Bacardi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much calories should i eat to build muscle and lose bodyfat?

I weight 170-175. I'm about 23%BodyFat and I'm 5'11. I'm trying to do a routine with 3 workout days and 3 cardio days. However my main goal is to build muscle while just losing bodyfat. If someone can tell me how much calories i should be taking in to achieve that goal i would greatly appriciate it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bacardi; 04-20-2005 at 11:42 AM.

Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    let me get this straight. u plan on losing fat and building muscle, while maintaining your weight?

maybe this will help u figure it out:
    when u build muscle, u gain weight and need extra calories. when u lose fat, u lose weight, and need a caloric deficit.

btw, if u figure out a way to do these at the same time, then please let me know?
    new stats coming soon

Originally Posted by Malaka1985
    let me get this straight. u plan on losing fat and building muscle, while maintaining your weight?

maybe this will help u figure it out:
    when u build muscle, u gain weight and need extra calories. when u lose fat, u lose weight, and need a caloric deficit.

btw, if u figure out a way to do these at the same time, then please let me know?
    When u build muscle u gain weight.
    When you lose fat you lose weight.

So lets say something like losing 5 pounds of fat and gaining 5 pounds of muscle(maintaining weight) isn't possible?

I know my weight will vary, whats most important to me is cutting down in body fat while getting stronger. I've read all over the boards that its not that hard for someone with under a year of working out to achieve this. I'm one of those, thats why i'm willing to give it a try. I'm also planning on using lipo 6 and creatine.

Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malaka1985 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bacardi
    When u build muscle u gain weight.
    When you lose fat you lose weight.

So lets say something like losing 5 pounds of fat and gaining 5 pounds of muscle(maintaining weight) isn't possible?

I know my weight will vary, whats most important to me is cutting down in body fat while getting stronger. I've read all over the boards that its not that hard for someone with under a year of working out to achieve this. I'm one of those, thats why i'm willing to give it a try. I'm also planning on using lipo 6 and creatine.
    its extremely unlikely that u'll be able to build mucle while losing fat. it just doesnt work that way. its either one or the other. one thing at a time. the only thing that ive seen that does that is steroids, and i wouldnt touch those.
    new stats coming soon

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me summarize it.

Build muscle means more calories and add weight.

Lose fat means less calories and losing weight.

------------------------------------------------------

If you're losing weight your body is catabolic (converting tissue into food), and when your gaining weight your body is anabolic (converting food into tissue). For the most part if your building muscle you're gaining fat and if you're losing fat your losing muscle. Gaining muscle while ditching the fat is near impossible although can be done as a beginner AND ONLY AS A BEGINNER and you will also not be getting optimal results not to mention it won't last.

-------------------------------------------------------

BOTTOM LINE: Lose the fat then gain muscle.

-Aftershock

Hmmmmmm so its unlikely for me to do something like a clean bulk and lose bodyfat while gaining a bit of muscle? I thought i read in several posts that this is possible but I guess i was wrong.

If i had to pick gaining muscle or losing bodyfat I'd guess I'll go with losing bodyfat for now. Now... How much calories should i consume to lose bodyfat without losing too much muscle? Can someone at least point me to the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aftershock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bacardi
    Hmmmmmm so its unlikely for me to do something like a clean bulk and lose bodyfat while gaining a bit of muscle? I thought i read in several posts that this is possible but I guess i was wrong.

If i had to pick gaining muscle or losing bodyfat I'd guess I'll go with losing bodyfat for now. Now... How much calories should i consume to lose bodyfat without losing too much muscle? Can someone at least point me to the right direction. Thanks in advance.

I'ts possible. If you read my post I stated you can do it as a beginner but it's hard and you get better results if you bulk/cut, plus soon it will become impossible.

Call Me The Space Cowboy sholiz's Avatar
    sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't say it is NOT possible, and it is ONLY for beginners. I've been doing this for a month now, maintaining current weight and lost ~4% in bodyfat.

But it is EXTREMELY hard. I'm absolutely perfect in diet, cardio, and training. That's what you need to do this successfully. Zero cheats, zero skips in training, 110% dedication and intensity. That's what it takes.
    Admin @ Iron Mass [dot] com

Originally Posted by sholiz
    Don't say it is NOT possible, and it is ONLY for beginners. I've been doing this for a month now, maintaining current weight and lost ~4% in bodyfat.

But it is EXTREMELY hard. I'm absolutely perfect in diet, cardio, and training. That's what you need to do this successfully. Zero cheats, zero skips in training, 110% dedication and intensity. That's what it takes.
    Do you got a log of ur diet or traning anywhere so i can see it? Thanks.

bump