DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Leg workout help would be appreciated.

I'll try to keep this brief. I workout at home due to medical issues. Also due to medical issues I can't squat, hamstring curls/extensions are also out. I can do calf raises. I have access to a adjustable flat bench (no help) barbell, plates, dumbbells in matched pairs 5-50. With that in mind, anyone got any ideas on a leg workout? I keep trying things but all I get is bigger thighs and calf muscles are finally getting somewhere. No actual definition in my quads/hamstrings. Which, I admit, I'm eliminating three of the big exercises for that. So any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vitalero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    have you tried pistol squats? its gonna be hard for 211lb guy at start but its nice replacment if squat is never available.
    since you cant do squats i guess deadlifts also impossible due to medical issues?

DukeWill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Db/Barbell step up onto the bench or a box
    Lunges
    It's hard to say without more info

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    squat motion is really only thing that you can do without machines. everything you can do will be derivative of that

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Goblet Squats if you can do them, if you have trouble, do them squatting down onto a box or couch and back up. Lunges and box step ups are also good exercises for you.

If you cant do those "medically" then you probably shouldnt be lifting weights and just walk/cardio to stay healthy

DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaxWills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vitalero View Post
    have you tried pistol squats? its gonna be hard for 211lb guy at start but its nice replacment if squat is never available.
    since you cant do squats i guess deadlifts also impossible due to medical issues?
    Actually I can deadlift. Not with a lot of weight (hell I can't lift a lot of weight period, again, medical issues lol) but yes I can deadlift.

Originally Posted by KDG730 View Post

If you cant do those "medically" then you probably shouldnt be lifting weights and just walk/cardio to stay healthy
    Both me and my doctors disagree with you. Just because you're medically limited or have injuries to work around doesn't mean you can't lift. Just means you have to get creative and just learn to live with the fact that some bodyparts are always going to suck. I've got arthritus in both hands, both shoulders, left knee toast, right knee not far behind, 6 concussions, decreased lung capacity, and severe sculiosis of the spin in two different directions. So yeah legs are a pain to work, back is also tricky. No, I don't move a ton of iron. But I still practice martial arts, still play hockey (I'm a goaltender, with destroyed knees lol), if theres a will theres a way.

That goblet squat thing looks doable, think I'll try that. Right now I'm going to go google pistol squats because I honestly have no idea what they are.

Thanks for the suggestions.