lilredcherry7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The 1st 5 pounds...

So I have been told that when starting a new diet and/or exercise routine you can lose up tp 5 pounds the 1st week than 1-2 pounds every week following that. Is this true? Is the initial 5 pounds healthy? Would you say it's mostly water weight? I am scale obsessed, I know it's bad but those #s freak me out when they get to high or even worse, don't change when I am working hard.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lilredcherry7
    So I have been told that when starting a new diet and/or exercise routine you can lose up tp 5 pounds the 1st week than 1-2 pounds every week following that. Is this true? Is the initial 5 pounds healthy? Would you say it's mostly water weight? I am scale obsessed, I know it's bad but those #s freak me out when they get to high or even worse, don't change when I am working hard.
    The only way you would lose 5 lbs in the first week is if you drastically increased your water intake and your body stopped holding onto excess water. That is it is water loss and NOT fat loss. If you are less than 20 lbs overweight don't plan to lose more than 1 lb/week