Thread: soloflex

supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supp diez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

soloflex

hey i was jus wondering if any of u guys have ever used this and if they found it to be any good

NoEasyWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoEasyWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by supp diez
    hey i was jus wondering if any of u guys have ever used this and if they found it to be any good
    I have used a soloflex for a year and a half and would not recommend it to anyone. It was great for starting on because I was so out of shape (360 pounds) I recently bought free weights and when I started to use them I had to drop from working out 5 days a week to 3 days a week because of soreness. Also exercises like bench press dropped at least 30 pounds from the soloflex bands to the free weights. After a couple weeks everything is fine again and im back on the 5 day a week workout schedule. I would for sure go with free weights I could not belive the improved difference over the soloflex bands!
    Last edited by NoEasyWay; 06-25-2006 at 09:37 AM.

Jleeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use a combination of freeweights and the Soloflex for my workouts. IMO the Soloflex is a awesome machine. It will give you a great workout and also gives you the freedom to add conventional weights. You can work every muscle in your body on the Soloflex and I really like the pull-up and dips features.

I know alot of people will say that freeweights are the only way to go but I have seen just as good of results in the areas I use my Soloflex on as in the areas I use freeweights on.

I highly recommend the Soloflex. I've been using mine for about 6 years and it works great.

DPLongo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPLongo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPLongo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I purchased my FIRST Soloflex in the early 1980's. Another 10 years later after a divorce ate the first one. Good starter machine but you will top out and some exercises suffer where form is concerned. I sold the 2nd in 1998 and purchased Powerblocks and a bench, which was the best move I ever made.

jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jchrisf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    About the only thing I was ever impressed with on my Soloflex was the leg extension and curl. Everything else didn't feel right like it does with free weights except the pull ups and dips of course. I sold mine today for $50 and paid $900 back in the late 80's for it. Got a Powertec Power Rack and some free weights now

fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fbank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also used a Soloflex in the past. It is a well built machine and I did see some gains. It doesn't take up much space and it's good for body weight exercises. However, I personally don't like the non-linear resistance of the bands. I ended up using weight plates with the machine and eventually I went to a cage with free weights. Another thing about the bands is that they will tear after a while which is an inconvenience while you wait for your replacement to arrive.

eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eds133 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man.. dont waste ur money on this.. my friend has one and he hates it. if ur wanting to put on muscle and ur descently in shape this thing wont challenge u to much. Whats your price range u were lookin for?

polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a soloflex and i only use it for dips, pull ups, and stiff legged deadlifts. Aside from those uses, the soloflex is basically crap.

redeye1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have had mine for 14 yrs it held up better the all of my other benches i have ever owned very well built i used free weights on it also,but i actually just sold it only because i have no room for it anymore and i go to the gym now since i have no room for treadmills or bicycles and more free weights but it is a good machine but everyone has there opinion

jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackleg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have never actually 'used' one, but I did try out a friend's roommate's Soloflex. I also watched him workout.

I was not impressed with how it felt or how it sounded.

I used to love the infomercial and still have a video of it that was sent to me when I requested information.

I would not reccommend the Solflex.

nematon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nematon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If You Must Have It Buy Used!

Ive had 2 of them, both were junk. If I hadn't sold the second I would have made it into a heavy bag stand or something. You will not see decent gains from one of these compared to free weights or even a decent machine. whatever you do do not pay new price! they can be had used for $150. I put an ad in the paper that said "will pay $150 for soloflex machine in good condition" and I got lots of calls, and I live way out in the sticks! (and if you have one, the good news is, they sell easily for that amount also) Buy it if you must, but you will see, they are not real equipment.

John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1224 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Get it ASAP

They are the creators of the first infomercial

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Strong 8 year bump!

[]---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's another one of my old party pics. This party wasn't quite as much fun as the other one I posted a pic of.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Here's another one of my old party pics. This party wasn't quite as much fun as the other one I posted a pic of.

That's so hot. . . I miss 1977. Where is the other pic?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    That's so hot. . . I miss 1977. Where is the other pic?
    Here is the other party.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Here is the other party.

Oh yeah Cougarville.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Registered User fabtechprerunne's Avatar
    fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10) fabtechprerunne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've owned one. They're garbage, Seriously. I sold mine for $50.00 on craigslist.