SSWTR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Extreem intermittent fasting Log

I am starting intermittent fasting kind of modified diet according to my needs and goals. I will fast daily for 16 hrs and feast for 8 hrs. Except on Sunday where I will fast for 12 hrs and feast for 12 hrs. And dirty reefed my self.
    On Monday , Wednesday, Friday , I will drink as many protein drink and flax bread as much I want after 5 or during and after my workout. I will do my workout daily from 5 or onward 5. Usually I will stay In gym for 2 hrs. one hr workout one hr slow fat burning elliptical to watch some TV program.

On Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I will drink only protein drink with one time low carb meal following my workout.

On Sunday I will workout for 2- 3 hrs for whole body parts. At 12 pm in afternoon following with dirty reefed.

Weekly weight, other measurements and picture update on Sunday.
    Other measurements: chest, waist.
    Protein Drink: 2 scope isopure whey protein+10 gram soluble fiber+ 720 mg potassium powder form+ 100 mg hodia (all days)

One time meal: allowed food: eggs+ vegetables +chicken with skin+ coconut oil + olive oil+ steak+ minced meat (one meal days Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)

Flax bread: eggs+ milled flax+ whey+ baking powder+ sweetener (non meal days)

Dirty reefed(for lepton level): (one time in week on Sunday) eat from 2 restaurants for example pizza hut and burger king or buffet. With lots of fruit later that day in feast time for example grapefruit + watermelon + kiwi+ pineapple+ apple+ berries etc Sunday feast time will last for 12 hrs from afternoon night 12.

Apple cider vinegar organic with baking soda drink daily after wake up and before go to bed. 3 times daily 5 times in a week.

Every hr in fasting time drink 2 glass water and stretch my self quickly put alarm in cell phone to remind my self.

Try to drink at least gallon of water in a day.
    Supplements: Multivitamins , vitamins c 100mg x 2, Magnesium, vitamin E 100 mgx1, Nican100 mg, vitamin B+, Zinc, cq10, fish oil, codliver oil, calcium with vitamin
    D, baby aspirin, antenol. (in feast hr all the supplement in one time)

Note comments on hunger and feelings and workout

Daily cardio( elliptical) for 1 hr except Sunday on full body workout day.

Daily workout before feast timing with max weight for me.

Monday: back(4 excersisesx3setx8-6 rep)/bi(3 exercise 3 set x 8-6 rep)
    Tuesday: chest/tri (same as above)
    Wednesday: leg/shoulder (same as above)
    Thursday: back/bi(same as above)
    Friday: chest/tri(same as above)
    Saturday: leg/shoulder(same as above)
    Sunday: full body workout ( 3 set for each body part with high rep i.e 10-12, body parts quad,ham,calf,abs,chest,pecdec,back,bicep,tricep,s houlder,forarm,delt,neck

GADIEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why are you going to do all that again?

what you plan to do doesn't sound too healthy

Originally Posted by GADIEL View Post
    why are you going to do all that again?
    meaning?

well in a way i t sounds like you want to do too much too soon
    how was your diet before this fast?

what you plan to do doesn't sound too healthy
    Actually being this much over weight is also not healthy for me. And after thinking and reading this what i feel is best under my situation. hassle free. No calorie count. Just FAST AND FEAST. And being a desk jokey its not that bad plan.

well in a way i t sounds like you want to do too much too soon
    how was your diet before this fast?
    Not true. I want some thing easy according to my life style hassle free with some freedom to eat and pig out. I can't count calories in every meal. I was eating pretty much clean before this diet without any workout. Actually i feel sluggish if eat whole day and I am doing this kind of diet for last 4-5 days and feeling lot happy and better. My lots of other issues also solve which was feeling for last 1 years specially related to digestive system.

being over weight is never healthy. i'm about 270 myself but i think you shouldn't stress your body out by trying to do so much unless of course you are already used to such fasting and training. if not try reading "ultrametabolism by mark hyman" i hope it works out for you just keep trying!
    Last edited by GADIEL; 09-18-2007 at 02:31 PM.

DrFunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've done intermittent fasting with the 16/8 split for a long time and I think some parts of your setup are a bad idea.

There is no "as much as I want." I always tried to shove as much as possible in before the window closed. You still have to maintain certain calories and macronutrients to make progress. Intermittent fasting just makes it easier.

Dirty refeeds are just a bad idea if you are trying to lose weight and twelve hours of feasting is way too long. In 8 hours I can fit in about 4000-4500 calories of moderately clean food. In 12 hours....about 6000-6500. You'll thwart your progress. Don't worry about leptin depletion on an intermittent fast, having the feasting nightly maintains it so a refeed is unnecessary.

Since you are already overweight, I think you are going to have problems with blood glucose homeostasis, which may make the fast extremely difficult for you. But I don't know, and I would like to know how the fast makes you feel.

However, I am not trying to be a hater and I wish you the best of luck if you think this may work for you. I'm just saying, this type of diet works a lot better for already lean people. BTW, what is the aspirin and antenol for?
    Don't need stimulants and I never fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Originally Posted by DrFunk View Post
    I've done intermittent fasting with the 16/8 split for a long time and I think some parts of your setup are a bad idea.
    What you mean by 16/8 split. Please elaborate it.

There is no "as much as I want." I always tried to shove as much as possible in before the window closed. You still have to maintain certain calories and macronutrients to make progress. Intermittent fasting just makes it easier.
    I totally agree with you. Basically I am aiming for 2-4 isopure whey drink which is equal to 100-200 gram protein on Monday,Wednesday,Friday with flax bread I think I can able to get 500 cals from Fat and 100 cals from protein aprox. ( I need to buy milled flax so I don?t know when I am going to start it but I have to , so I can be regular even I m using 20-40 grams soluble fiber. Which is also for good EFA?s.

On Tuesday,Thursday,Saturday I will break my fast with protein drink (50 p, 20 g soluble fiber) later I will eat one high fat moderate protein food for example today. I drink one protein drink after 45 mins of my workout. Then I eat 200 gram aprox 70 percent minsed meat , 1 whole egg. 1 table spoon butter, 1 oz full cream cheese. I need to start using lot of vegetable hopefully things will be adjusted for my eating. Then before go to bed I will take one more same protein drink. I can?t decide how food I will eat in above meal it depends on how much food available and how I am feeling. Even though I after eating food I feel worst. During fast I feel lot calmer, energetic and happy. If I eat carbs like I eat German chocolate cake yesterday I was feeling pathetic as well as depressed.

I am fasting for last 6 days and it solved my eso****us spasm/ acidity problem which was making my life miserable.

Dirty refeeds are just a bad idea if you are trying to lose weight and twelve hours of feasting is way too long. In 8 hours I can fit in about 4000-4500 calories of moderately clean food. In 12 hours....about 6000-6500. You'll thwart your progress. Don't worry about leptin depletion on an intermittent fast, having the feasting nightly maintains it so a refeed is unnecessary.

Since I am eating 800-1500 cals daily from Monday to Friday I was thinking to eat 3000-4000 cals on Sunday including lots of fruits and green vegetables. Also it make me feel satisfied in terms of hangout with friends. Also my weight is 271.6 today. I lost almost 6-7 pounds in last 5 days..
    Since you are already overweight, I think you are going to have problems with blood glucose homeostasis, which may make the fast extremely difficult for you. But I don't know, and I would like to know how the fast makes you feel.
    I am fasting for last 6 days and until now I m feeling fine and lot better due to get rid of eso****us spasm and acidity problem. Also my energy/concentration levels are very high for example today I cardio for 1 hour and work out for 1 hour mainly on machines. ( chest and tris )( 4 excersie each for chest and tris with 3 set x 8,6,4 rep) which last for 1 hour. And ironically I feel no problem at all to work out or cardio even I feel lot lot lot better in terms of stemna and strength. Funny thing is even I am not drinking water in fasting time due to religious restriction and I feel no problem at all. As I told earlier I feel lot better then work out and cardio on normal clean carb and protein and fat diet with water. Even I think water bloat me if I drink during or before workout. But I think I will resume water after 24 days when this religious months ends. From there I will see which way is better to fast with water or without water.

However, I am not trying to be a hater and I wish you the best of luck if you think this may work for you. I'm just saying, this type of diet works a lot better for already lean people. BTW, what is the aspirin and antenol for?
    ? I really appreciate your best wishes since my life totally change into crap from last one and half year and I have to change this thing otherwise it really hard for me to live like this. I have some incident of MI 1 and half year ago. I was having some spasm in artery. I was taking epherphia at that time. I was using nicotine gum, nicotine patchs, and heavy smoking and chewing tobacco. I was lot under stress due to project and my professor was giving me hard time. I was having panic attack regularly during that time. In short I had incident of MI. Then doctors ask me to take aspring 325 mg , plavix, zocor, atenol. But they don?t tell me to take coated asprin and I start using non coated asprin with in 3 months my life change into misery. Musle pain, sever ulcer( blood in stoll) extreme pain in chest GERD, and Hatial hernia. Bleaching, and chronic eso****us spasm. I feel MI for 2 hours and after that I become normal but by taking those medication with very low fat diet my life become totally miserable. I get sever depression. Eventually I quit plavix, zocor since my colestrol was good even at MI which ldl 105 and HDL 35. And doc asked me to reduce LDL more lower then 70 instead of increasing my HDL. So I am still taking baby asprin daily and atenol to keep my heart rate lower. Hopefully I will able to quit atenol one day.

Sorry for this long and haphazard information

being over weight is never healthy. i'm about 270 myself but i think you shouldn't stress your body out by trying to do so much unless of course you are already used to such fasting and training. if not try reading "ultrametabolism by mark hyman" i hope it works out for you just keep trying!
    I don't know exactly how it turn but i am lot optimist on it. Since i m feeling lot happier. I m again have feeling to live and enjoy. I am trying for last whole year and i fail miserably every time. For example 7 month ago i fail miserably due to homeride and lot of beding by doing keto diet even i am experience in terms of knowledge of keto diet. some time i fail due to some physiologically issues or become over whelm in counting calories or become depress by eating carb. Belive me this fasting is realy good thing. I can't tell you how much good i m feeling in fasting and optimistic i m feeling with this life with this fasting diet. And i believe there is lot of misconception regarding eating regularly or small meal. Please check intermittent fasting thread in nutrition forum which really help me to make my mind. Also check warriors diet. Also check paleo diet. Also check velocity diet. And i came with some thing which is combination of all , Paleo diet+warriors diet+intemittent fasting+ CKD.

Also for work out i m not lifting free heavy weight. I am intending to do only machines excersises to quickly do all my required work out in 1 hour with minimum weight for me to retain my muscle mass during cut. I think i am having 180 lbm in 270 weight. So hopefully i will be able to cut safely with out loosing lot of lbm.

Day 1/90

Weight 271.6
    Food:

2 protein drink: each have 40 gram protein+ 900 mg potassium+ 100 mg hodia+ 10 gram soluble fiber

one solid meal : 1 boiled whole egg + 150 gram minsed beef + 1 spoon butter+ 1 oz ful cream cheese.

workout:

back 4x3x6
    tri 4x3x6
    1 hr cardio

supplement

multi+vitamin c 1000 mg x2, nican 1000 mg ( to lower lp(a)),vitmain B+, baby asprin, atenol, vitmin e 1000 mg, cod lever oil 1 Tsp, magnessium 400 mg x2 , zinc 50 mg, selinum, cq 10, calcuim with vitmain d

DrFunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey,

By 16/8 split I meant fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 hours. I didn't realize you were doing keto, even though this is in the keto section, so. based on your explanation, your diet looks pretty good, and hopefully you can stick to it and get better. I'll be watching.
    Don't need stimulants and I never fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

2/90

weight 270

I eat one meal today even i don't suppose to eat meal today.

4 hard boiled eggs+ 2 spoon dressing+half cup chick pics+fruit salad+half culf wholewheat pasta + 2 scope wheey protein 50 gram protein with 1.5 cup milk

all this in one meal

work out

leg and shoulder

eliptical 1 hour

3/90

weight 268 lb

food: 5 whole boiled eggs+one leg quarter with skin+one small potato+1/4 cup chick pics
    one protein drink
    work out back and bi
    eliptical 1 hour

4/90

its really hard to drink only protein shake in feast time. I still not able to drink only protein drink in feast time . When i came back from workout i am dying to eat any thing since its already more then 20 hour i last eat. any way i will still try my level best to follow the plan or i will make non workout days feast on protein drink.

weight 267

food: one palte of mix fruit + one whole leg quarter with skin + 2 whole eggs + 5 dates+ one whole cucumber+protein drink + 5 small vegetable patties

workout chest and tri

elliptical one hour

Unhappy

I think fasting is lot easier task then festing.

In fasting we don't need to do any thing except enjoy the sweat little pain of hunger. But in feast time as soon i start eating i forget every thing and eat like a zombie what ever come in to my cite. I am able to get in to ketosis by the end of next day but i can't maintain that ketosis to get maximum fat loss. I think i need to prepare food in advance as well as make some advance plan how to manage that situation when my brain shutdown and not able to avoid carb food.

Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey man I love your motivation to lose weight fast but your plan is a bad idea. What's going to happen is you're going to lose some weight for a while and then your body is going to feel so deprived your appetite will become uncontrollable and you will just start feasting 24/7. This is a yo-yo waiting to happen..