Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight loss while fasting

So I have been searching and been finding a bunch of articles for cutting/mass building during Ramadan or while your fasting. But nothing really on weight loss.

As everyone else, I need to fast from 5.30 am till 7.30 pm with no water, etc.

Now, I am just looking for a work out that could help me lose weight.

Before fasting started, I was waking up and doing elliptical for 5 miles, about 55-60 mins. And I didnt see no results, besides losing major muscle, and becoming flabby.

Now, Ramadan has started, and I need help on when to work out, and what to eat.

So far, in the morning, Ive been eating cereal, with 2 boiled eggs, with some fruits. Then I go all day without eating, and then open my fast with a protein shake, then wait 20 mins, and then run the usual 5 miles, 55-60 mins, and then eat after the run.

If someone can point me in the right direction nutrition wise and work out plan wise. If I am doing the right work out, or if I should switch it up. For now, I am not worried about losing muscle mass, I would rather lose most of the body fat and then start to lift again once im at the desired weight.

Please do not post if you have anything to say against fasting. It is mandatory that I do it. And no I will not switch religions, etc.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Himmad View Post
    So I have been searching and been finding a bunch of articles for cutting/mass building during Ramadan or while your fasting. But nothing really on weight loss.

As everyone else, I need to fast from 5.30 am till 7.30 pm with no water, etc.

Now, I am just looking for a work out that could help me lose weight.

Before fasting started, I was waking up and doing elliptical for 5 miles, about 55-60 mins. And I didnt see no results, besides losing major muscle, and becoming flabby.

Now, Ramadan has started, and I need help on when to work out, and what to eat.

So far, in the morning, Ive been eating cereal, with 2 boiled eggs, with some fruits. Then I go all day without eating, and then open my fast with a protein shake, then wait 20 mins, and then run the usual 5 miles, 55-60 mins, and then eat after the run.

If someone can point me in the right direction nutrition wise and work out plan wise. If I am doing the right work out, or if I should switch it up. For now, I am not worried about losing muscle mass, I would rather lose most of the body fat and then start to lift again once im at the desired weight.

Please do not post if you have anything to say against fasting. It is mandatory that I do it. And no I will not switch religions, etc.
    If you plan to get your normal calories between 7:30pm and 5:30am, it will be a challenge. Some weight lifting will be important to preserve muscle but I would keep it light since your blood sugar etc might be off a little. Try to eat an hour before you exercise and eat about 30 grams of protein immed after the exercise.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Himmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    If you plan to get your normal calories between 7:30pm and 5:30am, it will be a challenge. Some weight lifting will be important to preserve muscle but I would keep it light since your blood sugar etc might be off a little. Try to eat an hour before you exercise and eat about 30 grams of protein immed after the exercise.
    Im not really worried about muscle for now. I am just looking to lose weight.

KyleX5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, don't take the protein RIGHT after the workout, if you wait an hour you'll get 99% protein synthesis. If you take the protein right after you have horrible protein synthesis and it will be wasted. But do eat some carbs to help your body a little. Just don't eat too much.

If you want to loose weight, here is a guideline:
    *Eat a lot of fruit, your body will be able to digest all of it and it won't be reserved as fat.
    *Stay away from dairy and dark meat
    *Eat chicken, etc.
    *DO eat eggs in the morning, but not too much, while the yellow section is pure fat, remember there are chemicals, enzymes, etc that actually assist the body with digestion and you will not keep all of that fat, it will even help digest more than just the fat on the eggs.
    *Stay away from nuts, maybe only have a couple for a little energy, but they have a lot of fat.
    *Eat 5-6 times a day to speed up the metabolism. Eating only once will slow your metabolism due to the body knowing it has to retain more energy to make it through the day.
    *Stay away from alcoholic beverages
    *Stay away from sugar and grains.

If you follow what I said, trust me, you will loose weight. Also, I would suggest trying Catalyst from AdvoCare: http://www.advocare.com/Products/Ite...ode=T2010&id=A

Its a great product. The best part is it doesn't ruin your liver like most of the other fat burners. A lot of my friends that wrestle or swim use Catalyst, it preserves muscle but burns the fat. Its by far the best fat burner I've ever seen.

You won't be able to do the 5-6 meals a day until Ramadan is over. But at least you will be able to do it when it is over. And its not just the exercise that determines how much you loose, but the diet as well. So just follow what all I said and you'll see a great difference. Stay away from beer or anything alcoholic ( I'm not sure if its against your religion to drink or not... No offense meant, I truly don't know ). Don't eat anything with sugar, and try to stay away from grains.

Be sure to show everyone how it works for you. I hope you see improvements soon. Also, remember people who are fat can remain the same weight, but be loosing fat and gaining muscle. Don't use the scale as the judge, but the mirror instead. The scale CAN be discouraging.

Don't use an elliptical trainer, I find actually running outside much more beneficial. Maybe thats just me...

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HAMMID, I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH ABOVE. ALSO, YOU DO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MUSCLE. IF YOU LOSE FAT AND MUSCLE DURING RAMADAN, YOU WILL SLOW YOUR METABOLISM AND BE MORE LIKELY TO GAIN BACK THE FAT LATER. MUSCLE SHOULD BE PRESERVED AT ALL COSTS!

I take the protein RIGHT after the workout and get great protein synthesis.

*Eat a lot of fruit, your body will be able to digest all of it and it won't be reserved as fat.

ANY EXCESS CALORIES YOU EAT BECOME FAT.

I EAT THESE ALL DAY LONG. DARK MEAT IS DARK B/C IT HAS A HIGHER RATIO OF MITOCHONDRIA. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT IF YOU'RE TRYING TO IMPROVE FITNESS OR GET BIGGER.

*Eat chicken, etc.

DUH

*DO eat eggs in the morning, but not too much, while the yellow section is pure fat, remember there are chemicals, enzymes, etc that actually assist the body with digestion and you will not keep all of that fat, it will even help digest more than just the fat on the eggs.

I EAT EGGS DAILY AT ANY TIME. THE YOLK CONTAINS THE CHOLESTEROL BUT IT ALSO CONTAINS NATURAL EMULSIFIERS. WHOLE EGGS FROM HEATHLY CHICKENS ARE ONE OF THE BEST FOODS ON EARTH AND HAVE MORE VITAMINS THAN MANY VEGETABLES.

*Stay away from nuts, maybe only have a couple for a little energy, but they have a lot of fat.

THE FAT IN NUTS IS MOSTLY MONO-UNSATURATED FAT WHICH IS THE KIND YOU WANT. FAT FROM NUTS IS IDEAL AND IT COMES WITH PROTEIN.

*Eat 5-6 times a day to speed up the metabolism.

THERE IS NO SCIENCE PROVING THIS YET ALTHOUGH IT WILL KEEP YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL EVEN. ONE PROBLEM, THE OP CANNOT EAT FROM 5:30 AM TO 7:30 PM.

*Stay away from alcoholic beverages - OK IN MODERATION

*Stay away from sugar and grains. NO REASON FOR THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ALLERGIES. ALL FOOD IS CONVERTED TO SUGAR FOR ENERGY AND ALL STORED ENERGY (EXCEPT EXCESS FAT) IS GLYCOGEN - A COMPLEX SUGAR.

ld suggest trying Catalyst from AdvoCare:

MOST FAT BURNERS ARE MOSTLY CAFFEINE. YOU CAN GET THAT CHEAPER AND WITHOUT OTHER ADDED CHEMICALS JUST BY DRINKING COFFEE (200-400 MG OF CAFFEINE) AN HOUR BEFORE WORKING OUT.

HAMMID, I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH ABOVE. ALSO, YOU DO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MUSCLE. IF YOU LOSE FAT AND MUSCLE DURING RAMADAN, YOU WILL SLOW YOUR METABOLISM AND BE MORE LIKELY TO GAIN BACK THE FAT LATER. MUSCLE SHOULD BE PRESERVED AT ALL COSTS!

I take the protein RIGHT after the workout and get great protein synthesis.

ANY EXCESS CALORIES YOU EAT BECOME FAT.

I EAT THESE ALL DAY LONG. DARK MEAT IS DARK B/C IT HAS A HIGHER RATIO OF MITOCHONDRIA. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT IF YOU'RE TRYING TO IMPROVE FITNESS OR GET BIGGER.

*Eat chicken, etc.

DUH

I EAT EGGS DAILY AT ANY TIME. THE YOLK CONTAINS THE CHOLESTEROL BUT IT ALSO CONTAINS NATURAL EMULSIFIERS. WHOLE EGGS FROM HEATHLY CHICKENS ARE ONE OF THE BEST FOODS ON EARTH AND HAVE MORE VITAMINS THAN MANY VEGETABLES.

THE FAT IN NUTS IS MOSTLY MONO-UNSATURATED FAT WHICH IS THE KIND YOU WANT. FAT FROM NUTS IS IDEAL AND IT COMES WITH PROTEIN.

*Eat 5-6 times a day to speed up the metabolism.

THERE IS NO SCIENCE PROVING THIS YET ALTHOUGH IT WILL KEEP YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL EVEN. ONE PROBLEM, THE OP CANNOT EAT FROM 5:30 AM TO 7:30 PM.

*Stay away from alcoholic beverages - OK IN MODERATION

*Stay away from sugar and grains. NO REASON FOR THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE ALLERGIES. ALL FOOD IS CONVERTED TO SUGAR FOR ENERGY AND ALL STORED ENERGY (EXCEPT EXCESS FAT) IS GLYCOGEN - A COMPLEX SUGAR.

ld suggest trying Catalyst from AdvoCare:

MOST FAT BURNERS ARE MOSTLY CAFFEINE. YOU CAN GET THAT CHEAPER AND WITHOUT OTHER ADDED CHEMICALS JUST BY DRINKING COFFEE (200-400 MG OF CAFFEINE) AN HOUR BEFORE WORKING OUT.
    Hmm, you seem like a true fool. Try what I suggested, then judge it. Also, there are different kinds of sugars. The sugar you get from alcoholic beverages, etc are ****. Wanna know how about 6 liters of vodka are made? 12 kilo's of Dextrose, yeast, and water.

And have you ever heard of green tea leaves assisting with fat loss? I would suppose not. And about the fruit will give you more energy and trust me, if you do get any fat from it, it will hardly be any at all. What I meant was eat the fruit throughout the day.

Hes after fat loss you retard, why would you suggest dark meat?!!? Dark meat has about 2.5X the amount of fat content that white meats do. The different fats being bad/good are myths. Both of them have downsides. The only difference is one ups the chances of cancer, the other increases the chances of heart disease ( or heart attack, can't remember exactly ).

The sugar from Dextrose, alcohol, etc will NEVER be digested in your digestive system. Also, how much dark meat does the average male have undigested in his system? Wasn't it about 5 pounds? You're giving some great recommendations about what all to use. Look at the ingredients in Catalyst, then talk trash about it.

And the metabolism speeding up with more meals has been proven.

Stop talking in all caps, and look into what you say more before you start talking and saying my advice is a load of crap.

Also, the Catalyst helps preserve muscle. Nice going ;-).

Originally Posted by KyleX5 View Post
    Hmm, you seem like a true fool. Try what I suggested, then judge it. Also, there are different kinds of sugars. The sugar you get from alcoholic beverages, etc are ****. Wanna know how about 6 liters of vodka are made? 12 kilo's of Dextrose, yeast, and water.

And have you ever heard of green tea leaves assisting with fat loss? I would suppose not. And about the fruit will give you more energy and trust me, if you do get any fat from it, it will hardly be any at all. What I meant was eat the fruit throughout the day.

Hes after fat loss you retard, why would you suggest dark meat?!!? Dark meat has about 2.5X the amount of fat content that white meats do. The different fats being bad/good are myths. Both of them have downsides. The only difference is one ups the chances of cancer, the other increases the chances of heart disease ( or heart attack, can't remember exactly ).

The sugar from Dextrose, alcohol, etc will NEVER be digested in your digestive system. Also, how much dark meat does the average male have undigested in his system? Wasn't it about 5 pounds? You're giving some great recommendations about what all to use. Look at the ingredients in Catalyst, then talk trash about it.

And the metabolism speeding up with more meals has been proven.

Stop talking in all caps, and look into what you say more before you start talking and saying my advice is a load of crap.

Also, the Catalyst helps preserve muscle. Nice going ;-).
    Sorry, the caps were just to offset my text from yours.

Who drinks 6 litres of Vodka!?! I drink about 20 oz of Vodka per year!
    I made no comment about fruit, only excess calories.

Yes, I am familar with thermogenics' "other" ingredients like green tea, etc. My point is that the majority of the work from a thermo is from the caffeine.
    If green tea is a miracle, you can drink coffee and green tea as beverages much cheaper.

Proper fat intake is essential for proper fat loss. If he's fasting 14 hours per day for a month, he's gonna need it.

I'm not sure why you feel name-calling has any place here? Says a lot about you.
    I am allowed to disagree and the OP is allowed to make his choice.

Also, I'd love to read your sources on the good/bad fat "myth" as well as the proof that more frequent meals are "proven."

Thanks.

I'm not saying someone drinks 6 liters of vodka ( some do, but oh well ), but thats just an idea of how alcohol is made. Each alcoholic beverage is made from different things, grains, corn, hops, sugar, grapes, etc. But when they fermentate they all act the same in the end. Ever wondered why people have beer bellies? Regardless of how much it effects someone, for someone wanting to loose fat, they should DEFINITELY stay away from alcoholic beverages.

Look at catalyst, you'll see the difference with it and other fat loss supplements.

http://www.ravnskov.nu/myth1.htm <- LDL causing heart disease. If you don't trust the link, look for yourself. You'll see.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._v9/ai_9197639 <- HDL and breast cancer. Again, if you don't trust the link then look for yourself.

Also, talk to your doctor and see what they say about the down sides of HDL and LDL. They might tell you something I missed.

This man will have to follow the meal portion of my advice when he gets finishes fasting.

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/...etabolism.html <- There is just a simple web page on the metabolism speeding up. Again, PLEASE call your doctor and ask them.

You understand how the human metabolism works correct? If someone eats only 1 or 2 meals a day, the body is going to know it has to store the food as long as possible since its not fed often. So what happens? The metabolism slows down, more fat is stored. If someone eats 5+ meals a day, the body knows it will be fed soon enough, so the metabolism speeds up, knowing it won't have to store fat to prevent the body from breaking down the muscle for energy.

Have you ever wondered why the more meals you eat ( if you are already somewhat skinny ) you look skinnier through the day if you eat right? Some people might also notice they loose some water weight when they drink more water, again, the body knows it doesn't have to preserve the water for longer periods if one keeps giving himself water.

I am sorry about going off with the name calling and such. I know we are both offering this man help, and I shouldn't have gone off on you. I do appreciate your input, and perhaps we can both learn something from each other to further our knowledge on weight loss. No one can know it all, but we can get close with the help of each other.

Originally Posted by KyleX5 View Post
    I'm not saying someone drinks 6 liters of vodka ( some do, but oh well ), but thats just an idea of how alcohol is made. Each alcoholic beverage is made from different things, grains, corn, hops, sugar, grapes, etc. But when they fermentate they all act the same in the end. Ever wondered why people have beer bellies? Regardless of how much it effects someone, for someone wanting to loose fat, they should DEFINITELY stay away from alcoholic beverages.

Look at catalyst, you'll see the difference with it and other fat loss supplements.

http://www.ravnskov.nu/myth1.htm <- LDL causing heart disease. If you don't trust the link, look for yourself. You'll see.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._v9/ai_9197639 <- HDL and breast cancer. Again, if you don't trust the link then look for yourself.

Also, talk to your doctor and see what they say about the down sides of HDL and LDL. They might tell you something I missed.

This man will have to follow the meal portion of my advice when he gets finishes fasting.

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/...etabolism.html <- There is just a simple web page on the metabolism speeding up. Again, PLEASE call your doctor and ask them.

You understand how the human metabolism works correct? If someone eats only 1 or 2 meals a day, the body is going to know it has to store the food as long as possible since its not fed often. So what happens? The metabolism slows down, more fat is stored. If someone eats 5+ meals a day, the body knows it will be fed soon enough, so the metabolism speeds up, knowing it won't have to store fat to prevent the body from breaking down the muscle for energy.

Have you ever wondered why the more meals you eat ( if you are already somewhat skinny ) you look skinnier through the day if you eat right? Some people might also notice they loose some water weight when they drink more water, again, the body knows it doesn't have to preserve the water for longer periods if one keeps giving himself water.

I am sorry about going off with the name calling and such. I know we are both offering this man help, and I shouldn't have gone off on you. I do appreciate your input, and perhaps we can both learn something from each other to further our knowledge on weight loss. No one can know it all, but we can get close with the help of each other.
    Peace.

There is a lot of info out there and, of course, in my 16 years of lifting, I have read articles that completely contradict each other over and over again. As we all must do, I do factor in personal experience.

I have experience with fasting and my avatar pic is the result of eating the way I explained. I will read the articles you posted.

PS- Most of the drunks I know are super skinny! Ha ha. Well, no, that's not really funny.

You definitely do look good in those pics. Very lean for sure. Do you ever have to diet specially to drop weight? Or does your diet allow you to gain weight while looking pretty lean? And I definitely know what you mean about the articles completely contradicting each other. So as we both agree, knowing which one actually works comes from personal experience.

Yeah, I know a lot of drunks that are underweight. But the majority of the people that drink a lot of beer I know have the beer bellies. Again, it depends on the body I suppose. Personally I stay away from all of it.

For me, when I need to drop weight, I stick to eating a lot of fruit like berries, fish and chicken, as long as they aren't cooked in fat, breaded, or anything of the sort.

Thanks. I hover around 8-10% year 'round. I can't muster the discipline to get below 8% unless I had a goal to compete, whcih I don't. I don't believe in bulk/cut (even if it would work for me). My lowest was 4% until I as about 19 years old (didn't even try back then!).

Got any pics?

Ok so I will start lifting on 3 days of the week and do cardio the other 3.

Now the supplements I have are

Amino Acid's
    L-Gluatmine
    On Whey Protein
    Also take Fiber with the protein.

When should I be taking these supplements? Why does it say to take the L-Gluatmine and Amino Acids before a work out?

Now, I will be eating in the morning. Now what I want to know is when it is time to break fast. How should I go about it. So I eat something small, then go work out, then eat a larger meal after. Or should I eat a normal size meal, go work out, then eat another normal size meal again. I would need to know this for my cardio days and for my lifting days.

bump