Jonno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodybuilding Thesis

Hi there,

I am a young bodybuilder currently in my 4th and final year at university in Nottingham, England. I am trying to prove that bodybuilding has had a positive effect on society.

Below is a list of questions that by answering would help my final report on bodybuilding. I would be extremely grateful if you could answer the questions and send them back to me.

In order to form an in-depth analysis please could you state your gender, age and occupation?

Approximately how long have you been bodybuilding for?

What caused you to take up bodybuilding?

What do you think it takes to become a good bodybuilder?

What is your favourite outcome from bodybuilding?

Are you aware of the risks and dangers that bodybuilding could hold?

If so, in your opinion what are they?

Do you take any supplements or substances to benefit your training?

If so, what are they?

Finally, what ways do you find out about the current goings on surrounding the bodybuilding industry?

Thank you so much for your time, your opinions are extremely valued and please keep up the good work.

Jonno

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jonno
    Hi there,

I am a young bodybuilder currently in my 4th and final year at university in Nottingham, England. I am trying to prove that bodybuilding has had a positive effect on society.

Below is a list of questions that by answering would help my final report on bodybuilding. I would be extremely grateful if you could answer the questions and send them back to me.

In order to form an in-depth analysis please could you state your gender, age and occupation?
    MALE, 19, PERSONAL TRAINER.

17 MONTHS

THE CHALLENGE, AND FOR BETTER HEALTH.

DEDICATION BEYOND REASONING.

TO BECOME A PRO.

YES.

GETTING CRUSHED BY A HEAVY WEIGHT OR OVERDOSING ON A VITAMIN OR MINERAL. HOWEVER, THESE ARE BOTH NEGLIGIBLE.

YES.

If so, what are they?
    CREATINE, GREEN TEA, VITAMIN C, B-COMPLEX, POTASSIUM, MAGNESIUM, ZINC, CALCIUM, AND A MULTI-VITAMIN/MINERAL.

Finally, what ways do you find out about the current goings on surrounding the bodybuilding industry?
    READING BODYBUILDING FORUMS.

Thank you so much for your time, your opinions are extremely valued and please keep up the good work.

NO PROBLEM.
    Jonno
    Thoughts in CAPS....
    Last edited by KhanPaulsen; 04-25-2005 at 11:28 AM.
    NSCA-CPT.

golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Red face

hmmmm i just turned 19 male from north east england and im on the dole lol for now

*well iv been training for around 2 years now, well iv been bodybuilding' only one year and the other year i just messed about not knowing much.

*i didnt really have a reason to start training, just went a couple of times with my mate then got addicted i guess

*to become a good bodybuilder it takes 100% dedication 100% good diet and 100% good training and alot of sleep ohhh and godo knolege and genetics play a big part

*i think my favourite outcome is still to come which is 22" arms lol...nah i think its defo the size that iv put on and will keep putting on.

*yep im fully aware of the risks and dangers of bodybuildin(roids) well thats the only real dangers i think

*the only supplements i take is protien powder and just added zma to my list...iv tried creatines b4 and didnt see much improvment so im just stickin to the basics for now

*and theres lots of different i find out about the bodybuilding industry, its sumthing i like to do....mostly the internet or bodybuilding mags like flex or musclemag.

there u are jonno all ur questions answerd
    nothin to it but to do it!!

[email]marc123@hotmail.net[/email] NO GAYS

tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In order to form an in-depth analysis please could you state your gender, age and occupation? 17 year old Male Student

Approximately how long have you been bodybuilding for? 9 months (seriously), 1.5 years sports-related.

What caused you to take up bodybuilding? It's a challenge, a hobby, a lifestyle, etc.

What do you think it takes to become a good bodybuilder? The mentality, including drive and dedication that can't be questioned.

What is your favourite outcome from bodybuilding? Getting better every week.

Are you aware of the risks and dangers that bodybuilding could hold? No more than I am of the dangers of plain old living.. everything kills you.

If so, in your opinion what are they? Sacrificing your health for bodybuilding.

Do you take any supplements or substances to benefit your training? Yes.

If so, what are they? WATER (), Protein, Multi, Creatine, EFAs/Fish Oil.

Finally, what ways do you find out about the current goings on surrounding the bodybuilding industry? Mostly mags and the internet.
    2007 INBF Long Island Experience:
    1st Place Novice Lightweight & Overall
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Muscle D has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

In order to form an in-depth analysis please could you state your gender, age and occupation? Male, 18 years old, work at a healthclub - customer service

Approximately how long have you been bodybuilding for? approaching 2 years

What caused you to take up bodybuilding? I was too skinny, wanted to be bigger, sports initially

What do you think it takes to become a good bodybuilder? Dedication, knowledge, sacrafice

What is your favourite outcome from bodybuilding? Bigger, fitter, healthier, sexier

Are you aware of the risks and dangers that bodybuilding could hold? yes?

If so, in your opinion what are they? none, only risk would be not taking care of yourself and dieing of heart attack or obesity related disease.

Do you take any supplements or substances to benefit your training? yes

If so, what are they? protein, creatine, multivitamin and miscilanious others (chromium, zma, dextrose)

Finally, what ways do you find out about the current goings on surrounding the bodybuilding industry? bodybuilding.com

Jonno
    view above

Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there,

Male, 19, IT consulatant.

1 Year

Unhealthy, needed somthing to take my mind off smoking, to gain size

Dedication, determination, the ability to filter through lots of info and select what is appropriate, a love for tuna and cottage cheese

Gaining size, doing what others cant be bothered to, achieving goals

Yes

Using improper form can result in injury. Not using sups correctly can cause damage too. Dropping weights is also a hazard.

Yes
    If so, what are they?
    CodLiver oil + evening primrose caps, multivitamin, protein powder

The internet

Hope this is useful
    Last edited by Jams; 04-25-2005 at 12:26 PM. Reason: missed a question
    - Jams

veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) veerkamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Kurt 14 M The Bahamas
    18 months

What caused you to take up bodybuilding? that i wanted to look and feel good

What do you think it takes to become a good bodybuilder? to be very hard on yor self and displin

to look good

Are you aware of the risks and dangers that bodybuilding could hold? not really because i think it does more good then bad

If so, in your opinion what are they? that it could stunt my groth

Do you take any supplements or substances to benefit your training? yes

If so, what are they?protein (pro complex)

Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shotput15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there,

In order to form an in-depth analysis please could you state your gender, age and occupation? MALE, 15, STUDENT

Approximately how long have you been bodybuilding for? 5 MONTHS

What caused you to take up bodybuilding? TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF AND INCREASE MY SELF ESTEEM

What do you think it takes to become a good bodybuilder? PERSEVERENCE, DETERMINATION, AND A LOT OF HARD WORK!

What is your favourite outcome from bodybuilding? THE RESULTS, NOTICING I'M IMPROVING IN MY STRENGTH

Are you aware of the risks and dangers that bodybuilding could hold? YES, BUT THE POSITIVES OUTWEIGH THE NEGITIVES BY A MILLION

If so, in your opinion what are they? THE POSITIVES ARE BEING STRONGER, AND FEELING MORE POSITIVE MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY. THE NEGITIVES ARE THE COSTS, BOTH MONEYWISE AND PERSONALLY, BECAUSE BODYBUILDING DOES REQUIRE A LOT OF PERSONAL TIME.

Do you take any supplements or substances to benefit your training? YES.

If so, what are they? OPTIMUM NUTRITION 100% WHEY PROTEIN.

Finally, what ways do you find out about the current goings on surrounding the bodybuilding industry? WWW.BODYBUILDING.COM, MAGAZINES SUCH AS MUSCLE AND FITNESS, AND OTHER ONLINE SOURCES.

Jonno
    Hey man, my answers are in caps in the quote, glad to help
    Last edited by Shotput15; 04-25-2005 at 05:23 PM.
    -I'm the man in the box
    Height:5'9"
    Weight:130 (145) goal 150 at least
    -Squat- 185 goal 200
    -Deadlift- 230 goal 275 (THAT'S gonna take awhile)
    -Bench- 115 goal 135

If it's easy, it's pointless. That goes for eating too. KEEP EATING

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi there,

In order to form an in-depth analysis please could you state your gender, age and occupation? male/15/student

Approximately how long have you been bodybuilding for? 1 year

What caused you to take up bodybuilding? Desire to get that physique[/b]

What do you think it takes to become a good bodybuilder?Dedication

What is your favourite outcome from bodybuilding? The confidence and attention that comes with an amazing physique

Are you aware of the risks and dangers that bodybuilding could hold? Absolutely

If so, in your opinion what are they? Injuries and getting into well lets say some certain "supplements"

Do you take any supplements or substances to benefit your training? Yes

If so, what are they? Whey Creatine Multi currently

Finally, what ways do you find out about the current goings on surrounding the bodybuilding industry? Mainly this forum and the internet in general

Jonno
    My answers in bold

RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichTK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

MALE, 19, STUDYING AT UNIVERSITY

Approximately how long have you been bodybuilding for?'

3 YEARS.

IMPROVE SELF CONFIDENCE AND IT LOOKED LIKE FUN. GOOD CHALLENGE AS WELL.

CONSISTENCY, RESPONSIBILITY, AND HARD WORK

NICE PHYSIQUE

YES

OVER SUPPLEMENTING AND SERIOUS INJURIES.

YES

If so, what are they?

PROTEIN SHAKE, MULTI-VIT, AND SOMETIMES CYCLE ON A CREATINE SUP.

DEFINATELY BB.COM, AND A GOOD BROWSE AT THE SUPPLEMENT SHOP

NP