speedafk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deads and squats more than once a week?

Hey there,

It's been suggested that I do more than one grouping of squats and deadlifts a week, but I was wondering if this is a good idea, in light of the general rule of not working out a muscle group more than once a week. Would it be alright (and above that, a good idea) to do both twice a week? Thank you very much for your help!

Gettin My Swole On microrahsheen's Avatar
    microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by speedafk View Post
    Hey there,

It's been suggested that I do more than one grouping of squats and deadlifts a week, but I was wondering if this is a good idea, in light of the general rule of not working out a muscle group more than once a week. Would it be alright (and above that, a good idea) to do both twice a week? Thank you very much for your help!
    With rippetoes, you squat 3x a week (3x5) and DL twice (1x5). Each for 3 sets of 5. That program is for beginners to pack on some mass so I think you should be ok depending on intensity and diet.

I, personally, would love to DL heavy everyday cuz I just love doing it, but I don't think it would be a good idea...

KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10) KnjazVovk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Probably depends on your routine and goal. If you wanted to gain strength and decided to squat twice a week, I'd avoid failure most of the time.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the 'general rule' is bull****, it works for some people while other people get greater resutls both in size and strength training the same muscles more than once a week. I myself squat 3-4x a week, I don't do conventional deadlifts in training anymore but I do a lot of snatches, cleans, pulls, and romanian deadlifts and gaining alot in size, strength, and conditioning.

it really depends on your goals, strengths, conditioning, and how you want to structure your routine, for most people wanting to try higher frequency training I think either a 3 day a week fullbody routine or a 2x a week upper/lower split would work nicely.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Last winter I was doing an upper body lower body split. It had me doing 1 day of front squats/deadlifts and another day of back squats/stiff leg deadlifts. It was a pretty nice routine, but intense. But there is no rule saying you can't do those exercises more than once a week.
    Blue jays/Spartans/Colts