shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dad thinks whey protein is bad...reps for help

Yah, you read it right, i said whey protein. My dad is being really ignorant and saying that it probably has bad affects for long term, it cant be part of a healthy diet, its not good for me, etc. I already told him he was retarded and tried to explain stuff to him but hes being very closed-minded. I know that its a great supp. and has no side affects but he doesnt.

Ill give reps to people who help me find good articles on the pros of whey protein and how its good for you. I tried searching myself but am limited on time and havent found any articles that would be up to his standards or whaterver. Help will be greatly appreciated.

thanx

Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason.H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How about the fact that it is derived from milk? Does he not let you drink milk either?

The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000)
    find your own articles. you don't even have any reps
    MustangRob

I am owed reps by:

Idontakefishoil
    RavenStorm
    cupra16
    RavenStorm
    Tech2TheLimit
    Mansewerz
    akaswolebd
    Baba_ghanoush
    nuttybl

MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by shaq oneal
    Yah, you read it right, i said whey protein. My dad is being really ignorant and saying that it probably has bad affects for long term, it cant be part of a healthy diet, its not good for me, etc. I already told him he was retarded and tried to explain stuff to him but hes being very closed-minded. I know that its a great supp. and has no side affects but he doesnt.

Ill give reps to people who help me find good articles on the pros of whey protein and how its good for you. I tried searching myself but am limited on time and havent found any articles that would be up to his standards or whaterver. Help will be greatly appreciated.

thanx
    Protein is protein, sure it may be in a powdered form, but so can milk and people and doctors say that's healthy (but tastes bad).
    And the amino acids just help break the protein down, so it's easy to digest.
    And there are no dangerous ingrediants like hormones or anything, just natural ingrediants (except flavor). Read the label, are there any age limits?

The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000) The Iceman is just really nice. (+1000)
    MustangRob

I am owed reps by:

Idontakefishoil
    RavenStorm
    cupra16
    RavenStorm
    Tech2TheLimit
    Mansewerz
    akaswolebd
    Baba_ghanoush
    nuttybl

MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleScience21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I got a link to a pro's site all about protein.

http://www.leehayward.com/protein_part1.htm
    http://www.leehayward.com/protein_part2.htm
    http://www.leehayward.com/protein_part3.htm

These sites are real good info for all your protein needs.

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by abs_pls
    find your own articles. you don't even have any reps
    Yes don't help him b/c he has no repping power...

That would make a jackass

First off If you're dad is just being thick headed I can't think of anything to do but put him on these forums and unleash some of the E-thugs... But if there is a chance...

Just explain to him it's simply protein in powdered form. Bam end of discussion. If he doesn't support protein tell him to stop buying anything containing it (which is about everything).

A very common response to this is "Then why can't you just get protein from food?" Well just tell him that it is the best, highest quality protein taken from the food and bc it is whey protein as well as just protein it's absorption rates are very fast, which is extremely important. However abs is somewhat right. If you want proof on this google it yourself.

fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fifty $ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shaq oneal

thanx
    Sorry bud, but I don't think showing your dad a good article about whey protein is going to convince him to let you use it. His excuse will be:" Well how can I trust strangers online?" And you already called him a retard, so don't get your hopes up.
    Your not alone either though. Plenty of guys on these forums, even me are not allowed to take whey protein. Your best bet is to get some high protein foods like tuna, cottage cheese, eggs, etc. I assure you that you can get just as big eating the right foods without supplements then with them.
    Keep on truckin, take everything that life throws at you.

Mike
    DON'T DRINK AND POST!

Originally Posted by Aftershock
    Yes don't help him b/c he has no repping power...

That would make a jackass

First off If you're dad is just being thick headed I can't think of anything to do but put him on these forums and unleash some of the E-thugs... But if there is a chance...

Just explain to him it's simply protein in powdered form. Bam end of discussion. If he doesn't support protein tell him to stop buying anything containing it (which is about everything).

A very common response to this is "Then why can't you just get protein from food?" Well just tell him that it is the best, highest quality protein taken from the food and bc it is whey protein as well as just protein it's absorption rates are very fast, which is extremely important. However abs is somewhat right. If you want proof on this google it yourself.

i did help him, which would make u a jackass :P

nah, i just didn't see why he said he'll rep for it
    MustangRob

I am owed reps by:

Idontakefishoil
    RavenStorm
    cupra16
    RavenStorm
    Tech2TheLimit
    Mansewerz
    akaswolebd
    Baba_ghanoush
    nuttybl

Ex-Teen BBer of the Week DieselFella's Avatar
    DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieselFella has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Some sweeteners in Whey protein are harmful.

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DieselFella
    Some sweeteners in Whey protein are harmful.
    Okay please type why??
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Actual Size
    Okay please type why??

Mono sodium glutamite (something along that spelling) can be found in some flavored whey. Google it, it's not good.

jah191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm lucky because my parents are cool about supplements I take, mainly cuz they see me eating healthy and know that I care about my health so I wouldnt eat harmful things.

I think that alot of parents get worried by the artwork and words on most bodybuilding supplement containers. Things like "XXXPLOSIVE POWER JUICE" probably make most parents nervous even if it is just a weight gainer shake or something. Just explain that its just marketing and show your dad the actual ingredients.

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Alright, for an applicable point, let's avoid studies (because no father is going to care to read that ****, I don't even bother unless it is new and groundbreaking...like hydrolyzed casein).

Ask your father if he has ever eaten cheese. If so, tell him he's had whey protein because it is found in roughly 1-2% of cheese. It is completely natural, and there is nothing wrong with it. It isn't synthetic.
    NSCA-CPT.

shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10) shaq oneal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys. Y'all rock. I didnt know about the rep power stuff before i posted this. My bad. Ill show him some of these links and maybe he wont be so close minded to it. Im even willing to pay but he still says no. Whatever, I think i can get it somehow. Thanks for your time.

platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so chicken and other meats are bad in long term right?

Genetically imperfected. Thaript1's Avatar
    Thaript1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thaript1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thaript1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thaript1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man,

I had the same problem (kinda). My mom wouldn't let me get whey because she thought it was some kind of steroid [innocent stupidity ] At my next physical I asked my doctor and guess what...he not only said they were alright to take, he even recommended them. I simply asked him to write a note to my mom explaining that whey is indeed beneficial and he did...Now I use whey protein and creatine. Just ask your doctor. Good luck man, talk to ya lata.

DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    try going on to this helpful website. tells about the pros of whey protein http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/whey.html rep me please. thanks

ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ethan hawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    take it anways and dont let him know

april 15 bulk starting weight:138
    current weight: was 140 lost 5 pounds from being sick
    so i went down to 135
    now 138
    goal weight: 170

bench:160

bulking

just started this new split

monday: chest/triceps/abs
    tuesday: off
    wednesday: biceps/back/shoulders/forearms