Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up O/T- as a teen, what is your take on the new pope?

pope benedict the XVI.

what are your views, opinions on him?

JC

p.s.-plz keep this as serious as possible.
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Ian Villis(not real name) illwill3's Avatar
    illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) illwill3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    absolutly nothing.

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by illwill3
    absolutly nothing.
    hey, i hear that.
    i mean, it really doesnt affect many of us, be it if were catholics or not, but still, you have NOTHING to say about him, no opinions my friend?

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by juanca
    pope benedict the XVI.

JC

Well I haven't had much experience with this guy as a cardinal so I know very little about him. But I did know pope John Paul II and I absolutely loved him as pope. So I doubt I'll be behind him as much as I was with John Paul but from what I know so far I think they made a nice choice.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

pope benedict the XVI.

JC

Normally I would close one of these threads, but since you posted it I will allow it.

Please note juanca's PS everyone. I will be keeping close watch on this thread.

ANY bull**** will result in deletion of your post, probable closing of the thread, and a possible ban.

chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chris2489 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dont really know much about him.

Call Me The Space Cowboy sholiz's Avatar
    sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly ...

Conspirasts are talking about this as the end of the world, he's an ex-Nazi. Talk about fear of impending doom?
    Admin @ Iron Mass [dot] com

Originally Posted by sholiz
    Honestly ...

Conspirasts are talking about this as the end of the world, he's an ex-Nazi. Talk about fear of impending doom?

i agree with you on that.
    allthough he says that he was "forced" into the nazi youth teen group (whatever there name is anyways), that his older brother signed up and that he had no choice becuz if he didnt go, then he didnt have money for schooling.
    bogus? who knows.........

but yea, its kinda scary, for those of us who are religious and follow a certain faith/religion, certain profecies start to play into factor more.

JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Being a Christian, I was raised believing that Christ was the head of the church, not man (or pope)....
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.

sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    but yea, its kinda scary, for those of us who are religious and follow a certain faith/religion, certain profecies start to play into factor more.
    Oh I'm a Lutheran, I believe whole heartedly in Christ. But I think it's B.S. and bogus all this crap that they're spewing about his war records, ect.

Another publicity stunt by another wonderful messenger of Christ.

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Honestly ...

Meh...talk about spin. He was a teenager when he was forced to join the hitler youth. Hmm lets think about this one for a second. A teen...vs the Nazi regime. Wow! Nazis win! Big suprise there...but seriously he wasn't a damned nazi. He was actually drafted during the war, but he later fled risking execution. At first, some of his religious and political views were liberal, but Pope John Paul II (wasn't really pope at the time) convinced him to go with a more conservative/traditional approach to religion and politics. He was actually John Paul II's right hand man.

As far as what I think of him...he is basically an older Pope John Paul II, simailar beliefs and such. However, I do believe the new pope will take more action against...um..."sinners", as opposed to John Paul II who was more of a figure head of the church and took more of a "god loves you all" stance. I think he is going to make some American Catholics upset...probably alot of them.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Josh37
    Being a Christian, I was raised believing that Christ was the head of the church, not man (or pope)....
    Well, Christ is head of the church, but Christ unfortunatley is not here to talk to the millions of his believers on the physical existence we call earth. Thats what the pope is here for. He is more of a figure head than an actual "ruler" of the church. The first Pope was appointed by Christ himself...
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Originally Posted by K_muscle
    Meh...talk about spin. He was a teenager when he was forced to join the hitler youth. Hmm lets think about this one for a second. A teen...vs the Nazi regime. Wow! Nazis win! Big suprise there...but seriously he wasn't a damned nazi. He was actually drafted during the war, but he later fled risking execution. At first, some of his religious and political views were liberal, but Pope John Paul II (wasn't really pope at the time) convinced him to go with a more conservative/traditional approach to religion and politics. He was actually John Paul II's right hand man.
    Whatever the reason is, could be true about drafting ... I'm just relaying on what all I heard from other sources, so who knows what the media sugar coated it with.

helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) helloyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there is an old prophecy in germany that my grand mother told me about recently. it goes something along the lines of when a pope from bavaria (this pope is) is in the vatican that a certain bad event will happen. i'll find out properly.

Whatever the reason is, could be true about drafting ... I'm just relaying on what all I heard from other sources, so who knows what the media sugar coated it with.
    Oh I know. I wasn't saying you were spinning the story, rather the media coverage which you were talking about does it. This pope is really anti homosexuality so I'm sure the media will have their say about that too...

cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cnosaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not that great of a leader/ religious man if u cant stand up for whats right even if u die for it, but alot of germans especially youth didnt know what hitler was doing to the jews and others... they were blinded because they needed a leader so bad to first get them out of the depression and after that all the promises he made

Actually alot of Nazi's felt the Jews were inferior and needed to be removed.

Why else would a million soliders listen to Himmler?

I read stories of babies being thrown into the air and shot with automatics, shotguns, whatever means of taking them out.

nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nailed to the x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont believe in religion
    NO, I won't play that game, where the clothes make the person and we all look the same. RIGHT NOW, I have no fear, 'cause the kids will see the truth and not how it appears

Eats dogg crapp. hepennypacker52's Avatar
    hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Josh37
    I usually wouldn't post in threads like this, but, I agree.

I'm a Lutheran, and we seem to be doing just fine without a "leader". I also don't understand the point of Hail Marys, etc. But that's off topic.

josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't really care ..

Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think he looks really, really scary.
    LOLB for the Madison Warhawks #4

Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebstar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by K_muscle
    Meh...talk about spin. He was a teenager when he was forced to join the hitler youth. Hmm lets think about this one for a second. A teen...vs the Nazi regime. Wow! Nazis win! Big suprise there...but seriously he wasn't a damned nazi. He was actually drafted during the war, but he later fled risking execution.
    Being Austrian/German (YES, BOTH!) I hope I can shed some light on the situation. Why hell, my entire line-up of grandfathers, great uncles etc etc were ALL in the war. Was it their choice to fight for Hitler? Maybe. Was it their choice to be part of the Nazi regime? Possible. Can you hold a person responsible for a leader's fanaticism? HELL. NO.
    Being part of the Nazi youth group/army does not make you a Nazi. It was the way things went back then. You were either with Hitler or against him, so there wasn't much choice in the matter really. You got benefits from being in the army and while I'm not up to date with the Youth Group, I'm sure there were some benefits as well.

This guy at the dorms said something about how the new pope apparently is an ex-Nazi. I cut sick at him because first of all 99% of the population doesn't even know how offensive it is. Well, what is an ex-Nazi? Is it a person who wore a Svastika on their left sleeve? Well in that case my entire family is Nazi. So I just thought I'd voice my own opinion on "Nazis" and would also like to mention that just because people are german, doesn't make them Nazis even when they are old like the new Pope...

PS: Im an atheist and therefore really could not care less about the pope or religion.

AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy We shall see

I honestly hope he isn't as hardlined and stubborn as some of his students and mentees claim he is. The last thing we need is for the pontiff of over a billion people to condemn condom usage. Imagine the fallout of AIDS and teen pregnancies worldwide.
    "The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

My Stats:
    Height 6'1
    Weight 171lbs
    Kuwait

ARMY Strong!

BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPeters74 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im a southern baptist and don't really know much about the pope.. but do catholics think that you have to go through the pope to speak to God or what? can anyone explain this to me

Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duits887 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Couldnt care less, I'll leave it at that so as not to offend anyone

Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chelsea Smile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im an athiest, so It doesn't really affect me...but I think him being an ex-nazi is a beat weary....but I think if the cardinals voted him in so fast, with over 77
    % then....theres gotta be a good reason I suppose. I still think he's too old for the job...78. I dont know much about him or his work, so we'll just see how it goes.

EDIT : he's also against rock and roll. ( Although im not into rock 1 bit...or punk or w/e, im into rap ) I still think thats dumb, cause only like 5% of rock worhships devil...and thats a whole different genre of music, so I think thats a bit shallow minded on his part.

Registered User quit_ur_whining's Avatar
    quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quit_ur_whining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    he is following St. Benedict who was all for chasity and strick disciplinary manners so all the strict catholics will change their ways so we'll see how it unfolds

sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sportsshrink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Answer

Originally Posted by BigPeters74
    im a southern baptist and don't really know much about the pope.. but do catholics think that you have to go through the pope to speak to God or what? can anyone explain this to me

No you don't have to go through the Pope to pray. The Pope is the successor to St. Peter who was chosen to lead the Church by Christ himself. In an unbroken line from Peter himself, the Popes served as the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church. It is consistently taught in the Church that worship is reserved to God alone--meaning you can only worship God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. As a leader, the Pope is the primary teacher of Catholics and he is to be respected as you would respect the president or prime minister of a country. Anyone can pray directly to God. I hope this helps.
    To not know what happened before you were born is to always remain a child.

kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation

erm, this is seriously in the wrong section. maybe u can put it in the misc. section
    live strong, be strong

live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) live4this13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think hes to old.....I also heard that when he dies and the next pope comes.....he will be the antichrist. I cant rememvber where I heard it but it bothered me when I heard it.