kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Brown Rice for cutting?

so ive lost 10 lbs, and im 20% bf, im tired of all this crap eating (not tasteful) and want my rice back, i know white rice is bad, but ive heard of the wonders of BROWN RICE

so, this question is to all the meat heads who know their stuff, is brown rice ok for cutting or will it push me further from my goal

Thanks for responding

lzicc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lzicc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am on a cutting cycle now and I eat brown rice. I would eat your carbs early in the day.

Originally Posted by kobefan
    so ive lost 10 lbs, and im 20% bf, im tired of all this crap eating (not tasteful) and want my rice back, i know white rice is bad, but ive heard of the wonders of BROWN RICE

so, this question is to all the meat heads who know their stuff, is brown rice ok for cutting or will it push me further from my goal

Thanks for responding

piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10) piolata is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    actually either is fine, brown rice is better but i like my white rice in my ppwo meal

dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrek is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    brown rice is a great source slow digestive carbs.right now im carb cycling so i have some br rice evry 3 or 4 dys

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Brown rice is great cutting or bulking.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

rip to shreds in progress raymondh's Avatar
    raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i actually went to the supermarket and looked at the nutritional facts of both. Surprisingly, white rice has has 0g fat, 3g of protein and about 27g of carbs per serving while brown rice as the same nutritional value as white rice except it has 1g of fat. Not that big of a difference, and that fat is probably healthy fat too, but just to let you know.
    Interested in making an extra $3000+/month from home by working for a publically listed NYSE company? PM your e-mail or AIM address and we'll talk. U.S. Only.

[url]www.futureworks.xs3.com[/url] Professional websites $200-$300 per project. No hourly rates.

the Epicurean bodybuilder A.FreeRadical's Avatar
    Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by raymondh
    i actually went to the supermarket and looked at the nutritional facts of both. Surprisingly, white rice has has 0g fat, 3g of protein and about 27g of carbs per serving while brown rice as the same nutritional value as white rice except it has 1g of fat. Not that big of a difference, and that fat is probably healthy fat too, but just to let you know.
    White rice is highly processed and most of the nutrition (vitamins and minerals) are removed. Personally, I think brown rice tastes much better.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Visit my plan for 8% bf http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382697
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The difference between brown rice and white rice is the GI value. White rice is a high GI food while brown rice is a low GI food. Brown rice also has more nutrients and will digest slowly compared to white rice.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by A.FreeRadical
    White rice is highly processed and most of the nutrition (vitamins and minerals) are removed. Personally, I think brown rice tastes much better.

aA.FreeRadical a

to me, white rice is fine, i only use it for carbs, and only carbs.
    Interested in making an extra $3000+/month from home by working for a publically listed NYSE company? PM your e-mail or AIM address and we'll talk. U.S. Only.

[url]www.futureworks.xs3.com[/url] Professional websites $200-$300 per project. No hourly rates.

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Originally Posted by chlaxman
    Brown rice is great cutting or bulking.
    i think so too.
    doesn't watch t.v.

Originally Posted by chlaxman
    The difference between brown rice and white rice is the GI value. White rice is a high GI food while brown rice is a low GI food. Brown rice also has more nutrients and will digest slowly compared to white rice.

remind me again the GI value, the higher the gi value it is, the faster the digesting?

Location: Away from arbitrary power. "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimore J. Adler
    A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A.FreeRadical has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    remind me again the GI value, the higher the gi value it is, the faster the digesting?
    and the more it spikes your insulin. In reality there is not a lot of GI difference between white and brown rice. Brown is a little lower. The reason to perfer brown over white is taste and more vitamins and minerals. White rice is a bit like white bread, there is no there there.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004
    Neck 16.5" Shoulders 49" Biceps 14.5" Chest 42" Waist 37" Hips 39" Thighs 21"....5' 9" tall 184 lbs bf 18%

July 2007
    Neck 17" Shoulders 50" Biceps 16" Chest 44" Waist 34" Hips 38" Thighs 23"..... 5' 9" tall 189 lbs 19% bf

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

White rice is a bit like white bread, there is no there there.

I have at least one serving of brown rice a day; it's usually the carb for my first meal after breakfast.

I got one of those electric rice cookers a few months ago, which is really great for this -- four cups of Uncle Ben's, four and a half cups of water, set it and forget it, like Ron Popeil says. Four servings of brown rice in about twenty minutes.

C.K.

Originally Posted by stahlhart

I have at least one serving of brown rice a day; it's usually the carb for my first meal after breakfast.

I got one of those electric rice cookers a few months ago, which is really great for this -- four cups of Uncle Ben's, four and a half cups of water, set it and forget it, like Ron Popeil says. Four servings of brown rice in about twenty minutes.

C.K.
    I have never tried Uncle Ben's brown rice. Are you sure that is not instant? It takes me 50 minutes to cook my brown basmati rice. (I love brown basmati. It is so nutty in flavor.) I do have a cooker, I have to try using that next time.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004

July 2007

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

I have never tried Uncle Ben's brown rice. Are you sure that is not instant? It takes me 50 minutes to cook my brown basmati rice. (I love brown basmati. It is so nutty in flavor.) I do have a cooker, I have to try using that next time.
    I don't think that it's instant -- it comes in a bag, not a box, and doesn't mention "instant" anywhere on the package... (?)

I just went to look at the bag, and it says "Brown Rice, Natural Whole Grain, Ready in 30 minutes"; 2lb. bag.

Sometimes they're out of it, and I'll go with the grocery store brand instead, but I prefer the Uncle Ben's for the taste.

C.K.

Originally Posted by stahlhart
    I don't think that it's instant -- it comes in a bag, not a box, and doesn't mention "instant" anywhere on the package... (?)

I just went to look at the bag, and it says "Brown Rice, Natural Whole Grain, Ready in 30 minutes"; 2lb. bag.

Sometimes they're out of it, and I'll go with the grocery store brand instead, but I prefer the Uncle Ben's for the taste.

C.K.
    I will look for it. Uncle Ben's has some awesome tasting 25 minute white rices in boxes with lots of spices, but I think I will save those for my next bulk.

aA.FreeRadical a
    Jun. 2004

July 2007