9 years and counting... MuscleTex's Avatar
    MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

College!!!!!!!!!!

I have been really confused about what i am going to do in college for a major. I would like to have a career in a laboratory setting where they research what are the factors for muscle growth. I cant decide if i should do exercise physiology, microbiology, genetics, cellular biology or others!
    Any help?

newguy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just research them a bit find what you like, the future has soo many options, you can always change your major,

you could be undecided the first year

btw, dont let your parents force u into anything u dont want

Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm in the same boat as you, I"m off to college this year, actually in a month, and I find myself trying to decide what my major will be.

Thing is for most schools, they like you to declare a major by the end of Freshman year, but no later than end of the Sophomore year. So you've got time.

I think that I will probably end up being an exercise physiology major, perhaps kinesiology, microbiology. Really you don't have to have a specific degree to do a certain job, just so long as you've taken the classes that, that specific job or grad school requires.

Hope this helped
    . . . .I'm Huge. . . .The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Jules "Pulp Fiction"

yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Either major in Cell Bio or Biochem or just plain Bio. With those majors you can do pretty much anything (research wise). There are excellent Molecular Kinesiology programs all over the nation. I know Michigan has a great program for fact (i almost went there) -- you can go on their website and see what the research interests of all the department members are:

http://www.umich.edu/%7Edivkines/kin.../academics.htm

You can also go to www.gradschools.com and search grad schools by their graduate degree programs. This will give you a better idea of what grad school requirements are and what classes you need to take.

good luck bro
    Always in on join date threads crew

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RetiredMod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is plenty of time bro don't worry about it. What you learn as you go through college is that majors in college really don't even matter that much. Just take classes you enjoy, interest you, and that challenge you, this will give you an idea of what you might like to do with your life. But in all honesty I have a lot of friends who graduated college this past year from top schools...they are smart kids and they have no idea what they want to do really. So don't feel rushed.

yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000) yklyachkin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by McBain
    There is plenty of time bro don't worry about it. What you learn as you go through college is that majors in college really don't even matter that much. Just take classes you enjoy, interest you, and that challenge you, this will give you an idea of what you might like to do with your life. But in all honesty I have a lot of friends who graduated college this past year from top schools...they are smart kids and they have no idea what they want to do really. So don't feel rushed.
    very true... and don't worry if you don't know what you want to do. A lot of people don;t find out what they want to do til they are in their 40s...

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chances are you'll switch majors a few times. Im on my 5th and im only going to be a jr. And who knows if that will change. Just get your gen-eds done

Br

RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

you need some direction in your life son, and a good foundation starts here:

http://www.muscletech.com/EMPLOYMENT/
    \in*ten*si*ty\ - Exceptionally great concentration, power, or force.
    see also: KAMEHAMEHA!!!

H.V.T. - High Volume Training!

TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheGMF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by RiPPEDTiDE
    you need some direction in your life son, and a good foundation starts here:

http://www.muscletech.com/EMPLOYMENT/
    This job is 1890% better than any other!
    Love the pain,
    Love the gain.

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Originally posted by TheGMF

This job is 1890% better than any other!
    that was actually very clever!
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

ironcross has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I’d major in something that's skills could help in developing a hobby on the side: Auto/auto, Kinesiology(sp) /BB, Programming/game development, Electronics/battlebots, Architecture/ garage shop, etc.

Art is a big no-no. A friend graduated with a Masters in art. He is driving truck now. Just what I've been told.
    who-yeah!

Originally posted by ironcross
    I’d major in something that's skills could help in developing a hobby on the side: Auto/auto, Kinesiology(sp) /BB, Programming/game development, Electronics/battlebots, Architecture/ garage shop, etc.

Art is a big no-no. A friend graduated with a Masters in art. He is driving truck now. Just what I've been told.
    you can graduate with whatever you want... and have the crappiest grades... and still make it!!

look at Dave Letterman. He went to Ball State. Got Cs and Ds.
    Now he is a multi-millionaire. Created a schoraship at Ball State for C students.

Pусский Бра Kpy crew

AccessPhisher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got my Data Communications Bachelor's Degree year ago, and now I'm a biochemistry major.

If you want things like networking, security, data, and communications revolve around your job, choose Data Communications.