Prophette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Coconut oil info?

OK guys (and any girls, too)...

I did a search and didn't see much on this topic (actually, nothing at all other than links to Frostein threads). I have read in various places that although saturated fat is something like the root of all that is evil in the world of fat, coconut oil, which is saturated, has health benefits. Now, the problem is that I can't find any unbiased and objective sources that corroborate this story.

Supposedly, coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties, and could possibly aid in weight loss efforts. It's also said to be good for skin.

It smells nice and probably functions as well as any other oil for skin, assuming one isn't afraid to attract insects, but I'm not really interested in that aspect of its use. I do think that it is a good oil for frying because it isn't easily converted to a trans fat like unsaturated oils, but other than that, I need more info.

Can anyone point me to something that speaks objectively on the benefits of coconut oil?
    melodically intricate,
    rhythmically intuitive,
    harmoniously intriguing,
    but sometimes just plain interminable.

oh yeah, I work out, too!
    Female, 5'6" 135 lbs. 17-18% BF

[yes, I'm one of those artsy pseudo-intellectual types... so sue me. :) ]

Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here is a quick start (this just came to mind although the mention of it is, subordinate to another concern):http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/...t=ST;f=3;t=101

Coconut oil has a high amount of MCT's, so, that would also help to broaden the base of inquiry.