Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wink Eggs and constipation?

Alternate thread title:
    "My ass is not a birthday cake."

Eggs are a binding agent, does this include my colon?

They are frequently used to bind other foods in recipes, are they also known to bind up turds and cause constipation? I have recently reintroduced them into my diet, and the effects have been a bit...disturbing. I'm only eating 6 or so a day. I'd hate to have to stop eating them, they are not only the best food in existence, but they are tasty.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That many eggs sounds like a lot to me because I only eat one whole egg a day (I just recently got back into BB after about 10 years off). What do you do with the eggs after cracking the shells open? Raw? Whites only? Hard or soft boiled? Scrambled? Fried? If scrambled or fried, do you use any sort of buttery substance or a non stick pan? Uh, poached? I can't think of any other ways to cook eggs at the moment. Do you eat them with any other food? All at one sitting or spaced out through the day?

The best results I've had is to not use any butter type stuff at all. Infact, I add an ounce or two of water and stir it all up into a slurry. The end result is a very nice scrambled egg. I don't use a non-stick pan, and the egg doesn't stick to it any worse than if I had used an oily substance. It's a lot healthier this way and doesn't give me any stomach or intestinal problems like margerine or buttered eggs do.

MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I eat typically boiled eggs, sometimes fried in light olive oil, I'll eat probably half the yolks, sometimes more than that because my diet is low in saturated fat anyway. The eggs are spread out over the day basically, one here and one there. They're like perfect little portable protein bombs.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeff20B is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh good, you do spread them throughout the day. That many eggs at any one time would be a serious gut bomb.

Hmm... are you eating a ton of fiber? There was a post here recently about how too much fiber can have the opposite effect of what you were trying to achieve. In other words, it takes more effort than it should to pinch a loaf.

Incidentally, the last time I had a greasy/oily egg product was when I ate an omlet. I had been stopped up for a couple days due to some processed foods I had been eating, and all it took was the omlet acting as a catalyst to burst the dam. Oh man, I was hating life for about 2 hours while the constipation turned into diahrea. Think of Harry from Dumb and Dumber (it was that explosive toward the end due to uncontrollable muscle contractions). I actually lost about 5 pounds and became very dehydrated.

Less processed foods and no more greasy/oily egg products for me.

The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This source claims you should stay away from eggs to avoid constipation, yet they have the opposite effect on myself.

http://www.homehealth-uk.com/index.html?f=body|fr=http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/constipation.htm|r

The Doc
    I do not have an M.D. or a Ph.D., Doc is a nickname, please don't ask me about your personal itching.

My diet is very high in fruits (mainly apples and bananas), but unfortunately not so high in vegetables, because of the food prep and time often involved.

Also very high in oatmeal and moderate amounts of fiber cereal like Kashi.

I do take metamucil though, which I will do right now because those damn beavers have pissed off the loggers and built another dam.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

Dtownstew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

good to know that this works

Kinda gross, but I get that problem some too...and it is uncomfortable and hard to workout that way. Try a glycerirn suppository. They really are a lot easier than they sound and work in about 15 min.

Just an idea.
    -Matt