UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Working Out When Tired

Hey everyone! I'm a college student and with finals underway right now I am hardly getting any sleep! Last night I didn't even get one hour, but I did get in an hour nap. Anyways I have always found working out to wake me up. So I dragged myself to the gym, and yes it did kind of wake me up, but part of me feels like I shouldn't be worrying about getting to the gym right now. What do you guys think? Should I continue to get to the gym in order to keep myself going or should I just give it a rest for now. Is there any harm done working out when tired? I know everyone says to give your body time to rest, but I always took this theory as meaning your muscles need to time to recover. I'm also eating a lot more now, healthy stuff, like last night i ate a bunch of chicken breats and egg whites throughout the night, so i am making up for the extra time I'm awake....but any thoughts?

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it all comes down to what works for you. I am also a student and I find I HAVE to workout around exam time to keep myself sane and give myself a bit of a break. But maybe you aren't like me... To answer your question, there is no harm to taking a week or two off to concentrate on your exams.

abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abbs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When we sleep our body releases the largest amount of growth hormone for the day to repair our muscles, so lack of sleep will affect your recovery, so what you are doing in the gym may produce limited results. Dont be afraid to take a week off or so, it wont hinder your progress and if anything will benefit you because you are not placing your body under undue-stress. Recent research has also shown that lack of sleep results in higher levels of cortisol secretion, which results in the breakdown of muscle.

here are some interesting articles:

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/huma...un/drobson.htm
    http://www.fit-pro.com/editorial2.asp?ID=240

Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I love to work out and I will choose working out over some sort of "restful" activity any day of the week...but even I need to take an extra day off every once in awhile.

This morning, for example. I wasn't feeling well during my workout, so rather than push myself through a very uncomfortable workout and risk injuring myself because I was so tired I was having trouble with my usual weights and my coordination was off, I chose to stop halfway through and go home.

I think if you're so tired its affecting your ability to function, you shouldn't work out. If you're just a little tired and you'd rather work out than take a power nap, that's fine...just make sure you're giving yourself enough recovery time.

You don't want to be so tired for your exams that you blow them...some things ARE more important than going to the gym.

Sunny
    I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

1 January 2017: 175.0
    1 June 2017: 154.4
    Goal Weight: 145.0 (by 1 August)

Week 1: 154.3 (6/2/17); Week 2: 154.4 (6/9/17); Week 3: 152.4 (6/16/17); Week 4: Friday 23th June; Week 5: Friday 30th June

Registered User TigerAngelLeigh's Avatar
    TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its not a good idea to push yourself to do something when your body is not very well prepared. If you end up injuring yourself because you're over-tired, you won't be able to workout for a long time, so ts far more economic to give yourself a break from the gym if you're very busy. A couple of weeks won't harm the progress you've made already (I was surprised that I hadn't lost any strength after a workout lapse of about 6 weeks the other day!), whereas getting injured will.

BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffMuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I were you mate, I'd lay off the gym whilst you're not getting any sleep. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Yeah, you'll still get a bit of a buzz from working out, but you don't want to risk hurting yourself. Take a week or two off. If you really want to do something, go for a run to keep your body used to exercise.

Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miamituscani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I say go with your gut feeling. The day that I finished my exams I was super pumped and I went to the gym after. But the following day, I sept in and I was still dragging my feet the whole day.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Someone rep abbs for me. Please

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

Originally Posted by UmmYourFace
    Hey everyone! I'm a college student and with finals underway right now I am hardly getting any sleep! Last night I didn't even get one hour, but I did get in an hour nap. Anyways I have always found working out to wake me up. So I dragged myself to the gym, and yes it did kind of wake me up, but part of me feels like I shouldn't be worrying about getting to the gym right now. What do you guys think? Should I continue to get to the gym in order to keep myself going or should I just give it a rest for now. Is there any harm done working out when tired? I know everyone says to give your body time to rest, but I always took this theory as meaning your muscles need to time to recover. I'm also eating a lot more now, healthy stuff, like last night i ate a bunch of chicken breats and egg whites throughout the night, so i am making up for the extra time I'm awake....but any thoughts?
    Ah, yes, the college finals are upon us! I have my first exam in about 5 hours and as you can see, I am procrastionating by answering to this post! lol, shame. Anyway- I find that working out on the day of the exam helps me to release stress of the actual exam and stimulates my brain in remembering everything I studied. But you are more than welcome to take time off the days preceeding the exam or just take the week off if you feel it is too much. I find the w/o helps me, but everyone respons differently to stress. Sleep is always good as well- but if you are like me- you are WAY TOO WIRED ON THE CAFFIENE TO EVEN THINK ABOUT SLEEPPPPP! (Yea, that was my morning cup of energy talking in caps )

-Good Luck!!
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ya i went to the gym and did 25 minutes of really easy cardio then I was like my body doesn't want me here. Last night was my only carefree night and I came to my room and fell asleep at nine! I must have really needed that lonnngg sleep.

r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by terracotta
    Someone rep abbs for me. Please
    Gotcha covered!
    I'm sore!

mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mommykuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I remember those days. Do you really think you are going to be any good when taking your finals if you aren't sleeping now? It gets to a point that your brain doesn't retain any of the info anyway, so why not get some good sleep? Then you can fit in a quick workout in your breaks just to destress and clear your head. Your body is eventually going to crash. And workouts are better than NO Doz which was common in my day.
    A Mommy's work is never done- but we get paid in Hugs & Kisses!

totally...I HATE NOT SLEEPING. but geeze I think breaking from the gym this week kinda gave me a better idea too that maybe i was working out too much before. I feel so much better. I also think eating throughout the night has made me lose body fat! WEIRD