ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

confused by oatmeal amino-acid profile

i was browsing nutritiondata.com and i found this oatmeal that seems to have all amino-acids...
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s018e.html
    it says it's unenriched...
    am i missing something? i thought cereal had incomplete proteins in it
    Last edited by ovidiu; 04-29-2005 at 10:39 AM.

Team Scivation Athlete georgiacorn's Avatar
    georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) georgiacorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if i were u, i'd post this again in the derek charlebois forum. ask beast, str8flexed, etc. -- they will be able to answer ur question.
    5'11, 211 lbs, 20%bf

Do you like apples? I got her number, how do you like them apples?

Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leafs/Pack has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ovidiu
    i was browsing nutritiondata.com and i found this oatmeal that seems to have all amino-acids...
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s018e.html
    it says it's unenriched...
    am i missing something? i thought cereal had incomplete proteins in it
    Hmmm... it seems to me that they are talking about just regular quaker oats too... I thought that oats were an incomplete protein, anyone know?

ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ovidiu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bump

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Something can be an incomplete protein if they are missing an amino acid or don't have enough of one or more essential amino acids. Grain foods are normally low in lysine, so to compliment the amino profile and complete it, you can add something high in lysine like beans, and or peas to make it a little better amino wise. If you are eating it with a complete protein source to begin with, than I wouldn't worry to much.
    Unaffiliated.

yeas but if u look at this food's amino-acid profile, u'll see that all essential amino-acids are there... am i missing one?

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Read my post again See where I said that it can be considered incomplete if their is not enough of a certain essential amino acid? Click on your link for oatmeal and look at the lysine content (which I also mentioned is the limiting amino in grains),then go and compare that amino profile to something like an egg and see how all the numbers fall more or less together with very limited extremes....
    Unaffiliated.

ok, i searched for some milk(http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s001x.html) but guess what? it's deficient in .... lyisine

Originally Posted by ovidiu
    ok, i searched for some milk(http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s001x.html) but guess what? it's deficient in .... lyisine
    haha got me, that's strange.
    *EDIT* I went and looked at skim milk and the lysine is way up on that one,the the threonine is down...something wierd with that Go figure.
    Last edited by xxghostxx; 05-02-2005 at 12:36 PM.
    Unaffiliated.

serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    years later, lol. I found something interesting for those that are still wondering about. Lysine is the amino acid that oats are missing the most to trigger growth. Check the study found here STUDIES OF AMINO ACID SUPPLEMENTATION AND AMINO ACID AVAILABILITY WITH OATS http://jn.nutrition.org/content/66/4/533.full.pdf
    "If you are looking for outstanding result, you better be willing to make outstanding efforts!!!"
    -Sebastian Ramirez
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/serave/
    Twitter: @serave

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really tempted
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242