Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Large Muscle Groups = Low Volume; Small = High Volume .. ?

Hey fella's. I was just curious about a subject. Well, after doing an HST cycle my large body muscles like back (lats especially), chest (upper chest), and shoulders (med-delts), and legs have all grown a lot. My arms .. nope. They don't seem to be getting any bigger since Thanksgiving when that was just 1 month after I started lifting so I got the newbie gains.

I have never really went high volume with my arms, and with HST it's low volume but high frequency, and my larger muscle groups all grew and got very strong. My arms, in terms of strengh and size haven't really progressed. I did a stardard 3 x 10 5 day split routine from October to Novemeber when I started, then did Max-OT from December to February, then started HST. So I never really did high volume.

Is it scientifically proven or just known that for MOST people, larger muscles groups don't need as much volume, while smaller muscle groups like calves, biceps, etc need higher volume to stimuate enough microtrauma? Now keep in mind I'm trying to cut back on calories to lose BF .. so the lack of calories could be the reasons why my arms aren't growing, but then how come the rest of my body did?

Comments highly appreciated. I wonder if I should elimiate isolating the arms from my routine and increasing the intensities of my back and chest routines .. or increase their isolations much more?
    I've still got a lot to learn.

i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) i3eal2sfan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i always thought you needed more volume on bigger muscles because they are bigger and have more fibers and also you use the smaller muscle to work the bigger. lats use bi chest use tri

not sure about this tho

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah I'm not sure either that's why I asked. Anyone?
    I've still got a lot to learn.

Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Large muscle groups = more sets
    Small muscle groups = less sets.

I only do 5 sets for biceps and triceps
    And more like 10 for bigger ones

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Different muscles will respond differently to volume. With practice you'll learn wich of YOUR muscles respond better to volume and wich respond better to intensity.