Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile The Slingshot Training System

PRIME/BLAST/CRUISE

The Slingshot Training System

By Ronnie Rowland author of the “Slingshot Training System.”

WARNING: READ FIRST

No liability is assumed by the author for information contained within. Anabolic steroids are illegal in many countries and are not condoned by the author. All readers, are advises that any form of supplements or drugs described may be illegal, prohibited, or used only with a doctors prescription. The author does not participate, advocate, or encourage in any illegal activities. Readers must consult with appropriate legal and medical authorities if not certain about what has been stated in this article.

Rules for the STS thread.

1. Please do not PM question to me in regards to training and diet. I want answers to be in public for everyone to view.

2. I am here to help both recreational and competitive bodybuilders of all levels.

3. Please post all Slingshot Training questions in this thread. If you begin another thread on the topic of Slingshot Training it might not get answered.

Introduction:

When many bodybuilders hit a plateau, what do they do? They begin to push even harder by adding more intensity or exercises to their routine. This kind of thinking is wrong because a muscle has to be exposed to something it is not used to doing without over-training the nervous system and joints. Adding additional exercises or trying to use beyond failure techniques is widely accepted for producing frustrated bodybuilders!

It's no secret that progressively adding more weight to every lift is a sure-fire way to increase total lean body mass, given the diet, training volume, and exercise selection is spot on. Almost everyone starts out using low volume. They grow at a phenomenal rate until the body adapts and quits responding. Because some feel the gains were so great using the lower volume approach, they begin to try and lift heavier weights while using the same program for extended periods of time. They put continued pressure on themselves to try to beat personal records each training session in hopes it will somehow further their muscle mass. Unfortunately, they end up with nothing more than chronic injuries and stagnation as a result.

The intelligent trainer's switch-over to using more volume, while the less fortunate keep thinking less is always more! The next mistake comes into play by the trainees who have switched over to using the higher volume approach. Many bodybuilders become so overwhelmed with their newly found muscle mass after having increased the volume that they begin to reason with themselves thinking more must always be done from that point on. They quickly hit a point of diminishing returns and eventually develop over-use injuries and an over-trained nervous system, instead of reverting back to using a lower amount of volume that worked so well at the beginning.

Sometimes their training will take the form of more sets-reps, exercises, intensity, training sessions, etc. Some are in constant search for the latest routines that will shock their muscles even further. However, all this does is hold them back even more because no one can overcome diminishing returns or keep using the same routine for extended periods of time and expect to make good gains!

** As a bodybuilder you will be going up against giants. In biblical times David used a "slingshot" to destroy his largest opponent of all, Goliath. Slingshot Training will dramatically change your physique in a short amount of time, trust me on this one.* *

Every time I browse the internet it’s the same old question being asked over and over again; “What’s the best training routine to gain lean muscle mass and strength?” Many of you are jumping from program to program and it’s not really making any noticeable differences in your strength or appearance. Some of you were making gains but have now reached a plateau. Others believe that a properly structured routine won’t really make much difference in comparison to other training programs and you tend to be either an obsessive-compulsive high volume bodybuilder (always going for a pump) or an obsessive-compulsive low volume bodybuilder (always trying to gain more strength). If you fall into any of these categories, I want to share with you what I have found optimal for making forward progress as an off-season bodybuilder.

The big picture is learning what it takes to create an effective progressive over-load (lift more weight) without getting injured and then taking those strength gains and proceeding forward to create a true progressive over-load (performing more sets with heavier weight loads) without developing over-use injuries and over-training. Add the proper nutrition into the mix and that’s how you get results. I refer to this as using a slingshot approach (hurling intensity to the muscles).

If you gain strength but fail to gain some muscle size over time, it’s because you are not eating enough calories. If you gain strength but neglect to increase training volume during a period of using more calories to put on weight, you will gain more body fat and less muscle size. Combining more [b]volume with extra calories and increased strength gains is what causes maximum growth. Then you must periodize these 3 factors so progress and recuperation can be made year round.

Training has to do with adaptation. Volume, Intensity and Strength have their limitations. None of them are infinite. For e.g.; If you perform 1 intense set of heavy barbell curls twice a week, the neural pathways will eventually adjust themselves by getting stronger so they can handle an even heavier weight load next time you train. Yes, the biceps will get stronger, but not necessarily a lot bigger. Stay with me here! When you take advantage of the added strength gains made by using less volume and then co-mingling those added strength gains with additional training volume while not over-training, you can be assured you will grow bigger muscles. That is how you create a true progressive overload! You can use all the fancy beyond failure training methods such as drop sets and rest-pause for hours on end and never create a true progressive overload because limitless adaptation equals a heavier workload in conjunction with additional volume to breakdown down more muscle tissue, while never going past the point of diminishing returns.

A progressive over-load and a true progressive over-load are not one in the same. Creating a progressive over-load is brought forth by being able to lift more weight using the same form, amount of work sets, and rest periods between sets. A true progressive over-load (a phrase I coined) is also brought forth when you can lift more weight using the same form, and rest periods between sets, but the amount of work sets performed must be greater than what’s required to produce a progressive over-load!

Multitudes of people, especially our youth, are often guilty of listening to those who are taking or have taken a ton of anabolic drugs. Not that there’s anything wrong with adults taking anabolics, but when these individuals use their stats to bolster arguments in favor of some idiosyncratic approach to training and dieting, it becomes the flavor-of-the-month approach to bodybuilding. The truth is, a lot of drug- enhanced bodybuilders make impressive initial gains, but are not making continued gains because they do not know what constitutes proper diet and training.

I am of the opinion that all beyond failure training techniques are just an egotistical way to promote a radically different training method! I have developed an advanced training system that will work for anyone that is willing to give it a chance. It goes against a lot of the Muscle Mag Dogma that’s continually being rehashed. There’s no rest-pause, drop sets, super sets, forced reps, etc. Many training systems sound whacky because they are whacky. If you do something extreme, it’s going to be something you can’t live with so it’s bound to fail. No one has nor will they ever, devise a training technique that will work as good as straight sets for building size and strength. There’s a very good reason that most veterans in this sport have stopped using extreme training techniques. It doesn’t matter if beyond failure training techniques are used in the lower rep-ranges or the higher rep-ranges because the burn and stress still carries over to the vulnerable joints and tendons-hence greatly increasing your odds of developing tendonitis and tearing a tendon.

Power-lifters and those who compete in the world’s strongest man competitions are some of the largest men to ever walk on the face of this planet. They obtain their massiveness by utilizing nothing other than straight sets. Every training method other than straight sets has fallen short of what I consider optimal for providing fast, safe, and efficient results. Using beyond failure training methods like rest-pause, forced reps and drop sets will force you to train with less volume and weight. Therefore, you won’t be able to keep the training volume and weight loads high enough for a long enough period to experience maximum muscular growth.
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:15 PM.
    Author of the "Slingshot Training System"

Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Page 2

After each subsequent set that follows the first work set, the type-1 fibers tire out earlier in the set and the type 2 fibers that are most responsible for giving you muscle size-strength take over the load for longer periods of time. By the time you have done only 2-3 intense sets, the endurance fibers are shutting down much earlier in the set and it's mostly the type-2 fibers lifting the weight. This is why volume training works well for pro-bodybuilders. The type-2 fibers must be made to adapt to lift more weight for longer periods of time in order to grow larger. In order to accomplish this feat, you must handle heavier weights over time. By training each bodypart only once a week you will produce the most size gains with the least amount of effort.

The advantages of the STS (Slingshot Training System) over other routines is that it’s fun and exciting, there’s a training split that will fit everyone’s daily schedule, it’s easy to follow and it will allow you to reach your utmost full-genetic potential in muscle size at a faster pace without becoming injured or over-trained. It's precisely what everyone is looking for in this day and age of complexity and over-analysis!

Biography

My name is Ronnie Rowland. I am 41 years old and have been a personal trainer for over 25 years. My passions for helping others gain as much size and strength as humanly possible has turned into a life time obsession. Years ago, I dreamed of designing the most logically consistent off-season training system in the world. I'm glad to have the opportunity to share with you what I believe are the finest bodybuilding principles. For those of you who have a basic understanding of training and diet, the STS will make sense.

My body type falls into the category of your classic skinny-fat-man with poor vascularity. Before you laugh too hard at my non-training picture, I want you to realize my genetics represent the largest population of today’s bodybuilders; the hard gainer! Due to having surgeries, I was unable to train. I lost all the muscles I had worked for in only 2 years time. This occurred when I was in my early 30’s. Below are some before and after pictures showing you what Slingshot Training has done for me. The after pictures were taken last week at age 41. The picture of me holding up the fish was taken when I was unable to train.

The STS is just as effective for someone with good genetics. I’ll let you read a quote from a professional bodybuilder named Tricky Jackson. Lonnie Tepor of Ironman Magazine referred to him as the greatest light weight bodybuilder of all time. A quote from Tricky Jackson himself: “Many have asked what my "secret" is for putting on lean muscle mass during the off-season. To make a long story short, it wasn't until the year 2004 that I met long time professional trainer Ronnie Rowland out of Aiken South Carolina. He introduced me to an unconventional approach to bodybuilding called the STS (Slingshot Training System). I thought I had heard it all, but he opened up my eyes to what bodybuilding could be and showed me how to cycle my workouts in conjunction with my diet-supplements in order to mimic the way chemically enhanced bodybuilders make their best gains. In 2004, I was an advanced competitive bodybuilder weighing in at 198 lbs during the off- season and my gains, had all, but stopped. I gained only one pound of muscle that whole year stepping on the stage at 170 lbs. As you can imagine I was getting a bit frustrated. Rowland convinced me to give his off-season training system a try during the 2005 off-season. To my surprise, I increased my body weight considerable and was able to maintain 8 pounds of pure muscle after I dieted down for my show. This allowed me to step on stage at a ripped 178 lbs. It wasn't until getting my pro-card, that I fully realized just how far this training system had taken me. In 2006, I was about 221 lbs off season and a whopping 190 lbs on stage. That’s 12 more pounds of pure muscle in only a year’s time!!! It gets even better. I almost won my first pro show this past weekend by placing 2nd to Silvio Samuals in the Europe 210 lbs and under Division and came in 9th in the open. My experience with the STS is beyond measure-"literally"!

12 Slingshot training principles:

1) Use only safe and effective straight sets to spare the Central Nervous System, joints and tendons.

2) You need some repetitive motion because adaptation is what produces muscle growth and strength. Choose only 2 exercises (a key exercise and a secondary exercise) for each bodypart that works the muscle from different angles. It should agree with your biomechanics so you can make strength gains and increase volume during specific training phases without experiencing pain in the joints/tendons. The exercises listed in the routines below are mere sample exercises. You must insert the exercises that work best for you so the muscles will get fuller and fuller from set to set. Do not use the exercises I have listed if they are not right for you!

3) Perform multiple sets in the 8-10 rep-ranges to build the most muscle size possible. Perform 1 heavy set in the 4-6 rep-ranges with compound exercises to make continued strength and size gains. Utilize 1 set in the 12-15 rep-ranges to build endurance, sarcoplasmic growth and aid in healing. This is how you obtain total bodypart mass and full-blown muscle-belly development.

4) Train to the point of not being able to get another good repetition during every work set except the prep-set. I define this as good failure. If you neglect to use great intensity, you will not break down the type-2 muscle fibers. Simply said, stop 1 rep shy of 100% momentary muscle failure.

5) Do your heaviest low rep work sets at the beginning instead of waiting around towards the end when you are too fatigued to push maximum weight loads. Perform a “prep-set” by stopping 1 rep shy of good failure before proceeding to the heavy-low rep set when using key movements. The medium rep-range prep-set is still considered a work set and is designed to awaken and optimize the firing of the neural pathways so more weight can be used with key exercises on the following set.

6) You must train hard and heavy when using isolation exercises and secondary exercises. These movements work different secondary and supportive muscles allowing you to get stronger on key movements.

7) A key movement is the exercise that provides you with the ability to build the most mass and strength. For the torso and legs, the key exercise should be a compound exercise. A key movement for the arms can be an isolation exercise. Secondary exercises for the legs and torso can be either a compound exercise or an isolation exercise.

8) Use a controlled negative taking about 2 seconds to lower the weight. The positive stroke of each repetition should be somewhat explosive yet controlled to the point it's working the muscles to the fullest extent. Make sure and do a slight pause before doing each rep in order to make the muscles do all the work and to prevent injury. Concentrate on feeling the muscles squeeze and contract as you lift.

9) Perform up to 3 non-fatiguing warm up sets starting at 12 reps and working your way down to 6 before working cold muscle groups with intense work sets.

10) Take about a 2 minute rest between work sets involving isolation movements and about 3 minutes when using compound movements.

11) You’ll need to do moderate intensity aerobics as opposed to HIIT or HIT during the entire off-season if possible or you’ll struggle with being able to fully restore the sympathetic nervous system used during intense weight lifting.

12. Do not perform cardio during the 4 week anabolic blast if possible because it will actually decrease insulin sensitivity.
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-18-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Page 3

12 Slingshot nutrition principles:

1) You must increase overall-caloric intake to put on muscular weight. This needs to be done during a time the body is very sensitive to insulin and other anabolic hormones so more of those calories will be stored as muscle instead of ugly bodyfat. Slingshot training is designed to increase food intake during the 6 week mass phase. The 6 week mass phase is made up of a 4 week “anabolic blast” and a 2 week “anabolic cruise”.

2) You’ll need to consume 1.25-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight on a daily basis. After meeting your protein deductible, consume 1.5-2 grams of carbs for every 1 gram of dietary fat. Going over board with carbs produces too much insulin (a fat storage hormone) which causes you to gain body fat and accelerates the development of chronic diseases. By replacing some carbs with healthy fats (non insulin producing) you can put on muscular weight without as much bodyfat.

3) Those of you with fast metabolisms will need more carb and fat calories to accompany your protein deductible because a fast metabolism burns off carbs and fats at a faster pace than someone with a slower metabolism.

4) Turn catabolic periods (morning and post workout) into anabolic periods by spiking insulin, cholesterol, amino acids/protein and over-all calories during a 6 week mass phase.

5) Those of you who tend to gain bodyfat easily will need to eat fewer calories derived from fats and carbs later in the day.

6) Bodybuilders who gain fat easily will need less over-all hyperinsulinemia (an insulin response to the extreme caused by combining saturated fats from protein sources like red meat and hi glycemic index carbs like baked potatoes).

7) The majority of your calories should come from lean protein sources, lower glycemic carbs and healthy fats like omega 3’s- 6’s and olive oil. Total calories determined how much weight you will lose or gain, but its macronutrient ratios and the quality of calories that will largely impact how much muscle you lose or gain while making those adjustments.

8) You’ll need to reduce your protein intake dramatically the first 3 days upon entering the blasting phase so when normal amounts of protein are added back into the diet ,your muscles will latch on to that extra protein and build new muscle tissue. Replace protein calories with clean carbs and keep fat intake about the same. Return to eating normal amounts of protein 3 days later so your muscles will latch on to that extra protein and start building new muscle tissue.

9) When you gain bodyfat, the body becomes insulin resistant. So, you must increase your sensitivity to insulin and other anabolic hormones during the anabolic prime. If you are already lean then it’s not necessary to lose any body weight during this 2 week prime. All that would be required to increase insulin/hormonal sensitivity for lean people is simply dropping all fast-acting anabolic supplements and decreasing the amount of saturated fats and hi-glycemic carbs consumed. If you need to drop weight during the prime but cannot do cardio or the extra cardio is not enough, simply decrease carb calories. Those of you who struggle with gaining bodyfat easy or who have gained too much adipose tissue during the 6 week mass phase will need to try and lose about 1-2 pounds of body fat per week during the 2 week anabolic prime. Do not go overboard by losing too much weight. You should never go hungry during the prime. This is not pre-contest it’s simply a prime. All body types will be required to eat less saturated fat and hi GI carbs during the prime. The leaner you become the more saturated fats and hi GI carbs you'll be able to consume during an anabolic prime and still increase hormonal sensitivity. This means being able to come back and gain additional muscle tissue during the following 6 week mass phase without as much body fat!

10) Eat 5 to 6 meals per day.

11) Drink some caffeine before you train with weights but do not over do it. Caffeine awakens the nervous system and decrease pain during intense training.

12) Set aside a designated cheat day once a week (my preference is Sunday) where you go wild on the carbs. Carbs should replace fat calories. Splurge according to your metabolism. Start carbing up once a week during the 2nd week of the 6 week mass phase and continue throughout. No need in counting calories with a cheat day. You can have Pizza, Mexican food, etc. Make sure and consume adequate protein. Drink a protein shake with these meals if needed. Low fat products like cereal, oats, baked chips, fat free pancakes and syrup, wheat thins, fruit, fat free ice cream, etc work great. The extra sugar is going to boost your metabolism, make you sharper in regards to your diet the rest of the week and give you something to look forward to-“big-time”. You have to be disciplined but you need a day to look forward to each week where you can ease the cravings. By night-time your muscles will be absolutely full and vascular from all the extra sugar.

The Slingshot Training System

The Slingshot Training System is the authoritative guide to reaching your utmost genetic potential as a bodybuilder. Both natural and drug enhanced bodybuilders should train in cycles that mimic the action/reaction factors of 8 week anabolic steroid cycles. The same dosage of synthetic testosterone enanthate starts losing it's effectiveness after having been active in the body for only 6 weeks. The same rule applies to anabolic agent like creatine that can be purchased over-the-counter by natural bodybuilders. The secret lies in doing 3-Anabolic Phases (PRIME/BLAST/CRUISE)!

2 week Anabolic Prime:

The 2-week “anabolic prime” is about intentionally creating a controlled catabolic state over a two-week time span in order to down-regulate anabolic hormones and receptor sites for androgens. The decrease in volume de-condition the muscles, heal the tendons/joints and increase insulin sensitivity/hormonal sensitivity through losing body fat so that when the muscles are exposed by the following higher volume 4-week “blasting phase” they will experience a very rapid training effect. This is accomplished using low volume to cause de-training without experiencing any muscle loss. Lifting heavier weight loads over time during the anabolic prime will help maintain muscle mass gained during each 6-week mass phase. The 4 week blasting phase and the 2 week cruising phase makes up a 6 week mass phase!

Note: You get the most returns for your efforts with the first 2-3 sets for any given body part. This must be taken into consideration during an anabolic prime when utilizing the least amount of work needed for muscle maintenance and de-training.

4 week Anabolic Blast:

After a two-week anabolic prime, muscle mass and strength gains are maximized by proceeding into a four-week anabolic blasting phase where androgen receptor sites are up-regulated and every anabolic hormone in the body is at its peak. During this 4-week phase you will go for a full pump and fully traumatize the muscle tissue to create an increase in muscle size-strength. This is accomplished using high volume to fully stimulate the type-2 muscle fibers. Lifting heavier weight loads with volume will increase muscle size over-time.

Note: A muscle no longer fires with optimal force once you go past doing 10 sets. Regardless of how many different exercises you use for a particular body part, the ability to generate great intensity is over with after 10 work sets. This must be taken into consideration when trying to fully break down the type-2 muscle fibers to maximize muscle size during a high volume blasting phase.

2 week Anabolic Cruise:

Adaptation begins to set in after a four-week blasting phase and a 2-week anabolic cruising phase is taken to allow the muscle-strength gains to become fully manifested.

This is accomplished by using medium volume to create a de-loading effect. Lifting heavier weight loads over-time will increase muscle size.

Note: Regardless of how many different exercises you perform for a given bodypart the ability to generate intensity is reduced considerably by the time you finish set # 5. Considerably less and less muscle tissue will be broken down with each consecutive set there after. After that point, the curve starts to taper off but 6 sets still provides gains. After 6 sets the curve continues to slope down and you will obtain even less results for your efforts. This must be taken into consideration when trying to gain strength during a medium volume cruising phase.
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:24 PM.

Page 4

STS Training Splits:

1) 5 days per week

2) 4 days per week

3) 3 days per week

When utilizing the 4 and 5 day per week split, you’ll be training each muscle only once a week. Once you start training more than 3 days per week involving back to back training days, you’ll need to split up body parts and train them only once a week to prevent over-training of the Central Nervous System and the over-lapping of body parts. You must hammer away at each bodypart with great intensity so the type-2 fibers will hypertrophy. The 4 and 5 day splits are designed so that you don't need to use those same muscle groups later in the week. Otherwise it would interfere with working another muscle group. These more advanced training splits allow each muscle group to be trained with both volume and intensity before Central Nervous System fatigue sets in.

The 3 day per week split based routine was designed for beginners and those who only have the time or energy to train 3 days per week. It allows each muscle to be trained with more frequency. Beginners have to make the neural strength gains to be able to use the muscles more efficiently. They can't train their muscles as hard as someone more advanced, so training a muscle only once a week is not optimal. Training a muscle group once a week works best for intermediate and advanced bodybuilder’s.

“5 Day per week Slingshot Training System”

8 week training cycle in sequence for the 5 day per week training split.
    Muscle Definition and de-conditioning (the "anabolic prime") 2 weeks
    Mass and Strength (the "anabolic blast") 4 weeks
    Strength and Mass (the "anabolic cruise") 2 weeks

There are 3 phases to each cycle:

1. Prime: 2 weeks 1 set per body part, low volume (2 sets)
    2. Blast: 4 week 4 sets per body part, high volume (10 sets)
    3. Cruise: 2 weeks 2 sets per body part, moderate volume (6 sets)

CARDIO FOR ANABOLIC PRIME:

Up to 5 days of moderate intensity cardio can be utilized any day of the week to increase insulin/hormonal sensitivity and lose bodyfat. Cardio can be done after leg and back day since its low volume. Do not exceed a maximum time limit of 45 minutes per session.

CARDIO FOR ANABOLIC BLAST

Avoid all cardio unless you are involved in some sport were cardio is required. Performing cardio during a high volume phase can decrease insulin sensitivity.

CARDIO FOR ANABOLIC CRUISE

Up to 3 days of moderate intensity cardio can be utilized to increase insulin sensitivity since you’ll be doing less weight training. Cardio should be avoided on the days you train legs and back. Do not exceed a maximum time limit of 30 minutes per session.

SUPPLEMENTS: Fast acting over-the counter anabolics such Creatine and Leucine can be used during the 6 week mass phase. Fast acting drugs such as Test Propionate, Trenbolone Acetate, Winstrol, D-bol, Anavar, etc can be used during the 6 week mass phase. Both fast acting over-the counter anabolics and fast acting drugs should be discontinued during the 2 week anabolic prime. Slow acting drugs like Test Enanthate can be ran as a base during the prime. You can use stimulants such as green tea extract for an increased thermogenic effect during the 2 week anabolic prime.

EXERCISES -Choose a key exercise and a secondary exercise for each major muscle group. Perform both of those exercises in the same training session once a week. If your best chest movement is 15 degree declines, simply start out with that exercise and do the lowest rep-set during the second work set. Next, finish off your chest with a secondary exercise such as 15 degree incline flyes or presses. Since it’s considered a secondary movement, do the lowest rep-set during the final work set. You’re hitting each bodypart once a week. The volume changes during each of the 3 training phases but the split remains the same through the entire 8 week training phase. Perform as many warm-up sets as you need before going into your work sets. That can be anywhere from no warm up sets for a muscle group that is getting warmed up indirectly or up to 3 warm-up sets for a cold muscle group or areas that are prone to injury. Perform the 3 non-fatiguing warm up sets starting at 12 reps and working your way down to 6 before doing intense work sets.

REPS- Other than prep-sets all work sets are performed to good failure (the point at which no further reps are possible in good form). Low rep sets should fall between 4-6 reps for all key compound exercises and 6-8 reps for all key isolation exercises. Low rep heavy sets should fall between 6-8 reps for all secondary exercise whether compound or isolation. Medium rep sets should fall between 8-10 reps for both key and secondary exercises. High rep sets should fall between 12-15 reps for both key and secondary exercises.

SETS- Perform your work sets as follows

During each phase organize your workouts as follows:

A.
    Chest
    Calves

B.
    Lats

Abs

C.
    Deltoids

Traps

D.

Arms

E.

Legs

F:

Off

G:

Off

H. Repeat training cycle.
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Page 5

2 WEEK “ANABOLIC PRIME”

Day 1 would be Monday and would consist of:

Chest-

1st exercise is a key exercise-15 degree barbell decline press

1st set- 12-15 reps

2nd exercise is a secondary exercise-15 degree Incline dumbbell flyes using inward pinky twist while bringing hands to lower chest during contraction.

1st set- 12-15 reps

Calves-

1st exercise is a key exercise-Standing calf raise

1st set- 12-15 reps

2nd exercise is a secondary exercise-Seated calf raise

1st set- 12-15 reps

Day 2 would be Tuesday and would consist of:

Overall back thickness:

1st key exercise- dead-lifts

1st set- 12-15 reps

Lat Width:

1st exercise is a key exercise-medium grip pull-up

1st set-12-15 reps

Lat Width:

2nd exercise is a secondary exercise-bent arm pull-over

1st set- 12-15 reps

Lat Thickness:

1st exercise is a key exercise-Bent over barbell rows

1st set- 12-15 reps

Lat Thickness:

2nd exercise is a secondary exercise-supported t-bar row.

1st set- 12-15 reps

Abs (optional)

1st exercise is a 1 key exercise-crunch

1 sets using only your bodyweight

2nd exercise is a secondary exercise-reverse crunch

1 set using only your bodyweight

Day 3 would be Wednesday and would consist of:

Shoulders:

1st exercise is a key exercise-seated dumbbell presses

1st set- 12-15 reps

2nd exercise is a secondary exercise-leaning one arm at a time dumbbell lateral raises.

1st set- 12-15 reps

3rd exercise is a secondary exercise- Unilateral bent over rear cable raises.

1set set- 12-15 reps

Traps:

1st exercise is a key exercise-seated dumbbell shrugs

1st set-12-15 reps

Day 4 would be Thursday and would consist of:

Biceps:

1st exercise is a key exercise- seated Incline dumbbell curls on a 45 degree angle

1st set-12-15 reps

2nd exercise is uni-lateral inverted preacher curls.

1st set- 12-15 reps

Brachialis/Forearms:

1st exercise is a key exercise- Seated dumbbell hammer curls.

1st set- 12-15 reps

Triceps:

1st exercise is a key exercise- Lying tricep extensions using ez-bar

1st set-12-15 reps

2nd exercise is secondary exercise-Tricep pushdowns.

1st set- 12-15 reps

Day 5 would be Friday and would consist of:

Quads:

1st exercise is a key exercise- Barbell squats

1st set-12-15 reps

2nd exercise is secondary exercise-Leg extensions

1st set- 12-15 reps

Hams:

1st exercise is a key exercise- Lying leg curl

1st set-12-15 reps

2nd exercise is secondary exercise-Still legged dead-lifts

1st set- 12-15 reps

(Weekends off)

Day 8 would be the following Monday (week 2) and would be the same workout as done on day one (Monday of first week)

And the cycle continues on- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, weekends off, etc.
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Page 6

4 WEEK “ANABOLIC BLAST”

Chest:

1st set- 8-10 rep (1 rep short of good failure)

2nd set 4-6 reps) (heavy set)
    3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

2nd exercise is a secondary exercise-15 degree Incline dumbbell flyes using inward pinky twist while bringing hands to lower chest during contraction.

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 6-8 reps

Calves:

1st set- 8-10 reps (1 rep short of good failure)

2nd set 6-8 reps (heavy set)

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 6-8 reps

Overall back thickness:

2nd set 4-6 reps (heavy set)

3rd set 8-10 reps

Lat Width:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

Lat Width:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 6-8 reps

Lat Thickness:

3rd set 8-10 reps

Lat Thickness:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Abs (optional)

3 sets using only your bodyweight

Shoulders:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

2nd exercise is a secondary exercise-leaning one arm at a time dumbbell lateral raises.

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 6-8 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

2nd set 8-10 reps

3rd set 6-8 reps

Traps:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

Biceps:

1st exercise is a key exercise- seated Incline dumbbell curls on a 45 degree angle

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 6-8 reps

Brachialis/Forearms:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Triceps:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

2nd exercise is secondary exercise-Tricep pulley pushdowns.

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 6-8 reps

Quads:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 6-8 reps

Hams:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

(Weekends off)

Day 8 would be the following Monday (week 2) and would be the same workout as done on day one (Monday of first week)

And the cycle continues on- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, weekends off, etc.
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Page 7

2 WEEK “ANABOLIC CRUISE”

Chest:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Calves:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Overall back thickness:

Lat Width:

3rd set 8-10 reps

Lat Width:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Lat Thickness:

Lat Thickness:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Abs (optional)

1st exercise is a 1 key exercise- crunch

2 sets using only your bodyweight

Shoulders:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

2nd set 8-10 reps

Traps:

3rd set 8-10 reps

Biceps:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Brachialis/Forearms:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Triceps:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Quads:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps (heavy set)

Hams:

2nd set 4-6 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

(Weekends off)

Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Page 8

“4 Day per week Slingshot Training System”

8 week training cycle in sequence for the 4 day per week training split.
    Muscle Definition and de-conditioning (the "anabolic prime") 2 weeks
    Mass and Strength (the "anabolic blast") 4 weeks
    Strength and Mass (the "anabolic cruise") 2 weeks

There are 3 phases to each cycle:

1. Prime: 2 weeks 1 set per body part, low volume (2 sets)
    2. Blast: 4 week 4 sets per body part, high volume (8 sets)
    3. Cruise: 2 weeks 2 sets per body part, moderate volume (5 sets)

Up to 4 days of moderate intensity cardio can be utilized any day of the week to increase insulin/hormonal sensitivity and lose bodyfat. Cardio can be done after leg and back day since its low volume. Do not exceed a maximum time limit of 45 minutes per session.

Avoid all cardio unless you are involved in some sport were cardio is required. Performing cardio during a high volume phase can decrease insulin sensitivity.

Up to 2 days of moderate intensity cardio can be utilized to increase insulin sensitivity since you’ll be doing less weight training. Cardio should be avoided on the days you train legs and back. Do not exceed a maximum time limit of 30 minutes per session.

SUPPLEMENTS: Fast acting over-the counter anabolics such Creatine and Leucine can be used during the 6 week mass phase. Fast acting drugs such as Test Propionate, Trenbolone Acetate, Winstrol, D-bol, Anavar, etc can be used during the 6 week mass phase. Both fast acting over-the counter anabolics and fast acting drugs should be discontinued during the 2 week anabolic prime. Slow acting drugs like Test Enanthate can be ran as a base during the prime. You can use stimulants such as green tea extract for an increased thermogenic effect during the 2 week anabolic prime.

EXERCISES -Choose 2 key exercises for each major muscle group. Then use both of those exercises in the same training session once a week. If your best chest movement is 15 degree declines, simply start out with that exercise and do the lowest rep-set during the second work set. Next, finish off your chest with a secondary exercise (for i.e.; 15 degree incline flyes or presses). Since it’s considered a secondary movement, do the lowest rep-set during the final work set. You’re hitting each bodypart once a week. The volume changes during each of the 3 training phases but the split remains the same through the entire 8 week training phase. Perform as many warm-up sets as you need before going into your work sets. That can be anywhere from no warm up sets for a muscle group that is getting warmed up indirectly or up to 3 warm-up sets for a cold muscle group or areas that are prone to injury.

REPS- Other than prep-sets all work sets are performed to good failure (the point at which no further reps are possible in good form). Low reps equal 4-6 reps for all compound movement and 6-8 for all isolation movements. Medium rep sets equal 8-10 reps for both compound and isolation movements. High rep sets equal 12-15 reps for both compound and isolation exercises.

SETS- Perform your work sets as follows

A.
    Back

Traps

B.

Chest

Biceps

C.

Off

D.
    Shoulders

Triceps

E.

Legs

F:

Off

G:

Off

H. Repeat training cycle.

2 WEEK “ANABOLIC PRIME”

Back:

Overall back thickness:

1st set- 12-15 reps

Lat Width:

1st set- 12-15 reps

Lat Width:

1st set- 12-15 reps

Lat Thickness:

1st set- 12-15 reps

Lat Thickness:

1st set- 12-15 reps

Traps:

1st set- 12-15

Abs (optional)

Chest:

1st set- 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

Biceps:

1st set- 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

Brachialis/Forearms:

1st set- 12-15 reps

Day 3 would be Wednesday and you would not train on this day.

Shoulders:

1st set- 12-15

1st set- 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

Triceps:

1st set- 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

Day 5 would be Friday and would consist of”

Calves:

1st set- 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

Quads:

1st set- 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

Hams:

1st set- 12-15- reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

(Weekends off)

And the cycle continues on- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, weekends off, etc.
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Page 9

4 WEEK “ANABOLIC BLAST”

Overall back thickness:

3rd set 8-10 reps

Lat Width:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

Lat Width:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Lat Thickness:

3rd set 8-10 reps

Lat Thickness:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Traps:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 12-15 reps

Abs (optional)

Chest:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps
    5th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Biceps:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

3rd set 6-8 reps

Brachialis/Forearms:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Shoulders:

2nd set 4-6 reps

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps

5th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps (heavy set)

1st set- 12-15 reps

2nd set 8-10 reps

3rd set 6-8 reps

Triceps:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps

5th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Calves:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps

5th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Quads:

3rd set 8-10 reps

4th set 8-10 reps

5th set 12-15 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps

Hams:

2nd set 4-6 reps

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

3rd set 6-8 reps

(Weekends off)

2 WEEK “ANABOLIC CRUISE”

Overall back thickness:

Lat Width:

3rd set 8-10 reps

Lat Width:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Lat Thickness:

Lat Thickness:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Traps:

Abs (optional)

Chest:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Biceps:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Brachialis/Forearms:

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Shoulders:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps

2nd set 8-10 reps

Triceps:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Calves:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Quads:

3rd set 8-10 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

Hams:

2nd set 4-6 reps

1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

(Weekends off)

Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Page 10

“3 Day per week Slingshot Training System”

8 week training cycle in sequence for the 3 day per week training split.
    Note: Each cycle consist of training each body twice (once with a key exercise and once with a secondary exercise)”

Muscle Definition and de-conditioning (the "anabolic prime") 2 cycles

Mass and Strength (the "anabolic blast") 4 cycles
    Strength and Mass (the "anabolic cruise") 2 cycles

There are 3 phases to each 8 week training cycle:

REPS- Other than prep-sets all reps are performed to good failure i.e.
    the point at which no further reps are possible in good form. Low reps equal 4-6 reps for all compound movement used as a key exercise and 6-8 for all secondary movements whether they are isolation or compound. Medium rep sets equal 8-10 reps for both compound and isolation movements. High rep sets equal 12-15 reps for both compound and isolation exercises.

SETS- Do up to 3 warm up sets using a 12-6-6 rep scheme and then perform your work sets.

1. Up to 4 days of moderate intensity cardio can be utilized any day of the week to increase insulin/hormonal sensitivity and lose bodyfat. Cardio can be done after leg and back day since its low volume. Do not exceed a maximum time limit of 45 minutes per session.

1. Avoid all cardio unless you are involved in some sport were cardio is required. Performing cardio during a high volume phase can decrease insulin sensitivity.

1. Up to 2 days of moderate intensity cardio can be utilized to increase insulin sensitivity since you’ll be doing less weight training. Cardio should be avoided on the days you train legs and back. Do not exceed a maximum time limit of 30 minutes per session.

SUPPLEMENTS: Fast acting over-the counter anabolics such Creatine and Leucine can be used during the 6 week mass phase. Fast acting drugs such as Test Propionate, Trenbolone Acetate, Winstrol, D-bol, Anavar, etc can be used during the 6 week mass phase. Both fast acting over-the counter anabolics and fast acting drugs should be discontinued during the 2 week anabolic prime. Slow acting drugs like Test Enanthate can be ran as a base during the prime. 14. You can use stimulants such as green tea extract for an increased thermogenic effect during the 2 week anabolic prime.

Note: Work sets are as follows (with the exception of abs/brachialis/traps, rear delts and hams which only require 1 work set for high reps per training session during each training phase and the same exercises should be used each training session.) Dead-lifts are always treated as a key exercise.

1. Prime: 2 cycles 1 set per body part, low volume (1 set)
    2. Blast: 4 cycles 4 sets per body part, high volume (4 sets)
    3. Cruise: 2 cycles 2 sets per body part, moderate volume (2 sets)

A.
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Biceps
    Brachialis

B.
    Calves
    Lat thickness
    Traps
    Quads
    Hams
    Abs

Alternate workouts as follows:

Monday: A
    Wednesday: B
    Friday: A
    Monday: B

Choose 1 key exercise (primary exercise) and 1 secondary exercise for each muscle group. Then take those exercises and rotate them using only 1 per workout so that the above rotation looks like this:

Monday: A Key
    Wednesday: B Key
    Friday: A Secondary
    Monday: B Secondary
    Wednesday: A Key

Friday: B Key

Continue cycle as shown

1. PRIME
    Key exercises

1 set 12-15 reps

Secondary exercises

1 set 12-15 reps

2. BLAST
    Key exercises
    3rd set 6-8 reps
    4th set 12-15 reps

Secondary exercises
    1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps
    4th set 6-8 reps

3. CRUISE- effectively 1st and 2nd sets of BLAST
    Key exercises
    1st set 8-10 reps (1 rep short of good failure)

Secondary exercises
    1st set 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Page 11

Extended version of 3 day split with sample exercise:

Training split for 2 week anabolic prime

Day 1: Monday-Key exercises

1) Chest: The 15 degree barbell decline press. Work set # 1 is a high rep set too good failure. (1 set)

2) Shoulders: Over-head dumbbell presses. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

3) Triceps: Lying tricep extensions. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

4) Lat width: Medium grip pull-ups. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

5) Biceps: Seated incline dumbbell curls on a 45 degree incline. Work set #1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

6) Brachialis/Outer forearms: Hammer curls. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

Day 2: Wednesday-Key exercises

1) Calves: The standing calf raise machine. Work set #1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

2) Lat thickness: Barbell Rows. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

3) Rear deltoids: Unilateral bent over rear cable raises. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure.

4) Traps: Dumbbell shrugs. Work set # 1 is a high rep set too good failure. (1 set)

5) Quads: Squats. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

6) Hams: Leg curls. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

7) Abdominals (optional): Crunches. Work set # 1 is a very high rep set using bodyweight only. (1 set)

Day 3: Friday-Secondary exercises

1) Chest: The 15 degree Incline bench press. Work set # 1 is a high rep set too good failure. (1 set)

2) Shoulders: Leaning uni-lateral medial deltoid laterals on a about a 45 degree incline bench. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

3) Triceps: Uni-lateral machine press downs. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

4) Lat width: Close grip pull-downs. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure.

5) Biceps: Unilateral inverted preacher curls. Work set # 1 is a high rep set too good failure. (1 set)

6) Brachialis/Outer forearms: Hammer curls. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

(Week 2-last week of anabolic prime)

Day 4: Monday-Secondary exercises

1) Calves: The seated calf raise machine. Work set #1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

2) Over-all back thickness/legs: Dead-lifts. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good

failure.

3) Rear deltoids: Unilateral bent over rear cable raises. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure.

4) Traps: Dumbbell shrugs. Work set # 1 is a high rep set too good failure. (1 set)

5) Quads: Leg press. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

6) HAMS: Leg curls. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

7) Abdominals (optional): Standard crunches. Work set # 1 is a very high rep set using bodyweight only. (1 set)

Day 5: Wednesday-Key exercises

1) Chest: The 15 degree barbell decline press. Work set # 1 is a high rep set too good failure. (1 set)

2) Shoulders: Over-head dumbbell presses. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

3) Triceps: Lying tricep extensions. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

4) Lat width: Medium grip pull-ups. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

5) Biceps: Seated incline dumbbell curls on a 45 degree incline. Work set #1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

Day 6: Friday-Key exercises.

(Week 2-last week of anabolic prime)

Calves: The standing calf raise machine. Work set #1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

2) Lat thickness: Barbell Rows. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

5) Quads: Squats. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

7) Abdominals (optional): Standard crunches. Work set # 1 is a very high rep set using bodyweight only. (1 set)

Training split for 4 week Anabolic Blast

(Week 3)

Day 7: Monday-Secondary exercises

1) Chest: The 15 degree Incline bench press (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a low rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

2) Shoulders: Leaning uni-lateral medial deltoid laterals on a about a 45 degree incline bench (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a low rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

3) Triceps: Uni-lateral machine press downs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a low rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

4) Lat width: Close grip pull-downs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a low rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

5) Biceps: Unilateral inverted preacher curls (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a low rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

6) Brachialis/Outer forearms: Hammer curls (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

Day 8: Wednesday-secondary exercise

1) Calves: The seated calf raise machine (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a low rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

2) Over-all back thickness/legs: Dead-lifts (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure.

4) Traps: Dumbbell shrugs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

5) Quads: Leg press (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a low rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

7) Abdominals (optional): Standard crunches (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a very high rep set using bodyweight only. (1 set)

Day 9-Key exercises

1) Chest: The 15 degree barbell decline press (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

2) Shoulders: Over-head dumbbell presses (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

3) Triceps: Lying tricep extensions (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

4) Lat width: Medium grip pull-ups. Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

5) Biceps: Seated incline dumbbell curls on a 45 degree incline (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

6) Brachialis/Outer forearms: Hammer curls (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Page 12

Day 10-Key exercises

1) Calves: The standing calf raise machine. Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

2) Lat thickness: Barbell Rows. Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

5) Quads: Squats. Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. Work set # 3 is a medium rep set to good failure. Work set # 4 is a high rep set to good failure. (4 sets)

6) Hams: Leg curls (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

7) Abdominals (optional): Standard crunches Work set # 1 is a very high rep set using bodyweight only. (1 set)

Day 11: Wednesday-Secondary Exercises
    Day 12: Friday- Secondary Exercises

Day 13: Monday-Key exercise
    Day 14: Wednesday-Key exercises
    Day 15: Friday-Secondary exercises
    Day 16: Monday- Secondary exercises
    Day 17: Wednesday- Key exercises
    Day 18: Friday- Key exercises

Training split for 2 week Anabolic Cruise

(Week 7)

Day 19-Secondary exercises

1) Chest: The 15 degree Incline bench press (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

2) Shoulders: Leaning uni-lateral medial deltoid laterals on a about a 45 degree incline bench (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

3) Triceps: Uni-lateral machine press downs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

4) Lat width: Close grip pull-downs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

5) Biceps: Unilateral inverted preacher curls (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

6) Brachialis/Outer forearms: Hammer curls (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

Day 20-Secondary exercise

1) Calves: The seated calf raise machine (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

2) Over-all back thickness/legs: Dead-lifts (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

4) Traps: Barbell shrugs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

5) Quads: Leg press (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

Hams: Leg curls. Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

6) Abdominals (optional): Standard crunches (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a very high rep set using bodyweight only. (1 set)

Day 21-Key exercises

Chest: The 15 degree barbell decline press (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

2) Shoulders: Over-head dumbbell presses (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

3) Triceps: Lying tricep extensions (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

4) Lat width: Medium grip pull-ups. Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

5) Biceps: Seated incline dumbbell curls on a 45 degree incline (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

6) Brachialis/Outer forearms: Hammer curls (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep set to good failure. (1 set)

Day 22-Key exercises

1) Calves: The standing calf raise machine (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

2) Lat thickness: Barbell Rows (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

4) Traps: Dumbbell shrugs (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set too good failure. (1 set)

5) Quads: Squats (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

6) Hams: Leg curls (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

7) Abdominals (optional): Crunches (Key exercise). Work set # 1 is a very high rep set using bodyweight only. (1 set)

Day 23- Secondary exercises

1) Chest: The 15 degree Incline bench press (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

2) Shoulders: Leaning uni-lateral medial deltoid laterals on a about a 45 degree incline bench (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

3) Triceps: Uni-lateral machine press downs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

4) Lat width: Close grip pull-downs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

5) Biceps: Unilateral inverted preacher curls (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

6) Brachialis/Outer forearms: Hammer barbell curls (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

Day 24-Secondary exercises

1) Calves: The seated calf raise machine (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

2) Over-all back thickness/legs: Dead-lifts (key exercise). Work set # 1 is a medium rep “prep set” (stopping 1 rep shy of good failure). Work set # 2 is a low rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

4) Traps: Dumbbell shrugs (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a high rep set to good failure. (1 set)

5) Quads: Leg press (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 would be a high rep set to good failure. Work set # 2 would be a medium rep set to good failure. (2 sets)

6) Abdominals (optional): Standard crunches (secondary exercise). Work set # 1 is a very high rep set using bodyweight only. (1 set)
    Last edited by RipStone; 11-16-2007 at 02:38 PM.

driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like the idea of doing an anabolic prime but is it possible to increase hormonal sensitity without actually losing weight?

Wink

Originally Posted by Noorullah View Post
    To be honest there is too much information here. I highly doudt anyone is willing to spend more than 40 minutes for reading 6-8? pages. I suggest you cut it down and get to the point.
    To be honest, this is precisely why those same people are not getting the results they are after. They keep jumping around from one routine to the next without ever really learning the basics. You can't expect to jump into bodybuilding without knowing the body's Action/Reaction factors. I've taken time out of my busy schedule to try and teach those who are interested.

I see now way of cutting all this inforamtion down to 6-8 pages. I wish that were possible. It would have saved me some time...LOL
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 09-21-2007 at 08:52 AM.

peterm533 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I repeat my question from the previous thread.

You refer to training each body part twice in 8 days on the single-shot STS system but it looks like three times every 14 days or have I misunderstood you?

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    where's colin powell when you need him?

Cliffs anyone?

Anything really innovative, or just same old with different names for stuff?
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

Wink

Originally Posted by peterm533 View Post
    I repeat my question from the previous thread.

You refer to training each body part twice in 8 days on the single-shot STS system but it looks like three times every 14 days or have I misunderstood you?

Peterm533, it's 2 times every 8 days. Alternate back and forth between a key exercise and a secondary exercise every other training session..

Originally Posted by driftonce View Post
    I like the idea of doing an anabolic prime but is it possible to increase hormonal sensitity without actually losing weight?
    Another very good question!

You do not have to actually lose any weight or perform aerobics during an "anabolic prime". All that's required to increase insulin sensitivity/hormonal sensitivity is simply dropping all fast-acting anabolic supplements and decreasing the amount of saturated fats and hi GI carbs you consume.

Bodybuilders who struggle with gaining weight should "not" try and lose any bodyweight during an "anabolic prime". Only the people who have a slower metabolism and gain bodyfat easy or anyone who gains too much adipose tissue druing a mass phase will need to try and lose about 1 pound per week. All body types will be required to eat less saturated fat and hi GI carbs during the prime. Again, the faster your metabolism the more saturated fats and hi GI carbs you'll be able to consume during an "anabolic prime" and still increase hormonal sensitivity-hence come being able to come back and gain additional muscle tissue during the following 6 week mass phase!
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 09-21-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Ronnie,

Let me try again. If on the 3 day workout I train say chest on Monday I do so again on Friday and the following Wednesday. That's three times in 14 days not twice in 8 days. I assume that I am misunderstanding you in some way?

Wink

Ronnie,

Let me try again. If on the 3 day workout I train say chest on Monday I do so again on Friday and the following Wednesday. That's three times in 14 days not twice in 8 days. I assume that I am misunderstanding you in some way?
    It would actually be 3 times in 10 days.

Monday (day 1)-"Chest" Tuesday (day 2) Wednesday (day 3) Thursday (day 4) Friday (day 5)-"Chest" Saturday (day 6) Sunday (day 7) Monday (day 8) Tuesday (day 9) Wednesday (day 10)-"Chest"

Question by J-R-A

Originally Posted by J-R-A
    Thanks for this. I do have one question thoough. I know you have to eat right and stuff to get better results, so I was wondering what should I be eating durring the program? I have so far been eating three hard boiled eggs for breakfast a salad at lunch and watever we have for dinner that day wich changes all the time is that enough for the program or should I change something?

Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland
    1) How much do you weigh?

2) Are you an endomorph, ectomorph or mesomorph?

3) Can you afford hydro whey protein and/or creatine?

1) I weigh 182 pounds

2) I am a mesomorph

3) I actually already have whey protien it's called 100% premium whey protein powder im not sure if that what your talking about but if not yes I can get some
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 09-21-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Thanks for this. I do have one question thoough. I know you have to eat right and stuff to get better results, so I was wondering what should I be eating durring the program? I have so far been eating three hard boiled eggs for breakfast a salad at lunch and watever we have for dinner that day wich changes all the time is that enough for the program or should I change something?

1) I weigh 182 pounds

2) I am a mesomorph

3) I actually already have whey protien it's called 100% premium whey protein powder im not sure if that what your talking about but if not yes I can get some

J-R-A, You need to eat 5-6 meals per day. Since you are a mesomorph you should be able to do an "anabolic prime" with little to no reductions in body weight.

During the mass phase you will need to eat a lot more calories than you are now and at least 2 extra meals per day. Protein, fats and carbs should be included in every meal!!!

Three hard boiled eggs gives you a total of only 18 grams of protein. I eat 10 eggs every morning with 6 of them being whole Omega- 3 eggs. At 182 lbs you should be consuming around 228 grams of protein per day. I do not think you are even close to being in the ball park!

182 lbs multiplied by 1.25 grams of protein per pound of body weight equals out to you needing 228 grams of protein per day. Whey skakes can be added to any meal. I suggest hydro whey for better digestion. During the 6 week mass phases it's best to drink a shake 10-30 minutes before breakfast and immediately after training.

I hope this helps..
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 09-21-2007 at 02:09 PM.

"It would actually be 3 times in 10 days..

Yes and No.

Yes but only by neglecting to count the following days when you don't train.

If you train on say Monday and Wednesday you could say that you trained twice in 3 days BUT if you did that every week by common parlance you would be training twice a week.

On your system the pattern of body part training is as follows:

Week 1: 2 per week
    Week 2: 1
    Week 3: 2
    Week 4: 1

By common understanding this is training each body part three times every 2 weeks. It is NOT 2 times every 8 days.

Please correct the forthcoming book!

Thumbs up

"It would actually be 3 times in 10 days..

Yes and No.

Yes but only by neglecting to count the following days when you don't train.

If you train on say Monday and Wednesday you could say that you trained twice in 3 days BUT if you did that every week by common parlance you would be training twice a week.

On your system the pattern of body part training is as follows:

Week 1: 2 per week
    Week 2: 1
    Week 3: 2
    Week 4: 1

By common understanding this is training each body part three times every 2 weeks. It is NOT 2 times every 8 days.

Please correct the forthcoming book!
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Your way of putting this is superior!

Talking

Originally Posted by ArchDukeOfTops View Post
    where's colin powell when you need him?

Cliffs anyone?

Anything really innovative, or just same old with different names for stuff?
    The book is being edited by a professional. I am a technical writer but an editor I am not....LOL... There are new concepts I can't get into until the book is released.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 09-22-2007 at 06:23 AM.

driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    [QUOTE= Posted by J-R-A

Dude, my skinny 10 year old daughter eats more then that. Eat up if you want to grow.

Ok we understand somethings might have to be kept under hat BUT can you post a recent pic of Tricky Jackson so all of us can see some evidence of what your training system is doing for him?

Red face

Ok we understand somethings might have to be kept under hat BUT can you post a recent pic of Tricky Jackson so all of us can see some evidence of what your training system is doing for him?
    I'll try..
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 09-24-2007 at 04:19 AM.

Wink

Drift, hows this for proof?
    Attached Images

He should change his name to Tricky "Jacked" Jackson....LOL..I wanted to let you know I have gained more definition along with 2 pounds of body weight in only 3 short weeks of increasing healthy fats and reducing carbs. I expected to increase defintion but how is it possible that I have also gained strength by reducing carbs?