JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJayz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

If i want to lose weight should i reduce carbs?

Arnie says you never want to go into keto but you want to eat the least amount of carbs posible while staying out of keto and replacing the calories with protein?

MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JayJayz View Post
    Arnie says you never want to go into keto but you want to eat the least amount of carbs posible while staying out of keto and replacing the calories with protein?
    uh-oh.

Plenty of people lose wfat and maintain/gain muscle while in ketosis.

Plenty of people lose wfat and maintain/gain muscle without ketosis.

the best thing is to do your won research and find what suits you and not just because Arnie says it.
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

part of DA...keep it on the QT

Registered User gettinripped513's Avatar
    gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pick a program and stick to it. there are many programs on this site choose one it should work as long as u stick to it.

Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Abc^^ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Arnie said he will be back but i dont see a new terminator movie out this year ?????
    if he said you will lose weight if you jump off a cliff would you ???????

RESEARCH AND THE SEARCH BUTTON ARE YOUR FRIEND MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP !!!!!!!
    Reason why we are not living in trees WE HAVE A MIND!

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As Arnie, not us. We cannot read his mind.

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude... i'm a huge advocate of the no sugar = good fat loss.... so yes, manipulate your carb intake, but by no means remove all of it... especially if you play any sports, or are training for some comp. (not bbing)
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    forget about reducing carbs and all these low carbs diet, once u eat back the carbs ull see ur weight increase in no time... just lower ur overall carolies consumption and monitor urself. tweak ur diet a bit.... high carbs,moderate carbs and low fat. keep ur calories clean and do ur cardio. that's it.
    You're born small and weak, you die small and weak, how you look in between is up to YOU!

MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Eliiias View Post
    forget about reducing carbs and all these low carbs diet, once u eat back the carbs ull see ur weight increase in no time... just lower ur overall carolies consumption and monitor urself. tweak ur diet a bit.... high carbs,moderate carbs and low fat. keep ur calories clean and do ur cardio. that's it.
    strong LC ignorance, lol!
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

Registered User gettinripped513's Avatar
    gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MissThing View Post

i second that low carbs then when you pick back up eat clean and its all good.

Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JayJayz View Post
    Fat loss is not as simple as just lowering carbs. You have to get the right amount of carbs/protein/fat combined with the right amount of calories.

IMO, I agree that you want to stay out of keto if you want to keep running on the most efficient fuel (which is carbs). But I don't think going into keto is necessarily bad...just less effective.

Originally Posted by gettinripped513 View Post
    i second that low carbs then when you pick back up eat clean and its all good.
    Precisely. (You just have more patience than me )
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

Average-Joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Average-Joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I agree with this. I did extreme low carb diets and just saw extreme weight fluctuations when I carbed up. I now eat about 300 carbs a day and I still lose weight on a consistent basis. It all depends on YOUR body like everyone else has already said.

Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why ur always in favour for keto?? are u doing? i dont want to be rude but u always pick up on me when i say keto and low carbs diet are not that good... are u on keto?? are u loosing weight? what about scientific studies that show that ketones are bad for the body? for the kidneys? for overall health? can u please stop picking on me and stop telling that am ignorant!
    You're born small and weak, you die small and weak, how you look in between is up to YOU!

ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibcritn1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree low carb diets are not a healthy way to lose weight, also you can usually tell whos eating correctly and who is starving their bodies of carbs at the gym when you see them on the cardio machine and look very unhealthy drastic fat and MUSCLE loss
    Stiff leg Deadlift 485lbs x 8

Bench 405 x 3

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what about scientific studies that show that ketones are bad for the body?
    You tell us, you provide the evidence that ketones are bad.

The brain works with two sorts of fuel - glucose & ketones, has done for millions of years. How is that bad?

Originally Posted by ibcritn1 View Post
    I agree low carb diets are not a healthy way to lose weight, also you can usually tell whos eating correctly and who is starving their bodies of carbs at the gym when you see them on the cardio machine and look very unhealthy drastic fat and MUSCLE loss
    Then point out which BBers in the picture section are on low carb, and which ones are not.

why ur always in favour for keto?? are u doing? i dont want to be rude but u always pick up on me when i say keto and low carbs diet are not that good... are u on keto?? are u loosing weight? what about scientific studies that show that ketones are bad for the body? for the kidneys? for overall health? can u please stop picking on me and stop telling that am ignorant!
    I am on keto and I am losing weight and size. my losses have been BODY FAT and I have gained a few lbs of muscle even though that's not my goal at the moment.

I just came into this thread to answer a couple of questions, therefore my reply to your post was just coincidence, I didn't even look at (or remember) your user ID.

you keep spouting the same thing about keto even thought thousands of people follow the diet with success. You are the one who won't educate themself about a different way of eating . No one has to follow any one way: understand that what works for one person doesn't necessaril;y work for another.
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

Originally Posted by ibcritn1 View Post
    ...Yet somehow I manage to to HIIT and heavy compound lifting 5x a week carbing up every one or two weeks.

Only one trainer knows about my diet but almost all of thm at the gym have complimented my weight loss and training schedule.
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

I am on keto and I am losing weight and size. my losses have been BODY FAT and I have gained a few lbs of muscle even though that's not my goal at the moment.

I just came into this thread to answer a couple of questions, therefore my reply to your post was just coincidence, I didn't even look at (or remember) your user ID.

you keep spouting the same thing about keto even thought thousands of people follow the diet with success. You are the one who won't educate themself about a different way of eating . No one has to follow any one way: understand that what works for one person doesn't necessaril;y work for another.
    since u said i keep spouting the same thing about keto that means u remembered my used ID...anyways congratulations on ur weight loss... i know that what works for one person doesnt work for the other but keto in my opinion is bad in everyway...just my opinion.

NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoTimeLikeNow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keto is wonderful, I highly recommend it!!!
    almost in the 100 lost club :D

since u said i keep spouting the same thing about keto that means u remembered my used ID...anyways congratulations on ur weight loss... i know that what works for one person doesnt work for the other but keto in my opinion is bad in everyway...just my opinion.
    I reembered your user id after your previous post drew attention to the fact.

Fair enough people have opinons on what's right or wrong, but there's a lot of evidence that when done corectly keto is effective.

Live and let live y'know? I had major problems with 40-40-20 (allergies, carb cravings etc) doesn't mean I condemn diets with carbs. In fact, I'd prolly suggest 40-40-20 to people beofore keto because people find 40-40-20 less restrcitive
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

mc-fine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I find that if I over do it with the carbs I feel weak at the gym after a few days. I make sure I get some carbs in the morning and afternoon but I make sure my servings contain more protein and fibrous vegetables than carbs. Lowering carbs definately helps but everything in moderation.

p.s- crap load of cardio doesn't hurt either

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey,
    couple of things you could/should do

1.carb cycling
    2.timed carb intake
    3.browse the keto forums

cheers`

p.s. ketones are your friends.