Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    cindyw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is Quinoa?

Originally Posted by Terryocean
    Garlic chicken stir fry with Quinoa, peppers, and basil

Ingredients:
    1 cup of qunioa cooked in two cups of veggie or chicken broth
    1 1/2 pounds of chicken or two large chicken breasts
    4 tablespoons (or less) of olive oil
    1 small onion thinly sliced
    1 orange and 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
    5 garlic cloves
    20 basil leaves
    Parmesan cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste

Cut chicken into pieces (one inch) Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat add oil. Add chicken and saute for 5 minutes or until brown. Add onions,bell peppers; saute for one to two minutes; add garlic and saute until peppers become slightly limp but still bright, season with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat; add basil and prepared quinoa. Toss in basil until it wilts; garnish with parmesan cheese.

4 servings

Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cindyw
    What is CC?
    I would think she is either referring to cottage cheese or cream cheese. Prob cottage.

Hope this helps
    "People do not lack strength, they lack will."

bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quinoa is a grain, or as I'm reading it on http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...523,74,00.html it is really a type of seed.
    "If there's a barrier up
    I'm pushing through it
    A door slammed in my face
    I'm kicking through it" --Sick of it All

"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands,
    hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats."
    --H.L. Mencken

Non illegitimi te carborundum!

Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tuna Patties

1 can of tuna
    1 egg white
    1/4 slice of bread
    ***optional spices***paprika, garlic powder, pepper, dill, etc.

Mix drained tuna, egg white and spices. Crumble 1/4 slice of bread, add. Mix well. Heat pan on medium and spray with nonfat cooking spray. Shape mixure into patties (I usually make 2 out of this amount of tuna) and cook on each side till golden brown.

Using entire recipe:

185-190 calories
    1.5 grams fat
    4.5 grams of carbohydrates
    36-37 grams protein

These are my calculations for the recipe. I calculated it using the info for chunk light tuna in water. If you use solid tuna, the amounts will be slightly higher since it is a little higher in calories and fat. Also, if I need the calories, I will add a slice of Kraft's 2% cheese (50 cal, 2.5 g fat, 2 g carbs, 4 g protein). I get on these kicks where I make these everyday. Low in carbs and fat, very high in protein.

-Star

misstenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dutch Baby For One

This is a rendition of the classic pancake known in Chicago as the Dutch Baby. It cooks in the oven and POOFS up, then deflates when you serve it. So, like a souffle, except its supposed to shrink. :-)

The batter can be made up to a day ahead and refrigerated.

1 T buttermilk powder
    3 T water
    2 T whole wheat pastry flour
    1 large eggs
    1 egg white
    1/8 t lemon extract
    1/2 t sugar
    1/4 t pure vanilla extract
    1 t unsalted butter

To serve:
    1/2 lemon, cut into wedges

Heat oven to 450. Place 6" iron skillet in oven.
    Make batter, combining all ingredients except butter and blending well. Add butter to skillet and return it to the oven for 1-2 minutes. Remove skillet, swirl butter around to coat, and then pour the batter at once into the pan.

Return to oven, let cook for 5 minutes, then turn oven off (the residual heat will cook the pancake). Allow to finish cooking for about 5+ minutes, removing when the edges have poofed and are nice and brown. Remove from oven and watch it deflate! Tip onto a plate for serving.

Serve with lemon wedges and powdered sugar, if desired.

Nutrition:
    210 calories, 9g fat, 20g carb (2g fiber), 13g protein.

Miss Tenacity

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Homemade Protein Bar Recipe
    (compliments of MsJewels, women's forum)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homemade protein bar recipe (everyone's talking about it, so I've gotta try it. Putting it here for easy access):

5 TBLSP natural peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup oat flour (if you don't have oat flour, use another
    1/2 cup of oats)
    6 scoops chocolate whey protein
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 TBSP flax seeds (optional)
    1 cup non fat dry milk
    1/2 cup water (you may need more water depending on
    whey protein)

Mix together dry ingredients. Add peanut butter and mix. It will be crumbly. Add water and vanilla. (Use a spatula sprayed with non stick spray) and mix completely (dough may be very sticky). Put in a greased 8x8 pan and either refridgerate or freeze until hardened. Cut into 9 squares. Wrap individually and take with you.

Nutrition per square:
    Calories: 197
    protein:21 (dependent on supplement brand)

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    banana protein bars (from aprilai)

1.5 large bananas
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1.5 cup oats
    5 scoops whey
    1 packet banana cream pudding
    8 eggwhites

mix together, let it sit for 1-2hrs in the refrigerator. pour into a pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30mins. makes 8 servings.

194 cals
    2g fat
    24g carbs
    2g fiber
    20g protein
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Lightbulb Choco pops

I twisted this recipe from a protine pudding I read on here.

2 cups plain low fat soy milk
    2 scoops choc protine powder
    1 pkg sf ff choco instant pudding

I put mine in a 18 hole ice cube tray and froze...about 3 - 4 hours.
    each cube is 27.5 cals...and the rest I didnt figure out.
    But its supper good!

Protein Pudding (usual recipe):

1pkg sugar free instant pudding
    2 scoop whey (any flavor to match pudding)
    2 Cup Skim Milk

Whisk for 2 min - pour into (5) containers and refridgerate; ready in 5 min

Chocolate Cheesecake Protein Pudding:
    Use chocolate whey and chocolate pudding and make above recipe. Mix 3 parts pudding with 1 part ff, sf yogurt.

YUMMY
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000)

Post Mexican Chicken Casserole

1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, divided
    1 3/4 pounds skinned, boned chicken breasts
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup evaporated skim milk
    1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    1/4 cup (2 ounces) tub-style light cream cheese
    1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce-mild, medium or spicy depending on your "heat" tolerance.
    12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
    Cooking spray
    1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
    1 ounce tortilla chips, crushed (about 6 chips)

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine broth and 1 can of chiles in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Add chicken; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done, turning chicken once. Remove chicken from cooking liquid, reserving cooking liquid; cool chicken. Shred meat with two forks, and set aside.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 can of chiles and onion; sauté 3 minutes or until soft. Add reserved cooking liquid, milk, Monterey Jack, cream cheese, and enchilada sauce; stir well. Stir in shredded chicken; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.

Place 4 tortillas in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon 2 cups chicken mixture over tortillas. Repeat layers twice, ending with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and chips. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
    CALORIES 369(28% from fat); FAT 11.4g (sat 5g,mono 3.8g,poly 1.4g); PROTEIN 35.6g; CHOLESTEROL 79mg; CALCIUM 360mg; SODIUM 479mg; FIBER 3g; IRON 2.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 31.3g

When making this I cut the cheese(no pun intended) and replace it with soy cheese. So I'm not sure how that changes the nutritional facts. I got this from the Cooking Light website.
    Last edited by Ninja J; 09-04-2005 at 10:41 AM.
    Jonathan Alexander was born 8-11-08
    8-11-08: 5lbs 12oz, 19 inches long
    8-13-08: 5lbs 6oz
    8-25-08: 7lbs, 19.5 inches long
    10-14-08: 11lbs 12oz, 21.75 in. long

fit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Emma,

it seems like you use Stevia in all your baking recipes. Can you please specify how much? I bouth Stevia Plus before but I am not sure how to adapt to baking since sugar (or Splenda) actually help with the consistency of the dough. I am OK skipping sugar all together but how do cookies and cake turn out without it?
    Thanks
    Fit

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    Not my recipies, so I don't follow them exactly.... But they are TP approved "carb-cycle" friendly cookies!

Oat Cookies
    1 C. Grinded Rolled Oats
    2-3 tbs Splenda (I hate splenda, so I use nothing or a tiny bit of stevia)
    1 C. Unsweetened Applesauce
    1 tsp. Baking Soda
    1 tsp. Baking Powder
    1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (or other flavours you want)
    1 tsp. Cinnamon
    4 Egg Whites
    1/4 - 1/2 C. Water (you may need more or less depending on the thickness)
    1 C. Rolled Oats (not grounded)

Mix all the ingredients except the Rolled Oats together. Once you have a cookie dough batter fold in the 1 C. Rolled Oats. Place the batter in the fridge for 3 hours to 'rest' then re-adjust the consistancy with water if needed. Make small 'biscuit' balls and flatten them onto a lined baking tray. Bake at 8-10 mins. in a pre-heated 180 degree oven.

It makes 24 small - med. sized cookies at:
    31.5 Calories
    1/2G Fat
    6G Carbs
    1.25G Protein

Low-Fat Oatmeal Cookies
    1/2c splenda (once again, I don't use this - maybe some stevia)
    3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 cup wholemeal flour (I HATE flour and NEVER use it - use ground oats instead)
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt (I don't add this - I HATE using salt!!!)
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I add at LEAST 1 tsp - mmmm.... cinnamon)
    1 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup raisins (optional)
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
    (I add things like coconut/banana/vanilla/rose-water etc for flavours).

1/ Stir together the splenda (if you use it), applesauce and vanilla essence.
    2/ Sift together the ground oats, baking powder and cinnamon and stir into the applesauce mixture.
    3/ Add the rolled oats, raisins and chopped nuts (if you want them) and stir until combined.
    4/ Drop teaspoonfuls onto a lined tray and bake for 10 minutes in a 180 degree preheated oven.

Makes 24 cookies (when made with wholemeal flour and splenda). Per cookie -with raisins & walnuts:
    58 calories
    1.9g fat
    9.5g carbs
    1g fiber
    1.7g protein

without raisins:
    49 calories
    1.9g fat
    7g carbs
    1g fiber
    1.6g protein

without walnuts:
    42 calories
    0.3g fat
    9g carbs
    1g fiber
    1.3g protein

Flat Oatcakes
    1 cup oat flour (ground oats) - I use oatbran.
    1 tablespoon splenda (once again, I don't use this)
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/8 teaspoon sea salt (ICK! )
    3-4 tablespoons skim milk, plus extra for brushing
    1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats

Preparation -
    1/ Preheat oven to 180 degrees F and line a baking sheet
    2/ In a food processor, combine oat flour, splenda, baking powder and salt.
    3/ Pulse briefly. Add 3 tablespoons of milk and the applesauce and pulse for 45 seconds, just until mixture forms a ball. If too dry, add a little more milk.
    4/ Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Knead in all but 2 tablespoons of the rolled oats. Flatten and roll into a circle. Brush with milk and sprinkle with splenda (if you want - I obviously do not do this - but, once again, it is in the recipe) and the remaining 2 tablespoons oats and cut into 10 'wedges' (or use a cookie cutter to cut into circles if you want).
    5/ Transfer them to prepared baking sheet and bake until firm and lightly browned (about 15 minutes).

Nutritional Analysis per 10 oatcakes (made ala original recipe):
    Calories 59
    Carbohydrate 11 g
    Fat 1 g
    Fiber 1.6 g
    Protein 2 g
    Saturated fat 0.1 g
    Sodium 38 mg

PB oatmeal cookies
    1/2c splenda (stevia or none for me)
    1/4 cup applesauce
    1/2c peanut butter (crunchy!)
    1 cup ww flour (I use ground oats, or do 1/2 and 1/2 with oatbran)
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt (Yup - I do not add it)
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I add more - a teaspoon)
    1 cup rolled oats
    0.5 cups raisins (optional)
    + water as needed

1/ Mix dry stuff.
    2/ Mix wet stuff.
    3/ Combine.
    4/ Place on cookie tray and bake in moderate oven until done.

per cookie(makes 24)
    62 calories
    3g fat
    7.2g carbs
    1.2g fiber
    2.5g protein

if you add 1/2c. raisins:
    71 calories
    3g fat
    9.5g carbs
    1.4g fiber
    2.7g protein

Originally Posted by barnetjs
    Any pacakge of sugar free fat free instant pudding mix
    any flavor of whey protein
    2 cup skim milk

Mix together - whisk for 2 min - pour into 5 sm containers

90 Cal - 12 Protein - 0.5 fat

I made
    Butterscotch pudding with choc whey
    Banana Creme pudding w/ banana whey
    Cheesecake pudding w/ cookies and cream whey
    I have White Choc pudding and I am trying to decide what to mix with it.

They were all fantastic - I got one of my freinds' mother to try (she is anti protein powder) I did not tell her what it was - just pudding she LOVED IT - then I told her what it was.
    How much whey protein? 1 or 2 scoops?

barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Fit123- I use 2 scoops of prot powder

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fit123
    Emma,

it seems like you use Stevia in all your baking recipes. Can you please specify how much? I bouth Stevia Plus before but I am not sure how to adapt to baking since sugar (or Splenda) actually help with the consistency of the dough. I am OK skipping sugar all together but how do cookies and cake turn out without it?
    Thanks
    Fit
    Hey - Ok, well as I said, I don't really use sweeteners at all... Usually I will just use a few extracts and leave it at that.

But on the rare occasion I actually do add something then yes, I will use stevia powder. Stevia is REALLY sweet. You only need to use 0.25 to 0.5 a tsp to get a noticable difference - and after that you start to 'taint' the recipe.. so be very careful.

As for consistency - I have not found a problem at all and all my baked products turn out fine.

If you want more info on stevia you can check out Stevia.com for some recipes and other information.

HealthSix17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pumpkin Pie!!

Crust: 2.5 cups of oats finely chopped(use food processor or blender)
    2 egg whites
    3/4 cup Splenda
    1/3 cup liquid I can't believe it's not butter spray.
    Mix together well in a bowl and spread onto a greased pie pan.
    Place in 425 oven for just 10 min.
    remove.
    Pie Filling: 1 can of Pumpkin Puree
    1/3 cup splenda
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    1 egg white
    2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    1 tbsp cinnamon.
    Mix well and pour over pie crust Put back in 425 oven for 15 min and then reduce to 350 for about 25 min or until a knife comes out clean from the center......when cooled spread a thin layer of FF cool whip on top!!!

if you cut into 11 slices..they yield about...
    82 calories
    13 carbs
    6 grams of protein
    1 fat
    3 fiber............ENJOY!!!
    " Make it happen, help it happen, or get out of the way."

LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I'm getting me veggies!

Here's an interesting kick on stir fry that I think you guys might enjoy...

Chicken breast cut into bite size pieces or strips
    Favorite blend of frozen veggies
    Spinach
    Ranch Seasoning Packet

I cooked the chicken in my skillet, added the ranch (not the whole packet about 1/4), then the frozen veggies and the spinache. Turned out awesome!!!

get your veggies!

I posted this on a different forum before I knew there was a recipe thread!

I recently discovered a great way to grill veggies with Kraft Fat Free Zesty Italian salad dressing.

Cut up a bunch of zucchini, yellow squash, onions, red and green peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes in decent size pieces (don't make them too small or they will burn)

Coat them with the Italian dressing (I don't really measure how much I use, I just make sure they all get a little bit withough drawning them since it depends on how much veggies you use).

Then either make skewers or throw them in a grill wok (I do the latter since making skewers takes too much time) and grill them. Once cooked you can freeze them for later use.

It's delicious! Even my hubby likes them and he is definitely not a veggie person.

LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) LinearChaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

TUNA Recipes...

So it's 11:39 pm on a Sunday night and I can't sleep so I'm playing on the internet searching for new and exciting recipes and I came accross the chicken of the sea website that has a searchable recipe section...www.chickenofthesea.com

Here is a neat on I found on there...
    Tokyo Tuna
    Ingredients
    2 teaspoon peanut oil
    1 small garlic clove, minced
    2 medium scallions, finely sliced
    1 teaspoon minced garlic fresh ginger
    2 Tablespoon soy sauce
    pinch sugar
    6 oz. Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Spring Water

Directions
    Heat a heavy medium skillet over moderately high heat until almost smoking. Add the oil and tilt to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic, scallions and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute, until fragant and golden. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and 1/3 cup water. Bring to a boil, add the tuna and cook, stirring, until heated through. Serve immediately over rice or soba noodles.

Preparation Time: 10

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Talking

I came up with a good combo.
    Cook up some squash (I nuked mine)
    Add cinnamon and splenda....and then Peanut butter....OMG it was soooo good. Try it, you will like it.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

beautifully broken spytechs_wife's Avatar
    spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Spaghetti Squash and Chicken with sauce

Prepare squash: Cut one squash in half lengthwise and de-seed. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. When done, scrape out squash with a fork. (It will come out looking like spaghetti noodles!)

Squash Nutritional Information:
    1 cup serving (155g)
    CAL 42
    FAT 0
    CRB 10 (fib-2)
    PRT 1

Prepare chicken: Grill or fry chicken breast with a dash of olive oil and chopped basil leaf. (Cut up into pieces or leave it whole.)

Prepare sauce: In processor mix ½ cup diced canned tomatoes, ½ tblsp olive oil, ½ tsp minced garlic, 1 fresh basil leaf. Simmer in pot until food is ready.

Sauce Nutritional Information: (for entire batch-makes enough for one person)
    CAL 90
    FAT 7
    CRB 6
    PRT 1

The oil is optional in the sauce. You can use just the tomatoes if you don’t need the extra fats.

Serve hot with low fat parmesan cheese!
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

"The ultimate mystery is one's own self." - Sammy Davis, Jr.

Full service photography-
    offthecuffphotography.info

onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sillyvent
    5 TBLSP natural peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup oat flour (if you don't have oat flour, use another
    1/2 cup of oats)
    6 scoops chocolate whey protein
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 TBSP flax seeds (optional)
    1 cup non fat dry milk
    1/2 cup water (you may need more water depending on
    whey protein)

Mix together dry ingredients. Add peanut butter and mix. It will be crumbly. Add water and vanilla. (Use a spatula sprayed with non stick spray) and mix completely (dough may be very sticky). Put in a greased 8x8 pan and either refridgerate or freeze until hardened. Cut into 9 squares. Wrap individually and take with you.

Nutrition per square:
    Calories: 197
    protein:21
    fat:7
    carbs:13.7
    fiber:1.6
    These are the bomb! Esp. warmed up! I had to make mine with vanilla whey since my choclate hasn't come yet...can't wait to try with chocolate whey!

LeslieKatherine LeslieKatherine's Avatar
    LeslieKatherine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sf/99.5% Fat Free Crustless Pumkin Pie!

This recipe is PERFECT for someone who has a sweet tooth and is strict about not cheating. Everything in this recipes is MUSCLE BUILDING/FAT BURNING approved! I just took the original pumkin pie recipe and "pampered it up".

1 29oz can of Libby's Pumkin
    1 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1 tsp. groung ginger
    half tsp. groung cloves
    8 egg WHITES
    2 12oz can FAT FREE evaporated milk
    1 and half cups of baking splenda(you can always add more if you LOVE SWEET)

SKIP THE CRUST AND SKIP THE GUILT OF ALL THAT HARD WORK!

Mix splenda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat egg WHITES in large bowl. Stir in pumkin, and splenda-spice mixture. Gradually stir in FAT FREE evaporated milk.

Letme no how it turns out!!!
    Spary two large pie baking pans with pam or FF butter spray.

Bake in a preheated 425* preheated oven for 15 min. Reduce temp. to 350* and bake for another 40 to 50 min. or untill a knife come out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.

Heres the best part half of a pie has only 250 calories. OH MY

NUTRITION FACTS:
    ENTIRE RECIPE

Calories: 1000
    Fat: 3.5 grams(for the whole recipe)
    Carbs: 159 grams
    Fiber: 35 grams
    Protien: 86 grams

bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) bogglezjan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

EASY protein pancakes

I've got this recipe from Oxygen Mag., and I tried it right away, it taste so good and great for breakfast or snack! Easy and fast!

Chocolate Protein Pancakes (suggested servings:2)

1 Scoop of chocolate whey
    2 egg white
    1/2 cup oats
    1 tbsp flaxseed oil(I use sunflower oil)
    1 tbsp almond butter/hazelnut butter
    Dash of splenda

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and wet ingredients in a seperate bowl;
    Mix "dry" into "wet", mix well together;
    To make 2 portion, scoop 1/2 mixture into a medium heated pan until the side is fixed 'til golden brown, then turn over to cook on another side;
    Serve with homemade mixed berries puree, natural honey or sf syrup.
    (it's pretty dry if you don't have any sauce to serve together, don't try that!)

Nutrition Facts per serving:
    263 kcal; 9g Fat; 32g Carbs; 18g Protein.

skiezik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A different type of Protein Pancake

I do my protein pancakes a little bit differently.

1/3 cup oatmeal
    1/3 cup cottage cheese
    1/3 cup egg whites
    cinnamon and splenda

I then just cook in on a frying pan like you would anyother pancake. They are an awesome healthy treat!
    Selena-Bean

Don't be afraid to push yourself because nothing worth it comes easy!

beautifully broken spytechs_wife's Avatar
    spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Baked Kettle Corn

½ cup unpopped white popcorn
    2 egg whites
    1 cup splenda
    1 tblsp salt
    2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray baking sheets with non-stick spray. Air pop popcorn. In small bowl beat egg whites and mix in other ingredients until well mixed. Pour mixture over popcorn and toss or mix with hands. Spread on baking sheet(s) and cook for approximately 25 minutes.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

Per serving: (makes 2 servings)

130 calories
    1g fat
    26g carbs
    7g protein

If you need/want the fats or sugars, add nuts and/or 2 tblsp honey before cooking! Take this snack to holiday parties to keep you away from the junk.
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

"The ultimate mystery is one's own self." - Sammy Davis, Jr.

Full service photography-
    offthecuffphotography.info

TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Helene
    The following 3 recipes come from Stella's kitchen book. These are 3 of my regular recipes and are very easy to make.

Meatloaf (Beef or turkey or Bison or horse)

Ingredients
    1 pound extra lean beef or turkey or bison or horse
    1/4 cup onion
    1/2 large pepper
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup oat bran or oatmeal
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    8 once reduced-sodium tomato sauce
    pepper to taste

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix meat, vegetables, eggs, garlic powder, oatbran or oatmeal, and half of the tomato sauce together in a medium-sized bowl. Spoon mixture into an 8x8 square baking pan or bread loaf pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top loaf with remaining tomato sauce and bake for approx. 50 minutes. Makes 4 large slices.

Nutritional info
    Calories - 172
    Carbs - 9g
    Protein - 23.5g
    Fat - 5g
    Fiber - 1.78g

HORSE??????

balance23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking This Pumpkin Pie was excellent!

See below for recipe quoted from above!

Thank you LeslieKatherine!

I made this today and i thought it tasted just like a inside of the pumpkin pie. And it actually has a good amt of protein per serving. It will last a while since i will be the only one eating it but i am glad to have a guilt-free indulgent!

I am going to post my low-cal Pumpkin Bran Muffins---tis the season for pumpkins!

Originally Posted by LeslieKatherine
    This recipe is PERFECT for someone who has a sweet tooth and is strict about not cheating. Everything in this recipes is MUSCLE BUILDING/FAT BURNING approved! I just took the original pumkin pie recipe and "pampered it up".

1 29oz can of Libby's Pumkin
    1 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1 tsp. groung ginger
    half tsp. groung cloves
    8 egg WHITES
    2 12oz can FAT FREE evaporated milk
    1 and half cups of baking splenda(you can always add more if you LOVE SWEET)

SKIP THE CRUST AND SKIP THE GUILT OF ALL THAT HARD WORK!

Mix splenda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat egg WHITES in large bowl. Stir in pumkin, and splenda-spice mixture. Gradually stir in FAT FREE evaporated milk.

Letme no how it turns out!!!
    Spary two large pie baking pans with pam or FF butter spray.

Bake in a preheated 425* preheated oven for 15 min. Reduce temp. to 350* and bake for another 40 to 50 min. or untill a knife come out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.

Heres the best part half of a pie has only 250 calories. OH MY

NUTRITION FACTS:
    ENTIRE RECIPE

Calories: 1000
    Fat: 3.5 grams(for the whole recipe)
    Carbs: 159 grams
    Fiber: 35 grams
    Protien: 86 grams

balance23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pumpkin Bran Muffins! --86 cal each!

Mix:

3/4 cup wheat bran
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup splenda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1tsp baking soda
    2-3 tsp cinnamon

Mix:
    1 egg
    1 cup pure pumpkin (canned)
    1/2 cup milk + 1tsp vinegar OR 1/2 cup buttermilk

Stir dry ingredients with wet until just mixed. Divide batter into 9 muffin cups (spray with Pam beforehand). Bake for 20-25 minutes in 400 F degree oven.

86 cal each (for 9)
    4 g protein
    3 g fibre

Very filling even though low cal=) GIVE ME FEEDBACK IF YOU TRY THESE=)

Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by balance23
    Mix:

3/4 cup wheat bran
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup splenda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1tsp baking soda
    2-3 tsp cinnamon

Mix:
    1 egg
    1 cup pure pumpkin (canned)
    1/2 cup milk + 1tsp vinegar OR 1/2 cup buttermilk

Stir dry ingredients with wet until just mixed. Divide batter into 9 muffin cups (spray with Pam beforehand). Bake for 20-25 minutes in 400 F degree oven.

86 cal each (for 9)
    4 g protein
    3 g fibre

Very filling even though low cal=) GIVE ME FEEDBACK IF YOU TRY THESE=)
    oh this sounds deliscous
    "People do not lack strength, they lack will."

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Egg White Oatmeal Pancake With Peanut Butter and Banana

Egg White Oatmeal Pancake With Peanut Butter and Banana
    6 egg whites
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    4 teaspoons peanut butter
    1/2 large banana
    • Whisk egg whites, cinnamon, and Splenda together in bowl.
    • Pour egg mixture into lightly greased medium nonstick skillet. Immediately sprinkle raw oatmeal on top of eggs. Let cook several minutes to set. When fairly firm, flip pancake, cook 2 minutes or until oatmeal side is browned.
    • Transfer to plate, oatmeal side up. Spread peanut butter right onto oatmeal, top with sliced banana.

Nutritional info:
    Calories 367
    Total Fat 12.8g
    Saturated Fat 2.5g
    Polyunsat. Fat 3.5g
    Monounsat. Fat 5.6g
    Total Carbohydrate 34.6g
    Dietary Fiber 6.1g
    Protein 31.0g