heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hungry Man tv dinners

Hi, I'm starting a 2000-2100 calorie diet. I need to start eating high in calorie meals. So I figure hungry-man will help. But I have two questions. Will the fat content in the meals make me fat(sat fat)? I'm going to be building muscle and my goal is to lose body fat. And second, I noticed on the box it says "1lb of food." It won't literally make me gain an extra pound will it?

It's also got a lot of fat, are most of the fats in the meal healthy fats?
    My rippetoe "gym" program journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4310463

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1 of them would be half your caloric intake for the day.

They are not healthy fats, and probably contain trans fats.

bad choice.

heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyimaniceguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    1 of them would be half your caloric intake for the day.

They are not healthy fats, and probably contain trans fats.

bad choice.
    I know trans fats are bad for you. Just didn't know it contained them.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by heyimaniceguy View Post
    I know trans fats are bad for you. Just didn't know it contained them.
    more than likely, if the ingredient list says hydrogenated oil they have them.

further more...why do you need to start consuming high calorie meals if your only eating 2100 calories?

jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jcrue11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some of those Hungry man meals have upwards of 1200 calories, that would be over half of your calories in one meal. 2000-2100 calories doesn't require high calorie meals, and at your weight you should maybe eat more than that if you're looking to put on muscle.
    Crush your enemies,
    See them driven before you,
    And hear the lamentations of their women

PSN: jcrue11

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    im only just over 3000 calories and i dont even eat meals that high in calories
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alley-oop21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd stay away from those..

Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Mojo Risin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    meals in a box? those are for divorced guys who watch football with sweatpants and a gut hanging out of thier size medium state high school t-shirt...run away, just run away
    "Death makes angels of us all, and gives us wings were we once had shoulders as smooth as ravens claws." - James Douglas Morrison

PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Risin View Post
    meals in a box? those are for divorced guys who watch football with sweatpants and a gut hanging out of thier size medium state high school t-shirt...run away, just run away
    x2
    De Novo Lipogenesis

Life is Simple, make choices and don't look back.

Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Go buy yourself 5-10lb of skinned/boned chicken breast, Some potatoes, some gravy mix, and a cook book.

While you are at it throw in some oat meal, some steaks, lean ground beef, tuna, whole wheat bread, Milk, Brown Rice, eggs, Some pasta, some sauces & condiments, grapefruit, cottage cheese, some apples, A good multivitamin, and what ever kind of cheat or candy you want for snacks.

Live off of that for about 2 months and you will be looking pretty good. Obviously you dont have to start being a health nut all at once. It is best to develop at your own pace so you do not get burned out on eating healthy and lifting. But Starting at "hungry man" is NOT the road to accomplishment.

IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    they are horrible in every sense of the word. there is absolutely nothing worse than a meal that is sooooo bad for you nutrionally , and yet it tastes even ****tier
    freed from desire. mind and senses purified.

Originally Posted by Inev View Post
    Go buy yourself 5-10lb of skinned/boned chicken breast, Some potatoes, some gravy mix, and a cook book.

While you are at it throw in some oat meal, some steaks, lean ground beef, tuna, whole wheat bread, Milk, Brown Rice, eggs, Some pasta, some sauces & condiments, grapefruit, cottage cheese, some apples, A good multivitamin, and what ever kind of cheat or candy you want for snacks.

Live off of that for about 2 months and you will be looking pretty good. Obviously you dont have to start being a health nut all at once. It is best to develop at your own pace so you do not get burned out on eating healthy and lifting. But Starting at "hungry man" is NOT the road to accomplishment.
    I thought I seen some hungry man meals around 500-600. I was just wondering if I could eat these for breakfast or lunch. But I guess not. I think I will do that(buy a cook book). I really have no idea what to make when it comes to food. Thanks.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by heyimaniceguy View Post
    I thought I seen some hungry man meals around 500-600. I was just wondering if I could eat these for breakfast or lunch. But I guess not. I think I will do that(buy a cook book). I really have no idea what to make when it comes to food. Thanks.
    You definitely could. Everyone in this forum overreacts towards food that isn't 100% "clean" for no reason

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile Hungry Man Nutrition Facts . . .

After reading this thread I started wondering just how bad these dinners rly were, so I found this website that has nutrition facts all the Swanson frozen meals:

http://www.calorie-count.com/calorie...urer/1236.html

Actually, they weren't as bad as I was expecting, but still far from healthy eating IMO. Here r a couple of Hungry Man examples:

Hungry Man White Meat Fried Chicken Dinner:

710 calories
    29g fat (7g saturated)
    86g carbs (30g sugars)
    34g protein
    6g fiber
    2160 mg sodium

Hungry Man Meatloaf Dinner

680 calories
    37g fat (1g saturated)
    61 g carbs (29g sugars)
    29g protein
    5g fiber
    990 mg sodium

By way of comparison, both of these examples have over twice the calories and 4 times the fat content of a typical Healthy Choice frozen meal, which is what I eat in a pinch when I don't have any home-cooked food.
    Last edited by skinnyboipgh; 09-15-2007 at 01:06 AM.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

Oh yeah, that's a staple in any healthy diet...

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if ur 220 lbs and going to be taking in 2100 calories a day u said u were trying to get bigger.. ur going to be going the other way taking in that many calories

any word of advice..

anything frozen TV dinner = STAY AWAY FROM

go to sams/costco and buy up in bulk.. eggs, chicken, milk, tuna, oatmeal, whole wheat breads, veggies, fruits, peanut butter, almonds, olive oil

and make ur own meals.. 100x better for you and they will be a lot better in taste then anything like a hungryman dinner.. u will get some terrible trans fats and HFCS from those TV dinners

words of advice: dont go buy frozen TV dinners from the store anymore those are for people who cant move off their couch and have to have their broke ass wife bring it to them because they cant seem to find their face out of the potato chip bag

ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ybgam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you need quick/cheap i recommend boston market. I literally eat a whole chicken and like 2cups of string beans/2cups sweet potato when I go there.

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post

words of advice: dont go buy frozen TV dinners from the store anymore those are for people who cant move off their couch and have to have their broke ass wife bring it to them because they cant seem to find their face out of the potato chip bag
    ...wtf?

Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Revolver45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't need high calorie meals if you're only taking in 2100 calories a day. You should be able to attain that no problem while eating clean healthy foods.
    Blue jays/Spartans/Colts

fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100)
    they are delicious and a great deal when on sale.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fitbrah View Post
    they are delicious and a great deal when on sale.
    Pointless epic bump retardbrah

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    if ur 220 lbs and going to be taking in 2100 calories a day u said u were trying to get bigger.. ur going to be going the other way taking in that many calories

any word of advice..

anything frozen TV dinner = STAY AWAY FROM

go to sams/costco and buy up in bulk.. eggs, chicken, milk, tuna, oatmeal, whole wheat breads, veggies, fruits, peanut butter, almonds, olive oil

and make ur own meals.. 100x better for you and they will be a lot better in taste then anything like a hungryman dinner.. u will get some terrible trans fats and HFCS from those TV dinners

what this guy said.... even they maybe labeled "healthy choice" or "lean cuisine" or "weight watchers" and be low in calories, the artificial chemicals in them are not worth it

adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Current PR's (1RM)

Bench - 285 lb
    Squat - 320 lb
    Deads - 365 lb

seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seminolePUMP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what about for bulking? i need as much food as i can get. is it better than fast food?

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by seminolePUMP View Post
    what about for bulking? i need as much food as i can get. is it better than fast food?
    it is fast food , so no. you can bulk when you eat real food too. learn to cook .. potatoes with fatty cheese turn up the calories

muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10) muscell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you want to eat this piece of shiet?

fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100) fitbrah is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by muscell View Post
    you want to eat this piece of shiet?

looks good just add some Tabasco

moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why are people bumping old threads?
    People need to get negged.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by moneyrich View Post
    Why are people bumping old threads?
    People need to get negged.
    I neg everyone who does

KingKai10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nothing wrong here

Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    You definitely could. Everyone in this forum overreacts towards food that isn't 100% "clean" for no reason
    Fareal. Clean bulks only work for people who have a lot of money and a lot of time. Dirty bulk won't hurt you as long as it's not lifelong thing.