Registered User the iron addict's Avatar
    the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000)

I puked all over the power rack!

I often have trainees ask me if it’s true that I, and some of the trainees on my board have really puked after a hard set of squats or deadlifts? Hell yes, I have lost my lunch many times squatting, deadlifting, and even doing high rep leg-presses. Of course the next question that is asked is if it is important to train that hard? The answer is no, definitely not. I know many extremely advanced lifters in BB’ing and PL’ing that have NEVER throw up while training throughout their whole career.

Then why does it happen and when? In almost all cases it is a result of high rep squatting or deadlifting. Never heard of anyone puking doing lat-pull-downs—lol. High reps are not a requirement though. Pushing hard enough when doing squats and deads can make you hurl doing lower reps. I have puked doing 8 rep squats, and, well it came up but I swallowed it once doing 5 reps deads, too many pretty girls watching then—lol. EXMGQ/PullinBig has puked doing a single. Course he benches almost 600 and squats 800. Many hardcore gyms keep puke buckets by the squat racks. Something you are not likely to find at your local Gold’s or Bally’s.

If you work into higher rep squats/deads slowly, either by rep count or intensity level and do them consistently you will find that puking is minimized or eliminated. People with superb conditioning generally do not have the problem, or at least less frequently. Since I have been pulling the sled it has become a very infrequent thing.

What is the mechanism? Hell if I know. I don’t believe it is possible for a lifter with low or mid level overall conditioning to do an ALL-OUT set of 20 rep squats and not puke. What does this tell us? Mostly that most people that do 20 rep squats never REALLY go all-out. And quite frankly that is fine and preferable for most people as the overall metabolic and CNS stress when pushing that hard is too much for most trainees.

Iron Addict

Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive thrown up doing squats before. Many, many years ago. I havent puked in a very long time. I get queasy sometimes on squats, hack squats and for some reason SLDLs but not to hurling.

In my case I think its because I was so grossly overtrained back in the day and my body was under so much stress already that when it was subjected to a hard set of squats it just lost it. I dont know, Im guessing.

Since training under DC I've trained harder than I have ever trained in my life but I havent puked. Not that he hasnt tried every trick in the book to make that happen utilizing training, diet and supplements. But no go. And honestly Im happy about it. Throwing up is no fun. Some people consider it a badge of honor. Thanks, I'll pass.
    My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over...

WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkHustleShred is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive puked from cardio, Ive puked from taking supplements, but never squatting. Gross way to earn a badge if you ask me.

How about poo? THAT would be ****in funny...
    Brooklyn Fried Tech Metal:

********.com/eyeslikecyanide

My Journal----Follow my quest to impress:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150795043

chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WorkHustleShred View Post
    Ive puked from cardio, Ive puked from taking supplements, but never squatting. Gross way to earn a badge if you ask me.

How about poo? THAT would be ****in funny...
    Strong 8 year bump!
    I rep back :) (measly reps)

Goals: SIZE
    Bench: 295lbs
    Squat: 450lbs
    Deadlift: 500lbs

*Doesn't look like I lift but I actually lift crew*
    *Misc and Workout Programs forum crew*