stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stratupus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lifting heavy and losing weight

When I first started my quest to lose weight I was dieting, cardio, and lifting weights. The weight lifting consist of low wieght lots of reps. But I wanted to change and do alot of cardio and lift heavy. So what I'm asking here is if I do cardio 5 days a week for 1hour and do split weight training but heavy will I still lose the fat.

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stratupus View Post
    When I first started my quest to lose weight I was dieting, cardio, and lifting weights. The weight lifting consist of low wieght lots of reps. But I wanted to change and do alot of cardio and lift heavy. So what I'm asking here is if I do cardio 5 days a week for 1hour and do split weight training but heavy will I still lose the fat.
    Absolutely. At least I did. I always lifted heavy, and from what I have read, lifting heavy may be better during a cut that high reps. Just keep your rest between set to 30-90 seconds (depending on the exercise) and you'll do great.
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

petemane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That plan sound slike what i do. Cardio 1 hour daily and lift heavy 4 times a week. I have always powerlifted never hi rep low weight and so far i have lost 9% body fat and 60 pounds. Still got a good 40-50 to go though =/

Kale4life1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kale4life1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kale4life1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kale4life1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kale4life1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kale4life1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need to find a way to work this into my schedule

I haven't been in the gym much because of work and health reasons. But I will say this. I go to college for Entertainment Working Behind The Scenes at Theatres/Concerts. All that stuff. I'm lifting heavy road cases and stage gear constantly. I was 330 back in the Fall of 2012 and mind you. Everything is heavy. Even pulling on ropes to open heavy curtains is a pain. I was also playing football as a DT at that time. I'm now 300lbs from my dieting. I am an Endomorph with mug muscular legs. But I can for sure lose another 50-60lbs and finally lose my stomach and Man Boobs. Now I just need to find a good workout to do with I tight schedule when I'm working at concerts and plays. Plus I'm a baseball umpire. So I am doing a lot of body weight squats when I work a baseball game from behind home plate.