Thread: Protein bars???

doktorpat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doktorpat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doktorpat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doktorpat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Protein bars???

I was looking on Ebay and there are auctions for 100 power bars for only 15 bucks. Are protein bars good for bodybuilding because i have heard they arent?
    Stats:
    5'9''
    145lbs
    165 bench
    300 squat

I need to get bigger.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They are generally a glorified candy bar with substandard protein sources, very saturated fat laden, and if not high in sugar, probably loaded with sugar alcohols. I'd save my money and invest it elsewhere. Their are many threads floating around in this forum with home made protein bar recipes that are supposedly very good.
    Unaffiliated.

KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i found one protein bar that seems to be good for post-workout. i run track and i came across a snickers marathon protein bar, 26 grams of protein, 17 grams of sugar and 4.5 grams of saturated fat i believe. if your an athlete its good for quick nutrition and its cheap only a dollar around my way

Here we go Steelers!! BigNastyD's Avatar
    BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Their junk...anyways once you add in the shipping you could order 5 pounds of protein to make quality shakes.

KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

explain to me how there junk. there cheap and have a good amount of protein and carbs for postworkout. no bullcrap about the sugar either because your body actually needs the sugar post-workout to replenish glycogen stores. perfect to fuel your body after a tough workout/practice

BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNastyD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KiltiesAthlete
    explain to me how there junk. there cheap and have a good amount of protein and carbs for postworkout. no bullcrap about the sugar either because your body actually needs the sugar post-workout to replenish glycogen stores. perfect to fuel your body after a tough workout/practice
    Did you start this thread genius? I was talking to the person that started this thread...not YOU! BTW, you can take your 4.5g of saturated fat and shove it up your ass.

BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetterBodies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can explain it to you in three words:

Partially Hydrogenated Oils

The fact that your body needs to replenish glycogen stores after working out is not an excuse to eat junk.
    "The strong do not simply survive...the strong prosper and flourish."

Kings Age Crew!

Registered User LastIncarnation's Avatar
    LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LastIncarnation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First, follow BigNasty's advice. Then, look at the ingredients. The protein #1 isn't all that high of quality. AND just because there is protein in it, that doesn't make up for all the other nasty ingredients that are in it. Most of them are highly processed. I've actually found one good commercial bar that I am going to start a topic on.

bignasty your real tough talking junk behind a computer, really tough. many college track coaches said its good to eat that bar right after practice for a quick boost, then a hour later have a meal with carbs+protein. im going by what i heard so kiss my ass bignastyd.

bignasty your real tough talking junk behind a computer, really tough. many college track coaches said its good to eat that bar right after practice for a quick boost, then a hour later have a meal with carbs+protein. im going by what i heard so kiss my ass bignastyd.
    LMAO!!! Well I was going to slam you, but I see that your just a little 15yr old boy. Grow up and respect your elders son!

BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah enjoy your palm kernal oil and whatnot.

I believe there is one company that actually makes healthy protein bars, but they are a little more expensive.

Also, don't buy'em off eBay.....they will more than likely be expired (i've heard people saying its happened to them). Just a word of advice.
    "I think if you're alive and you want to be into something, you should be nuts about, or nuts about something else. Don't be half way about anything, because life is too short. If you're going to love somebody, love them, if you're going to hate them, hate them." -Henry Rollins

Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tatsumaru will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat a protein bar every month as some sort of cheat. It's the only cheat I have as well (always looking for the bars with least sugar and bad fats). I agree you'd better spend your money on powders, and make your own bars if you wish.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [QUOTE=BFD Zio]I believe there is one company that actually makes healthy protein bars, but they are a little more expensive. QUOTE]

I've only seen one company that makes a decent one (Jayy Bar), and it's somewhat low in protein. You'd still be better off, economically and nutrition wise, to make your own batch at home.
    Unaffiliated.

this forum is filled with a bunch of bitch made *****s hahaha. old and ignorant, haha o well cant help it some people are just stupid

BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this forum is filled with a bunch of bitch made *****s hahaha. old and ignorant, haha o well cant help it some people are just stupid
    Ignorance is bliss.
    "I think if you're alive and you want to be into something, you should be nuts about, or nuts about something else. Don't be half way about anything, because life is too short. If you're going to love somebody, love them, if you're going to hate them, hate them." -Henry Rollins

rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockstarsar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh shut it, you're giving 15 year olds everywhere a bad name.

Ingredients: Soy Protein Isolate , Whey Protein Isolate , Peanut Flour , Calcium Caseinate , Caramel , Corn Syrup , Sugar , Skim Milk , Glycerin , Milkfat , Palm Kernel Oil , Lactose , Salt , Natural Flavor , Milk Chocolate , Sugar , Chocolate , Cocoa Butter , Lactose , Skim Milk , Milkfat , Soy Lecithin , Artificial Flavor , Polydextrose , Soy Nuts , Glycerin , High Fructose Corn Syrup , Corn Syrup , Peanuts , Tapioca Starch , Salt , Sucralose , Natural Flavor , Vitamins and Minerals , Vitamin A Palmitate , Tricalcium Phosphate , Magnesium Oxide , Ascorbic Acid , Vitamin E Acetate , Niacinamide , D-Calcium Pantothenate , Ferrous Fumarate , Zinc Oxide , Pyridoxine HCL , Riboflavin , Thiamin Mononitrate , Folic Acid , Biotin , Cyanocobalamin

The first ingredient is soy protein, which should be a tip off as to the bar's quality. Corn syrup? Don't think so. Glycerin? Found in beauty products. Milkfat? Saturated. Palm kernel oil? Cheap and processed with the vitamin E of palm oil stripped out. Soy lecithin? The kind used in this bar is low grade. Soy nuts? Gee, there's more soy than peanut in this "peanut flavored" bar. High fructose corn syrup? Hits your body hard, particularly around the abdomen.

Btw, most high school track coaches have no clue about real sports nutrition.
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=527284

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

FeMMisc SPA #5

actually it was a college coach who told me about the bar. and ignorance is bliss? why not say that to bignasty hes the one who started this whole mess

tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tkomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Seriously Kilties....

Come on man, you dont actually think that snickers protein bars are "good" for you. There are lots of other natural foods or even supplements for that matter that have better nutritional value than bars.

But hey, if your track coach says this is good for you because it has a good amount of protein and carbs, then i am going to go eat a huge bowl of ice cream and add some protein powder....I mean, this should be good for right.

Get your facts straight man, stay away from most of the protein bars out there.

yea it isnt great but its definitely better than nothing.

Wow that was such a great email you sent to me. Lets share it with everyone else so they can see how mature you are to email someones home.

"**** you bitch tried to share info your dumb ass wanted to act ignorant dumb ass mother****er"

Do something this stupid again and I will track your IP address and get all the information I need to call your mommy and daddy and show them what a great kid they brought up.

you wanted to act ignorant about stuff so i reacted. if i can quote you did say "stick that 4.5g saturated fat up your ass", now who started this nonsense? what you didnt expect me to react or something? track down whatever you want to really doesnt make a difference to me buddy ol pal