Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

Originally Posted by driftonce View Post
    Will adding cardio increase or decrease insulin sensitivity during the 6 week mass phase?

1) Cardio will increase insulin sensitivity during an "anabolic prime"!

2) You must never do cardio during an "anabolic blast" or it will actually "decrease" insulin sensitivity. A HUGE mistake being made by so many!

3) You can do 3 days of cardio during the "anaboilc cruise" if needed to increase insulin sensitivity but it must be done for no more than 3 days per week or gains will begin to suffer. Cardio should not be performed on leg and back day during anabolic cruise or over-training can occur!
    Author of the "Slingshot Training System"

Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronnie Rowland will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    Hi Ronnie,

Thanks much for your reply! I appreciate it.

I agree that maybe it's time to start training more days per week. I have been studying your STS program and am considering using it.

Cheers.
    I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at your newly found muscle mass...

Good luck!

driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ronnie should hard gainers train differently than easy gainers? I am always reading that hard gainers must train with less volume than genetic freaks to make progress. I would like to know the facts as opposed to theories.

Ronnie should hard gainers train differently than easy gainers? I am always reading that hard gainers must train with less volume than genetic freaks to make progress. I would like to know the facts as opposed to theories.

Drift, the idea that hard gainers should train with less volume than easy gainers make no sense!

I'll elaborate further when I find some time. Very busy right now.

It's one of those silly myths that just won't die!!!

ZSebag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    As I was reading this during health class, where our teacher tells us to get .33 grams of protein per pound I came across a quick question I was hoping that you could clarify.

During the prime, I realize I'm suppose to eat almost no High GI foods or Saturated fats, and during the blast/cruise I'm suppose to eat more High GI foods and saturated fats, but about how much more should I eat.

How much % of my carbs/fats should come from high gi/saturated fats? Also will eating omelttes in the morning during the Prime be a mistake or should I stick to oatmeal/whey protein/ and what not and save that for the blast/cruise.

ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ExCompetitor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mr. Rowland; I just wanted to convey to you my appreciation for taking the time to explain your STS principles and answering questions. Yours Truly,Leon. P.S. Reps to you!
    Last edited by ExCompetitor; 10-12-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Reps

driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) driftonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    omelttes.... omelttes???? How could eating omelttes ever be a bad idea? lol

Wink

Originally Posted by ZSebag View Post
    As I was reading this during health class, where our teacher tells us to get .33 grams of protein per pound I came across a quick question I was hoping that you could clarify.

During the prime, I realize I'm suppose to eat almost no High GI foods or Saturated fats, and during the blast/cruise I'm suppose to eat more High GI foods and saturated fats, but about how much more should I eat.

How much % of my carbs/fats should come from high gi/saturated fats? Also will eating omelttes in the morning during the Prime be a mistake or should I stick to oatmeal/whey protein/ and what not and save that for the blast/cruise.

ARE YOU A MESO, ECTO OR ENDO?

Keep in mind that health class is not the same as bodybuilding. For maximum muscle growth everyone needs about 1.25 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Protein intake remains the same for both "natural" and "drug-enhanced" bodybuilders.

There is no such thing as exact percentages when it comes to how many of your daily carbs should come from high GI carbs and how many fats should be in the form of saturated fats because everyones metabolism is unique. I can tell you that everyone (including ectomorphs) should be eating a larger percentage of their calories from healthy fats and low GI carbs than saturated fats and high GI carbs. Not because everyone will get fat, but because it's better for their health and they will have more energy for their workouts.

Easy gaining ectomorphs need to ingest the highest amounts of saturated fats and hi GI carbs to grow! Easy gaining mesomorphs need to consume the second highest ratios of saturated fats and hi GI carbs in order to maximize muscular gains! Slow gainers, whether they be endomorph or ectomorph need the least amount!

How much hyper-insulinemia your body will need to grow takes some experimentation on your behalf. Monitoring calorie input and calorie output is also very important.

My suggestion to you is start out low for your body type and make gradual increases until you find your sweet spot. The sweet spot is defined as a place where muscle growth exceeds increases in bodyfat. Everybody has one and you do not have to be overly meticulous to find it.

In regards to omlettes-you can still eat omlettes in the priming phase. Cheese is hi GI but it's also low in carbs. A lower fat cheese is best during this phase since you are trying to reduce saturated fat intake in order to increase "insulin sensitivity". You do not have to eliminate just reduce!

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No ones gonna read 23 pages of something they have no idea what it is! Just post the program and give brief summary of why things are the way they are, we dont need a book.

Exclamation

Drift, the idea that hard gainers should train with less volume than genetic freaks is all wrong!!! The amount of muscle tissue you are born with, not the Central Nervous System, dictates the rate and distance in which your muscles will grow. This is why everyone has strong and weak points!!! Just because someone builds muscle at a slow rate does not mean they have an inferior CNS. It simply means they are born with less muscle fibers in specific areas of their body. And just because some one gains muscle at a fast pace does not mean they have a superior CNS. It simply means they are born with more muscle fiber in specific areas of the body due to having parents that blessed them with strong points. The majority of bodybuilders are not slow gainers or fast gainers in all body parts.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-14-2007 at 09:47 AM.

Wink

Originally Posted by BOLT. View Post
    No ones gonna read 23 pages of something they have no idea what it is! Just post the program and give brief summary of why things are the way they are, we dont need a book.
    Bolt, I believe there are "multitudes" of members on bodybuilding.com that are in need of all 23 pages that I wrote and then some! Take a look at the link provided at the bottom of this page and you will soon realize chaos is running rampant.

I cannot not force anyone into learning something new. It takes a while for people to catch on to new ideas. In my opinion, those who are un-willing to read and study 23 little pages worth of material were never serious to begin with. Sometimes it's the good advise that people just won't take until they have exhausted all avenues!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5068133
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-14-2007 at 11:39 AM.

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Bolt, I believe there are "multitudes" of members on bodybuilding.com that are in need of all 23 pages that I wrote and then some! Take a look at the link provided at the bottom of this page and you will soon realize chaos is running rampant.

I cannot not force anyone into learning something new. It takes a while for people to catch on to new ideas. In my opinion, those who are un-willing to read and study 23 little pages worth of material were never serious to begin with. Sometimes it's the good advise that people just won't take until they have exhausted all avenues!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5068133
    I'm serious to begin with. The problem is if I'm going to read 23 pages it's going to be from someone I'm 100% certain they know what they're talking about and whatever they say will be of great use to me. I dont know who Ronnie Rowland is and I dont know what the Slingshot training system.

So if you want to convince me, as well as others I'm sure who havent bothered to post, that your system is superior to others you need something short and simple explaining what it's about and what principles are applied to make it the way it is.

I can go anywhere online and find huge heaps of information that could take me hours to read. Why should I spend my time reading this rather than something Dave Tate has written?

I'm just trying to help you from a marketing perspective.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    cliffs?

thats way too much **** to read.

Wink

Originally Posted by ExCompetitor View Post
    Mr. Rowland; I just wanted to convey to you my appreciation for taking the time to explain your STS principles and answering questions. Yours Truly,Leon. P.S. Reps to you!
    Your very welcome ExCompetitor. I'll bet you have been around the block!

The test drive will be fun. You'll be like a hungry dog on a chain with a big bone in front of your face by the time you are ready to blast.

Good luck...

Smile

I'm serious to begin with. The problem is if I'm going to read 23 pages it's going to be from someone I'm 100% certain they know what they're talking about and whatever they say will be of great use to me. I dont know who Ronnie Rowland is and I dont know what the Slingshot training system.

So if you want to convince me, as well as others I'm sure who havent bothered to post, that your system is superior to others you need something short and simple explaining what it's about and what principles are applied to make it the way it is.

I can go anywhere online and find huge heaps of information that could take me hours to read. Why should I spend my time reading this rather than something Dave Tate has written?

I'm just trying to help you from a marketing perspective.
    Bolt, I will take your advice under consideration. You are not the first to bring this to my attention. For me 23 pages is nothing, but when I was in highschool it may have seemed like a lot. Just wait until you hit college...LOL

Unfortuntately, there is no longer an edit button. I will try and work on some cliffs for everyone. I am here to help others not waste time. I have kept this training sytem off the net for a reason. You guys are some of the first to get to try it for free. The day I can no longer be of value will be the day I retire. That I promise. Best I can tell, there's a ton of people here to service.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-14-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    cliffs?

Not complicated at all-

Summary of Slingshot Training System: 5 day per week routine...

Training

Choose 2 key exercises for each major muscle group. Then use both of those exercises in the same training session once a week. If your best chest movement is 15 degree declines, simply start out with that exercise and do the lowest rep-set during the second work set. Next, finish off your chest with a secondary exercise (for i.e.; 15 degree incline flyes). Since it's considered a secondary movement, do the lowest rep-set during the final work set. You're hitting each bodypart once a week. The volume changes during each of the 3 training phases but the split remains the same through the entire 8 week training phase. Perform as many warm-up sets as you need before going into your work sets. That can be anywhere from no warm up sets for a muscle group that is getting warmed up indirectly or up to 3 warm-up sets for a cold muscle group or areas that are prone to injury.

Day 1 would be Monday and would consist of:

Chest
    Calves

Day 2 would be Tuesday and would consist of:

Lat Width
    Lat Thickness

A**ominal (optional)

Day 3 would be Wednesday and would consist of:

Shoulders
    Traps

Day 4 would be Thursday and would consist of:

Biceps
    Triceps
    Brachialis/Forearms

Day 5 would be Friday and would consist of:

Quads
    Hams

(weekends off)

Day 8 would be the following Monday (week 2) and would be the same workout as done on day one (Monday of first week)

And the cycle continues on- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, weekends off, etc.

1) Weeks 1 and 2 (anabolic prime) use low volume (2 sets per body part once a week). Add aerobics if needed to increase insulin sensitivity.

2) Weeks 3, 4, 5 and 6 (anabolic blast) use high volume (10 sets per body part once a week) No aerobics allowed under any circumstances.

3) Weeks 7 and 8 (anabolic cruise) use moderate volume (6 set per body part once a week) No aerobics unless needed to improve insulin sensitivity from body fat gains.

4) Weeks 3-8 (blast and cruise) make up the 6 week mass phase.

Summary of Slingshot Training System: Diet/Supplements

Anabolic Prime:

Weeks 1 and 2 decrease saturated fats derived from protein such as red meat, decrease higher glycemic carb intake, decrease carb calories intake if needed in addition to aerobics and aim to lose about 2-3 pounds during this 2 week training phase if you need to lose bodyfat to improve insulin resistance. If you are still relatively lean by the end of the mass phase simply keep calories high enough to maintain your current body weight while decreasing your intake of saturated fats and hi GI carbs. Don't be surprised to find your lifts going up during the first week of this 2 week phase after dropping all fast acting anabolics. This is called the rebound effect! You will disregard the 2 anabolic meals in this phase-hydro whey should be taken in conjunction with a meal containing healthy fats and protein from food sources not 10-30 minutes prior. No fast acting anabolic supplements allowed. These fast acting supplements can range from creatine all the way to Trenbolone. Keep protein intake around 1.25 grams per pound of body weight. Avoid insulin spiked meals to the best of your ability. A few saturated fats and hi GI carbs are okay but do your best to avoid them as much as possible. If hi GI carbs must be consumed you can mix them with some form of low GI carbs to reduce the total glycemic impact of the meal. And any low GI carb meal eaten prior will also have a carry over effect in reducing the GI.

Daily 6 meal diet plan for anabolic prime on training days:

Meal 1: (breakfast) - Large in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Do not take supplements before breakfast. Consume more carb grams than fat grams.

Meal 2: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 3: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 4: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 5: (Post workout and/or dinner)-Large in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Do not take any anabolic supplements or fast acting liquid carbs. Consume more carb grams than fat grams.

Meal 6: Small in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs (for i.e.; hydro whey in water and some ***** 3 enhanced peanut butter). Consume more fat grams than carb grams before going to bed.

Anabolic Blast and Anabolic Cruise:

Weeks 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 (6 week Mass Phase-"Blast" and "Cruise" combined). Increase calories to put on muscular weight, add fast acting anabolic supplements such as creatine, or Trenbolone, to the base anabolic or anabolics. Keep protein intake at around 1.25 to 1.5 grams per pound of body weight whether you are natural or drug enhanced. Eat more saturated fats, hi GI carbs and protein for breakfast and post workout to spike insulin/amino acids. Create a second insulin/amino acid spike during the evening on non training days. Take anabolic supplements like creatine/ leucine and hydro whey protein with a small amount of hi GI carb like Waxy Maize 10-30minutes before the post workout meal to enhance hyperinsulinemia. No hi GI liquid carbs are be needed with supplements during pre-breakfast or pre-dinner. Drop protein intake as much as possible during the first 3 days of entering the blasting phase and replace it with slow burning carbs and healthy fats.

Daily 6 meal diet plan for anabolic blast and anabolic cruise:

Meal 1: (breakfast)-large in size. Use hydro whey and any other over-the-counter anabolic agents 10-30 minutes prior to the whole meal (breakfast). Spike insulin/cholesterol/amino acid by combining the anabolic mix and the whole meal to be consumed 10-30 minutes after the anabolic mix. This meal should contain some saturated fats derived from protein sources such as whole eggs and some hi GI carbs like milk to promote hyperinsulinemia/hyperaminoacidemia. The faster your metabolism is the more saturated fats and hi GI carbs you can consume. But, do not go over-board for health reasons. If hi GI carbs are consumed during the 3-4 normal meals you can mix them with some form of low GI carbs to reduce the total glycemic impact of the meal. And any low GI carb meal eaten prior will also have a carry over effect in reducing the GI. Consume more carb grams than fat grams. Ingest more protein during this period by combining breakfast with hydro whey shake.

Meal 2: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 3: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 4: Moderate in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs. Consume fat grams and carb grams with about equal measures.

Meal 5: (post workout)-large in size and use hydro whey, fast acting liquid carbs and any other over-the-counter anabolic supplements 10-30 minutes prior to this meal. Avoid liquid carbs combined with hydro whey and/or other anabolic supplements on non-training days. This meal should contain some saturated fats derived from protein sources and some hi GI carb to promote hyperinsulinemia/hyperaminoacidemia (add according to your metabolism). Consume more carb grams than fat grams. Ingest more protein during this period by combining a hydro whey shake 10-30 minutes prior to the normal meal.

Meal 6: Small in size and contains healthy fats, protein and low GI carbs (for i.e.; hydro whey in water and some ***** 3 enhanced peanut butter). Consume more fat grams than carb grams before going to bed.

Sample of an 8 week anabolic steroid cycle used by "chemically enhanced bodybuilder's" that follow the "Slingshot Training System".

"Anabolic Prime" Weeks 1-2

Base-(Testosterone Enanthate/ 800 mgs and EQ/ 600 mgs/wk)

Work sets for major muscle groups (2 sets)

Calories needed (Below maintenance)

"Anabolic Blast" Weeks 3-6

Fast acting-(Trenbolone Acetate/ 225 mgs/wk)

Work sets for major muscle group (10 sets)

Calories needed (Above maintenance)

"Anabolic Cruise" Weeks 7-8

Fast acting-(Trenbolone Acetate/ 225 mgs/wk)

Work sets for major muscle group (6 sets)

Sample of 8 week anabolic supplement cycles used by "natural bodybuilder's" utilizing the Slingshot Training System.

"Anabolic Prime" Weeks 1-2

Base-(Hydro whey/Healthy fats).

Work sets for major muscle groups (2 sets)

Calories needed (Below maintenance)

"Anabolic Blast" Weeks 3-6

Fast acting-(Creatine divided into two daily dosages totaling 10 mgs. Leucine divided into two daily dosages totaling 10 mgs. Hydro whey should be taken in 2 daily dosages of 30-50 grams prior to anabolic meals).

Work sets for major muscle group (10 sets)

"Anabolic Cruise" Weeks 7-8

Fast acting-Fast acting-(Creatine divided into two daily dosages totaling 10 mgs. Leucine divided into two daily dosages totaling 10 mgs. Hydro whey should be taken in 2 daily dosages of 30-50 grams prior to anabolic meals).

Work sets for major muscle group (6 sets)

Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-14-2007 at 03:50 PM.

3 day per week routine!!!

Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    cliffs?

Summary of the "Single-Shot" Slingshot Training System:

Training

You simply choose 1 key exercise and 1 secondary exercise for each muscle group. Then take those exercises and rotate them using only one per workout. If your best chest movement was 15 degree declines and the second best exercise is 15 degree incline flyes, you?' do 15 degree decline on the first chest day, then 3-4 days later do incline flyes. Then the whole cycle is repeated again in 3-4 days. You would do your lowest rep set during the second set when using decline presses because it?s the key exercise. For incline flyes the lowest-rep set is done on the last set because it?s considered a secondary exercise.

You're hitting every bodypart twice in 8 days. The volume changes during each of the 3 training phases and use as many warm-up sets as you need before going into your work sets. That can be anywhere from no warm up sets needed for muscle that are getting warmed up indirectly group or 3 warm-up sets for cold muscle group or areas that are prone to injury. Lower back is trained only once per week to prevent injury and over-training.

Day 1 would be Monday and would consist of "key movements":

Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Biceps
    Brachialis

Day 2 would be Wednesday and would consist of "key movements":

Calves
    Lat thickness
    Traps
    Quads
    Hams
    Abs

Day 3 would be Friday and would be the same workout as performed on day one but with different exercises using ?secondary movements?.

Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Biceps
    Brachialis

(weekends off)

Day 4 would be the following Monday (week 2) and would be the same workout as done on day two but with different exercises involving secondary movements? and moving "hams" after "lat thickness" when doing dead-lifts. Also, dead-lifts should be pyramided like a key movement if performed. Meaning do the low rep set during the second work set during blast and cruise.

Calves
    Lat thickness
    Traps
    Quads
    Hams
    Abs
    And the cycle continues on- Wednesday, Friday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday etc.

1) Weeks 1 and 2 (prime) use low volume (1 set per body part twice every 8 days).

2) Weeks 3, 4, 5 and 6 (blast) use high volume (4 sets per body part twice every 8 days)

3) Weeks 7 and 8 (cruise) use moderate volume (2 sets per body part twice every 8 days)
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-14-2007 at 03:50 PM.

rippedrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Excellent Program!

Ronnie, I made a personal decision to join bodybuilding.com based soley on the excellent information found in your thread alone. The "Slingshot Training System" is very impressive to say the least and I think Tricky Jackson has an angel on his back..

Originally Posted by rippedrich View Post
    Ronnie, I made a personal decision to join bodybuilding.com based soley on the excellent information found in your thread alone. The "Slingshot Training System" is very impressive to say the least and I think Tricky Jackson has an angel on his back..
    Oh God how I hope this is not Ronnie posting. 47 year old guy holding a fish with one post who comes out of nowhere admiring a program? Skeeeetchy

rippedrich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile It works!

Oh God how I hope this is not Ronnie posting. 47 year old guy holding a fish with one post who comes out of nowhere admiring a program? Skeeeetchy
    Yes, I just joined the forum. I joined the forum because I heard about it at the gym. Everybody is talking about it.

I have tried several workout programs over the 47 years I have been alive and the Slingshot System really works. It just makes sense. Everybody at the gym is going nuts over the Sling Shot Training system. You should give it a try.

ZSebag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I whole heartedly disagree. I more than likely wouldn't be doing this program if he wouldn't of went that in-depth. I can't wait to start as soon as I get over this sickness.

Exclamation

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink

Originally Posted by rippedrich View Post
    Yes, I just joined the forum. I joined the forum because I heard about it at the gym. Everybody is talking about it.

I have tried several workout programs over the 47 years I have been alive and the Slingshot System really works. It just makes sense. Everybody at the gym is going nuts over the Sling Shot Training system. You should give it a try.

Good to hear......

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ZSebag View Post
    I whole heartedly disagree. I more than likely wouldn't be doing this program if he wouldn't of went that in-depth. I can't wait to start as soon as I get over this sickness.
    ZSebag, good to see you are serious about bodybuilding.

I hope you get to feeling better soon..

peterm533 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Summary of ?Single-Shot? Slingshot Training System: Training 3 days a week

I set out below my summary of the system. It deals only with training not diet etc. It is just my way of organising the material which some may find useful and others an unnecessary repetition. Needless to say any errors are my own. I have omitted some minor refinements in the interests of simplicity.

There are 3 phases to each cycle:

1. Prime: 2 weeks 1 set per body part, low volume
    2. Blast: 4 weeks 4 sets per body part, high volume
    3. Cruise: 2 weeks 2 sets per body part, moderate volume

During each phase organise your workouts as follows:

A.
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Biceps
    Brachialis

B.
    Calves
    Lat thickness
    Traps
    Quads
    Hams
    Abs

Alternate workouts as follows:

Monday: A
    Wednesday: B
    Friday: A
    Monday: B

Choose 1 key (or primary) compound exercise and 1 secondary (compound or isolation) exercise for each muscle group. Then take those exercises and rotate them using only 1 per workout so that the above rotation looks like this:

Monday: A Key
    Wednesday: B Key
    Friday: A Secondary
    Monday: B Secondary
    Wednesday A Key
    Friday B Key

REPS- Unless otherwise stated all reps are performed to ?good failure? i.e.
    the point at which no further reps are possible in good form

SETS ?Do up to 3 warm up sets and then perform your work sets as follows (with the exception of abs/brachialis/traps and hams which only require 1 set and deadlifts 2 sets):

1. PRIME- Key exercises are performed only
    1 set 12-15 reps

2. BLAST
    i) Key
    1st set- 6-8 rep 1 rep short of good failure
    2nd set 4-6 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps
    4th set 12-15 reps
    ii) Secondary
    1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps
    4th set 4-6 (or 6-8 reps if isolation exercise)

3. CRUISE- effectively 1st and 2nd sets of BLAST
    i) Key
    1st set 6-8 reps 1 rep short of good failure
    2nd set 4-6 reps
    ii) Secondary
    1st set 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps

SamIam3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamIam3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamIam3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamIam3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mr.Rowland...........My sources tell me that you are to weight training.......to what Jumbo Dave Plaumbo is too pharmaceutical drugs...... I'd like to hear your comments about rest-pause...... verses drop sets...... verses straight sets...... for gaining additional strength and size.

Wink

Originally Posted by SamIam3 View Post
    Mr.Rowland...........My sources tell me that you are to weight training.......to what Jumbo Dave Plaumbo is too pharmaceutical drugs...... I'd like to hear your comments about rest-pause...... verses drop sets...... verses straight sets...... for gaining additional strength and size.
    FYI..His correct name is Dave "Palumbo"!!! Thanks for the compliment..

Sam,I recently made a post at the "anabolic review board" pertaining to this very question.

Training has to do with adaptation. Both volume and intensity have its limitations. For e.g.; If you perform 1 intense set of heavy barbell curls twice a week, the neural pathways will eventually adjust themselves by getting stronger so they can handle an even heavier weight load next time you train. Yes, the biceps will get stronger, but not necessarily a lot bigger. Stay with me here! When you take advantage of the added strength gains made by using less volume and then co-mingling those added strength gains with additional training volume while not over-training, you can be assured you will grow bigger muscles! That is how you create a true progressive overload! You can use all the fancy beyond failure training methods such as drop sets and rest-pause for hours on end and never create a true progressive overload because limitless adaptation equals a heavier workload in conjunction with additional volume to breakdown down more muscle tissue, while never going past the point of diminishing returns.

It's important that you understand that a good burn (good pain) obtained from using high reps with straight sets equals over-load, but an ever intensified burn (bad pain) obtained from applying beyond failure techniques like triple drops sets, super sets, or a sharp pain or intense pressure (bad pain) from doing rest-paused reps or very low reps (1-3 reps) does not promote the same degree of over-load to the muscle tissue. Also, it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that a certain amount of volume is needed when utilizing any rep-range with straight sets. Over-load and intensity should come through weight selection and the amounts of straight sets performed, not to burn or fatigue the muscle beyond belief in one minuscule set. I think this is where some tend to get confused. A progressive over load is brought forth by increasing the amount of weight lifted or by performing more reps with a given amount of weight using straight sets. A true progressive over-load is simply increasing the total number of straight sets used for a muscle group. Rest pause works better for creating a progressive overload to the muscles than drop sets, where as drop sets are better for producing a true progressive over-load. Straight sets work better than both rest-pause and drop sets for creating both a progressive overload and a true progressive over-load.

Getting a nice pump is not the same as trying to see how hard you can burn the muscles. Your primary focus should be overloading the muscles while obtaining a nice pump. A good burn is less important and should only be sought after during high rep sets. Obtaining a good pump by moving rapidly between sets should be avoided like the plague if your goal is to add size-strength.

A few bodybuilders have equated overloading the muscle with decreasing the amount of rest taken between sets. We bodybuilder's refer to this as the pump . Their purpose of moving quicker between sets is to burn the muscle beyond a point that can't be achieved with straight sets. I think some tend to forget that burning a muscle with high reps is not equivalent to burning the muscles by moving faster between sets. High repetitions will still allow you to train with a heavier workload on a progressive basis, given that you wait long enough between sets to allow ATP restoration. On the other hand, when you move rapidly between sets, ATP cannot regenerate itself fast enough to support a progressive over-load in the amount of weight lifted. It's been proven that any form of training that requires moving rapidly between sets will crush one's immune system. Along with that comes less stimulation to the actual muscle tissue itself.

High reps will create a greater demand on the nervous system if you move rapidly between sets (for i.e.; 60 seconds or less). This is why so many have become severely over-trained with beyond failure techniques such as descending sets, super-sets, and drop sets. Anytime you move rapidly between sets or extend a set beyond failure you drastically cut into your energy supplies and lower your immune system defenses. For example: Rest-pause utilizes low reps, but it can flat out over-train you in no time because you?re trying to perform additional reps in the same set.

The secret to sparing the nervous system is combining both high, medium and low reps in the same workout while using only straight sets with adequate rest periods of 2 to 3 minutes between sets. There are plenty of training techniques exist that won't allow you to produce an effective over-load to the muscles. Do not let yourself fall victim to useless routine after useless routine that applies no science, when all that's needed is changing things up with straight sets.

The more simplistic you makes things the more effective they work. Many have wasted a lot of precious time and energy using beyond failure techniques and they have the injuries to prove it! Now let me ask you this; what good do you think can come from building the foundation of your workouts around training techniques whose primary focus is on nervous system/joint over load as opposed to progressively overloading the muscles? Beyond failure methods like giant sets always cause a severe burn in the muscles and this burn always carries over to the joints/tendons. This can produce tendonitis in short order. I'm here to tell you that using these extreme training methods with any consistency will only hold you back by causing injury and nervous system fatigue.

Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread rocks 4 stars MR ROWLAND
    "I feel like earth's gravity is just here to pull us down."
    Mudvayne
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=632076&page=13

Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    The more simplistic you makes things the more effective they work. Many have wasted a lot of precious time and energy using beyond failure techniques and they have the injuries to prove it! .
    I love it! keep it simple.

Smile

Originally Posted by peterm533 View Post
    Summary of ?Single-Shot? Slingshot Training System: Training 3 days a week

I set out below my summary of the system. It deals only with training not diet etc. It is just my way of organising the material which some may find useful and others an unnecessary repetition. Needless to say any errors are my own. I have omitted some minor refinements in the interests of simplicity.

There are 3 phases to each cycle:

1. Prime: 2 weeks 1 set per body part, low volume
    2. Blast: 4 weeks 4 sets per body part, high volume
    3. Cruise: 2 weeks 2 sets per body part, moderate volume

During each phase organise your workouts as follows:

A.
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Biceps
    Brachialis

B.
    Calves
    Lat thickness
    Traps
    Quads
    Hams
    Abs

Alternate workouts as follows:

Monday: A
    Wednesday: B
    Friday: A
    Monday: B

Choose 1 key (or primary) compound exercise and 1 secondary (compound or isolation) exercise for each muscle group. Then take those exercises and rotate them using only 1 per workout so that the above rotation looks like this:

Monday: A Key
    Wednesday: B Key
    Friday: A Secondary
    Monday: B Secondary
    Wednesday A Key
    Friday B Key

REPS- Unless otherwise stated all reps are performed to ?good failure? i.e.
    the point at which no further reps are possible in good form

SETS ?Do up to 3 warm up sets and then perform your work sets as follows (with the exception of abs/brachialis/traps and hams which only require 1 set and deadlifts 2 sets):

1. PRIME- Key exercises are performed only
    1 set 12-15 reps

2. BLAST
    i) Key
    1st set- 6-8 rep 1 rep short of good failure
    2nd set 4-6 reps
    3rd set 6-8 reps
    4th set 12-15 reps
    ii) Secondary
    1st set- 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    3rd set 8-10 reps
    4th set 4-6 (or 6-8 reps if isolation exercise)

3. CRUISE- effectively 1st and 2nd sets of BLAST
    i) Key
    1st set 6-8 reps 1 rep short of good failure
    2nd set 4-6 reps
    ii) Secondary
    1st set 12-15 reps
    2nd set 8-10 reps
    Thanks Peter. I like this!!!