup onion, chopped
    .5 cup bell pepper, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
    1 tbs chopped fresh oregeno
    1 tbs chopped fresh basil

5 oz fat free mozarella, shredded
    .5 cup fat free ricotta
    1 egg white
    1 tbs chopped parsley

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and thinly slice eggplant. Arrange in one layer on baking sheet and bake until tender. Meanwhile, sautee garlic, onion, bell pepper, red pepper flake, and fennel in nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Add turkey and brown until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped tomato and a bit of water and simmer for ~20 minutes. Add basil and oregeno, stir through and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Mix egg white with ricotta and parsley.

Assemble by spreading .25 cup sauce in bottom of baking pan. Add a single layer of eggplant, followed by a layer of sauce, ricotta and egg mixture, and finally a layer of cheese. Layer casserole until all ingredients are used or baking dish is full. Cover and bake on 350 for ~60 minutes. Remove cover and bake until cheese is melted and slightly golden.

Allow to cool before serving. Makes 5 servings.

Per serving:

Calories: 179
    Fat: 1 g
    Carbohydrates: 15 g
    Fiber 4 g
    Protein: 29 g
    Currently fluctuating in beautiful pulses

CV Athletic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Low Carb Cheesecake

Found this on bb.com last night

Ingredients:
    2 lbs no fat cream cheese
    4 whole large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    4 oz (1/2 cup) low carb no fat milk
    1 cup cooking splenda (sucralose)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Using No Fat cooking spray, spray 9 pie pan
    Mix ingredients together using an electric blender in a large bowl
    Pour mix into pre-greased pan
    Heat at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes
    Remove from oven and place in refrigerator
    You must let this sit at least 4-5 hours in the fridge if you want a decent cheesecake.

Macronutrient Totals (per slice):
    Protein: 20g
    Carbohydrates: 6g
    Fat: 2.25g

Chocolate or vanilla protein powder can be added to the mix for flavor and more protein if desired.
    If one desires a softer cheesecake, then use 1 lb of light ricotta cheese and 1 lb of fat free cream cheese instead of 2 lbs fat free cream cheese. This changes the totals per slice.

Macronutrient Totals (per slice):
    Protein: 17g
    Carbohydrates: 5g
    Fat: 4.5g

* This cheesecake is extremely good when topped with Walden Farms' calorie free chocolate syrup and a thin coat of peanut butter or fat free whip cream.
    I just made a batch and can't wait to dig into it tomorrow....I tasted the batter...soooooo good

HEALTHY LASAGNA:

SAUCE:
    1 tsp. olive oil
    1 small onion, diced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 lb lean ground sirloin (450 grams)
    7 cups (1.75 litres) spaghetti sauce (the soupy stuff; if thick sauce put 5 cups sauce + 2 cups water)

In a saucepan (or frying pan), heat oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft. Add ground sirloin and cook completely. Drain on paper towels then dump into large bowl. Stir in the spaghetti sauce.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FILLING:

Mix in separate bowl:
    2 cups fat free cottage cheese
    1 beaten egg
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Mix in separate bowl:
    2 small zucchini, shredded (approx. 3 cups)
    2 cups shredded low fat mozza.

Other ingredients:
    12 pieces no cook lasagna noodles
    spinach (I used 1/2 of a 255 gram bag
    Parmesan cheese (to taste; I use 3 tbsp)

Layer in 9x13 pan:

1.5 cups sauce

The following (3x):
    1.5 cups sauce
    1 cup zucchini/mozza

3 noodles
    Remaining sauce
    Remaining zucchini/mozza
    Parmesan cheese
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COOKING:
    Cover with tin foil (loosely.. make sure it doesn't touch cheese) and cook at 350' for 40 min or until bubbly.
    Uncover, cook 15 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Tip: With the no-cook noodles do not place directly side by side or overlap. They expand outward while cooking and the lasagna fills the pan widthwise and lengthwise and flattens out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MMMMMM.. THIS IS SO GOOD.. I'm not calculating calories for this as it is too much work but it is healthy I assure you! The 1 egg can be replaced with 2 egg whites if you like.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Lidcivic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is my FAVORITE salad:

1/2 of an avocado
    cup of spinach
    1 small tomatoes
    1/2 can of tune or canned salmon (drain the oil)
    1/2 of a lemon

Mix the spinach, tomatoes, and mush up the avocado. Throw the salmon or tuna on top, and squeeze the 1/2 lemon over everything.

I know it's VERY simple. But it has great texture to it, and tastes SOOOO yummy! This also happens to be my favorite way to eat tuna.
    _______
    "Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it." * ~Plato

ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncgirl21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chicken Stuffing Casserole
    1pkg sliced mushrooms
    1/4c garlic spray butter (like Pam)
    6oz precooked chicken breasts, chopped
    1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
    1 box Stove Top chicken stuffing
    1/4c garlic spray butter

Preheat oven to 450. Spray 9in square casserole dish with Pam.
    Sautee mushrooms in 1/4c garlic spray butter till softened. Add chicken soup and chicken. Stirring until combined. Heat remaining 1/4c garlic spray butter 10 seconds in microwave. Add to dry stuffing mix, stirring well. Pour chicken mixture into casserole dish, top with stuffing mixture. Cover with foil and back for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5-10 or until browned on top.
    * 4 servings

Cheese and Refried Bean Casserole Serves 4
    1.5 cups fat-free cottage cheese
    3/4 cup canned corn
    3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies, drained
    2 cups medium-heat salsa
    8 corn tortillas
    1 can (16 oz) fat-free refried beans
    1/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese

In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheeses, corn, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and diced chilies and set aside. On the bottom of a 9-inch x 9-inch nonstick baking pan, spread 1 cup salsa. Place 4 tortillas evenly over the salsa. Place the beans evenly over the tortillas. Place 4 tortillas evenly over the beans. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the tortillas. Over the cheese mixture, spread the last cup of salsa. Sprinkle the low-fat cheddar cheese evenly over the top. Cover the pan with foil and bake in oven 40 minutes at 350*F. Remove cover and let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.

Breakfast Frittata
    Ingredients:
    2 cups Ore Ida Potatoes O’ Brien
    16 oz egg substitute
    4 oz chopped ham
    ¼ cup fat-free mozzarella cheese
    ½ cup fat-free cheddar cheese
    ¼ tsp pepper
    ¼ tsp garlic powder
    ¼ tsp dry mustard

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 425°. Cook potatoes in skillet sprayed with cooking spray over med-high heat until browned. Add chopped ham and Mozzarella cheese, place in 8” square pan sprayed with cooking spray. Combine egg substitute, pepper, garlic powder and mustard. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top of potatoes, and then pour egg mixture evenly in pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Serves: 4
    Nutrition Information per serving:
    Calories: 141 Total Carbohydrate: 9g
    Total Fat: .8g Dietary Fiber: 1g
    Saturated Fat: 0g Sugars: 1g
    Cholesterol: 18mg Protein: 22g
    Sodium: 635mg

Taco Cornbread Pizza
    Ingredients
    1-1lb 96%-98% lean ground beef
    1/2 packet fajita seasoning
    3/4 cup fat-free refried beans
    1cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
    Crust Ingredients
    3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
    1/2 cup Reduced-fat Bisquick
    1/4 cup Splenda
    1/4 cup egg substitute
    1/2 cup 1% milk

Directions
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray baking sheet generously with non-stick spray. Combine all crust ingredients, mixing well. Spread crust mixture on baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. While crust is baking, cook ground beef in skillet until no longer pink. Add fajita seasoning according to packet directions. Remove crust from oven. Spread refried beans over crust, top with ground beef, then cheddar cheese. Put pizza back in oven for cheese to melt. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for approximately 10 more minutes. ENJOY!!!!!
    *Serves 4

Taco Bake
    8 oz. Lean Ground Turkey or Morningstar veggie crumbles
    1 Cup Chunky Salsa
    2/3 Cup Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
    1 teaspoon Dried Parsley Flakes
    1 (10 oz.) Can Tomato Soup
    1/3 Cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
    1/2 Cup Water
    4 (98% Fat Free) Fajita Size Flour Tortillas
    3/4 Cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1 oz. Wow Doritos Chips, crushed

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8X8 Baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray. In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown meat. Stir in salsa, parsley flakes and corn. In a small bowl, combine tomato soup, dry milk powder and water. Add soup mixture to meat mixture. Mix well to combine. Stir in tortilla strips and 3/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Evenly sprinkle the crushed chips over the top and continue to bake for 2-3 minutes. Place dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.

Here's some dessert ones for when your about to cave in:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
    4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
    1 Tablespoon SF syrup
    1 1/2 cups Rice Crispy Cereal (I use puffed rice cereal)
    1 (1.4 oz.) Package Sugar Free Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
    2 Cups Carb Countdown Milk

In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and syrup. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir in cereal, and then press into a 9" pie plate and chill. Mix pudding and milk together, and then pour over piecrust and chill.

Banana Peanutter Crunch Bar
    1 Packet Swiss Miss Fat Free Diet Hot Cocoa Mix
    1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
    1 Medium Banana
    1/4 Cup All Bran Buds

Blend banana, peanut butter and cocoa mix until combined. Stir in cereal. Pour into an 8X8 dish lined with plastic wrap and freeze. Remove plastic wrap from dish and cut into bars.

Pineapple Fluff
    1 (20 oz.) Can Crushed Pineapple, in juice, undrained
    1 Cup Fat Free Cool Whip
    1 (1 oz.) Package Sugar Free Pistachio Pudding Mix

Mix dry pudding mix into pineapple. Fold in Cool Whip. Divide mixture into 4 small bowls and refrigerate until completely chilled.

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking Tuna and Egg Omlet

Tuna and Egg Omlet

Materials Needed:
    Egg Whites
    1 Packet of Chunk Light Tuna
    Olive Oil

Directions:
    Olive Oil the size of a dime to coat the frying pan. Pour in egg whites to desired amount and add 1 packet of Tuna. Heat and flip like an Omlet.

I know it sounds disgusting, but its a good mix and a great source of Protein that is low in calories!!!
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nat Peanut Butter Cookies

a friend of mine had this recipe - I added the Whey and used Nat PB instead of regular - it worked and tasted good - still a few to many cals and what not for an everyday treat - but if you got to have a peanut butter cookie this will owrk nicely.

1 Cup Nat Peanut Butter
    1 Cup Splenda
    2 Scoop Vanilla Whey ( I use ON)
    1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
    1 Egg (next time I am going to try and use the substitute)

Mix all together - roll into little balls put on greased cookie sheet

Take Fork and dip into splenda press into cookie - to flatten and leave the fork marks.

Put into 325 oven for 8-10 min

117 Cal - 9 Prot - 6 fat - yield 15 cookies -it may have been 16 - I ate some of the batter ;O)

barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Pudding

Any pacakge of sugar free fat free instant pudding mix
    any flavor of whey protein
    2 cup skim milk

Mix together - whisk for 2 min - pour into 5 sm containers

90 Cal - 12 Protein - 0.5 fat

I made
    Butterscotch pudding with choc whey
    Banana Creme pudding w/ banana whey
    Cheesecake pudding w/ cookies and cream whey
    I have White Choc pudding and I am trying to decide what to mix with it.

They were all fantastic - I got one of my freinds' mother to try (she is anti protein powder) I did not tell her what it was - just pudding she LOVED IT - then I told her what it was.

Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2 tbs chili powder
    2 tbs mexican oregeno, crushed
    1 medium red onion, chopped
    1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
    1 medium red bell pepper,chopped
    1 large summer squash, chopped
    1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
    2 serrano peppers, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 lb extra lean turkey
    1 4oz can tomato sauce
    handful of cilantro, chopped
    salt and pepper, to taste

Coat nonstick skillet with spray and toast chili powder and oregeno until fragrant. Add onion, bell pepper, squash, eggplant, serrano peppers, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and saute until soft. Remove from pan. Add in turkey, season, and brown completely. After turkey has cooked, add in vegetables and tomato sauce and simmer on low for ~30 minutes. Add in cilantro and stir though. Season to taste, if necessary. Makes four servings.

Totals for entire recipe:

source grams cals %total
    Total: 497
    Fat: 5 44 9%
    Sat: 0 1 0%
    Poly: 0 4 1%
    Mono: 0 1 0%
    Carbs: 41 132 27%
    Fiber: 8 0 0%
    Protein: 76 305 63%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oat bread

3c rolled oats
    1.5c unsweetened applesauce
    10 eggwhites
    2 scoops protein powder

Mix together in a large bowl. Then pour into a loaf tray and bake in the oven at 350 degrees. Baking time takes about 45mins, but just poke a hole through the center to see if it's done. Makes 8 servings.

You can eat this with anything! Cottage cheese, fruits, peanut butter...Maybe even add some nuts or dried fruits to the batter if you like, but it'll change the nutrition values

Nutrition Data:

1 slice
    182 calories
    3g fat
    27g carbs
    4g fiber
    13g protein

headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Outstanding Porridge

This what I've been eating post-workout for a change. Awesome!

1/2 c. dry oats
    1/2 c. water
    Microwave these just until water is absorbed.

Add 1/2 c. ff cottage cheese
    Microwave again until cottage cheese is starting to slightly melt.

Add 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (I use Zero Carb Isopure)
    Microwave again until mixture is thick and creamy.

Stir all ingredients and add vanilla extract, Splenda, and cinnamon to taste.
    Very quick recipe and tastes great!

GymRat27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymRat27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymRat27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymRat27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GymRat27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yummy Stuff!

I posted some of these in my journal too....

CinnaVanilla Apple Oatmeal

Combine 1/2 c. cooked oats with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce. *In a small cup combine 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder with a small amount of water until all the whey is dissolved (should be thick). Pour whey into the cooked oats/applesauce. Re-heat in microwave until desired thickness. Add cinnamon/nutmeg/vanilla flavoring to taste.

*Do not skip this step or whey will be lumpy (even the instantized kind)

Chocolate Banana Fiber cereal

Combine 1/4 c. dry oats and 1/2c. fiber one and 1/2 ripe banana cut into small pieces. Cook according to oatmeal package direction. Stir in 1 scoop of chocolate whey. ENJOY!

My favorite Breakfast!

Cook 1/4c. oats with 1/4c. fiber one. Let cool slightly and stir in 1/3c. cottage cheese and 1T sugar free maple syrup. Chop 3 dried apricots (or any dried fruit, strawberries work well too) and stir into oat/cc mixture.

Peaches n' Cream Protein Ice Cream

Combine 1 can (15oz) peaches (look for "in their own juice, or the kind with Splenda) with 3 scoops whey protein in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour in an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer instructions.

IF you don't have an ice cream maker, freeze in a shallow bowl until outside is hard but center is still soft. Scrape into a blender, blend until smooth and re-freeze (this is to prevent ice crystals).
    * You might have to thaw on the counter-top or in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying.

Cheesey Chicken and Rice

1 cup cooked brown rice, 1/2 cup salsa, 3 oz lean steak, chicken or turkey cooked, 1/4c. black beans (optional), 1 slice FF cheddar cheese.

Put hot cooked rice in a bowl, place one slice of cheese on top. Stir together steak and salsa and beans if using (heat in microwave if salsa and beans are cold). Pour on top of cheese. Let cheese melt a few seconds and enjoy!

Devilish Eggs

Hard boil 6 large eggs.

In the mean time cook 1/4-1/2 c. oats. Sweeten with 1T SF maple syrup and/or cinnamon and Splenda. Cool and peel eggs and discard the yolks. Stuff yolks with oatmeal and sprinkle with 1T finely chopped nuts. (Mashed sweet potatoes can be used in place of oatmeal)
    Lift Smart...No Excuses

oatmeal cookies

2 Tbsp applesauce
    1/2 cup of oats
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/2 scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
    cinnamon and splenda to taste

stir together let sit 10 minutes

bake at 300 for 10 to 12 minutes

25/22/2 202 calories
    chocoholic

KickBoxGrrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Under 200 calorie - Pizza craving fix

I love pizza but haven't had pizzeria pizza in months since the new diet.. Here's my fix that keeps me sane....

Preheat over to 450 Deg.

Take Thomas's light whole grain english muffin, split.
    Put 1 Tbs of tomato sauce and 10g of reduced fat mozz cheese on each half.
    Sprinkle with oregano, parsley, garlic, basil.
    optional protein boost = cut up small pieces chicken breast
    Cook on cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Cals : 163 (100 for E.Muffin, 57 for Cheese, 6 for Tomato sauce)
    Fat : 4g (3 for cheese, 1 for muffin)
    Prot : 13g (6 from cheese, 7 from muffin)
    Carbs : 25g (2 from sauce, 1 from cheese, 22 from muffin)
    Fiber : 8g (all from muffin)

(If I'm ok on cals and carbs for the day I'll use a whole wheat pocketless pita, 240 cals and 26g carbs)

deviled egg?

Half a hard-boiled egg, minus the yolk
    1/4 oatmeal cooked with splenda (could add cinnamon too)

Put oatmeal in the egg whites!!
    chocoholic

Healthier Version of CPK Pear & Gorgonzola Pizza

(1) Fat Free Whole Wheat Tortilla- sprayed with pam w/ butter
    1 sm no sugar applesauce - add some red pepper, basil, rosemary
    Onions - sliced and sauteed in Pam w/ butter
    FF Feta - they don't have FF gorgonzola at grocery
    FF Mozz
    (1) Ripe Pear.

Preheat Oven 425

Put applesuce on tortilla
    then layer onions and pears and FF Feta and FF mozz
    (we added grilled chicken breast for more protein). Put in oven about 15 min - take spring salad mix and toss with no calorie blue cheese dressing (I found this at the grocery store this weekend - no cal - no fat- no carbs - I wonder what it really is ). When pizza is done (cheese melted) cut into (4) pieces then put your salad on top (like they do at the CPK) and viola.

365 Cals - 40 Prot - 6 Fat

1 lb spaghetti squash
    1 lb extra lean ground turkey
    1 cup onion, chopped
    1 cup green pepper, chopped
    1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
    .5 cup tomato puree
    4 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
    2-3 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
    1 tablespoon red pepper flake
    salt and pepper to taste

6 oz fat free mozarella, shredded - I use Lifetime brand

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise and seed. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake for ~ 45 minutes or until completely soft.

Meanwhile, season turkey with salt and pepper and brown in nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Once completely cooked, remove from skillet. Add onion, green pepper, garlic, dried Italian seasoning, and red pepper flake to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft. Add tomato to skillet and cook until soft. Add tomato puree and ~ .5 cup of water as well as turkey. Stir well and allow to simmer for ~45 minutes. Season to taste. Add more water if necessary.

Once squash is softened and cool enough to handle, use fork to scrape "spaghetti" threads from squash. Season with salt and pepper.

Mix sauce, squash, and ~ 3 oz of cheese and pour in baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of casserole and bake covered for ~ 35 minutes. Remove cover and allow cheese to melt and slightly brown.

Makes 6 servings. Per serving:

Calories Eaten Today
    source grams cals %total
    Total: 194
    Fat: 2.3
    Carbs: 16
    Fiber: 3
    Protein: 27.5

beautifully broken spytechs_wife's Avatar
    spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I made this up tonight—it was really good and very filling! I adapted other chili recipes I found here to make it.

Super Protein Turkey Chili

1 lbs lean ground turkey
    ½ cup chopped green pepper (about ½ pepper)
    1 8 oz. can tomato sauce (I used Contadina)
    1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes (I used Hunts)
    ½ tsp chopped garlic, or 1 clove
    1 8 oz. can cut green beans, 1 cup fresh
    1 tsp. chili powder
    1 tsp. cumin
    1 tsp salt (opt.)

“Brown” turkey and garlic together in skillet. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 min. For extra carbs eat over egg noodles or brown rice. For extra yum, add a small amount of FF cheese!

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

TOTAL MEAL:

784 calories
    7.5 fat
    42 carbs
    134 protein

I SPLIT INTO 3 SERVINGS:

262 calories
    2.5 fat
    14 carbs
    45 protein
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

"The ultimate mystery is one's own self." - Sammy Davis, Jr.

Full service photography-
    offthecuffphotography.info

cindyw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Recipes

Does anyone have any good veggies recipes? I am soooo tired of Broccoli, cauliflower, etc....There are so many veggies out there that I haven't tried because I'm not sure what to do with them.....so if any of you have any ideas, recipes, etc....I would sure appreciate them....

Thanks everyone and I love all the different recipes that I have collected so far

newbie18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protein Pancakes

newbie18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

PROTEIN PANCAKES

1/2 CUP Pancake mix
    1 scoop any flavor whey protein
    about 1/2 cup of milk you can add more or less as you need it
    2 egg whites

Mix together dry ingredients taking care of all lumps in powder, then add the wet ingredients stir thouroughly add extra milk if needed .
    set griddle on 350, if you do not have one use a large skillet set on about 7
    pour mixture in two spots on griddle(mix should make two pancakes) let set about 1-2 min checking it then flip and let the other side set. and vwalla protein pancakes.

cindyw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is CC?

Originally Posted by Briar
    oh girlies i had this creation the other day and it was almost like cheating

1/2c CC
    1/4c Oats
    1/4c Yoghurt ( i used natural unsweetened kind)
    1/4c Berries
    cinnamon

mix all together and put int he fridge/freezer for a while and its SO YUMMY

you could even chuck some almonds or protein powder in there too