Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dia-Tribe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Diabetes ZMA & Tribulus

Too any supplement guru...

I am a type 2 diabetic, and after a lot of hard work have the beast under control and in clinical remission.

I have two problems -
    1) Diabetes -
    which results in low Magnesium levels and I understand that Magnesium supplementation appears to improve insulin production in Type 2 diabetics. "The American Diabetes Association has acknowledged the "strong associations...between Magnesium deficiency and insulin resistance". Daily supplementation of 300 to 400 mg is recommended.
    Many diabetics, especially those with nerve damage have low blood levels of Vitamin B6.
    Type 2 diabetics also have low Zinc levels. They are usually able to take supplements of up to 25 mg daily without any adverse effects.
    Low testosterone levels are also common amongst diabetics which may be the downregulation by the extra estrogen released by extra adipose tissue.

2) Light Sleeping leading to several night awakenings.

From what I have read in regards ZMA it appears to meet all of the above requirements and some.

ZMA is a unique anabolic mineral support formula containing highly bioavailable forms of Zinc and Magnesium as Zinc/-Monomethionine and covalently bound Zinc/Magnesium Aspartate. Formulated with Vitamin B6 to further enhance Zinc and Magnesium absorption and utilization.

My questions are - what level of Zinc and Magnesium is contained in ZMA products (note the recommended limit (25mg and 400mg respectively for diabetics) ?

Can this be stacked with Tribex - are they complementary supplements or would there be a high level of redundancy ?

I also have concerns of over supplementation with zinc which can cause zinc toxicity.

On the face of it and from what I can read it looks like it would be ideal for my condition.

Your opinions are most welcomed and I understand that I should not infer medical expertise.
    Last edited by Dia-Tribe; 04-26-2005 at 04:33 AM.
    6'2" 220lbs
    330 x 6 Bench
    132 x 8 Weighted Dips
    900 x 8 Leg Press
    -=Transmogrification in progress=-

Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From what my bottle says, ZMA has 30mg of zinc.
    I'm a lover AND a fighter.