Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how to build up a thick neck?

i have great traps, but i want to target the thickness of my neck more.. any suggestions besides the BB and DB shrugs im already doing?

Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I want to lose a little off my neck.

Girls dont like overly muscular necks, makes you look brutish.

And really doesnt help you lift much.

Traps are great though.

Also your all ***s for negging this post, read the whole thread or go home. I already have a thick muscular neck from boxing and deads, I dont need it to be bigger than it is.
    Last edited by Bravodor; 09-14-2007 at 08:41 AM.
    "Simplicity is the greatest form of Sophistication"

M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bring_the_mosh View Post
    i have great traps, but i want to target the thickness of my neck more.. any suggestions besides the BB and DB shrugs im already doing?
    Neck bridges/reverse neck bridges

Originally Posted by Bravodor View Post

Girls dont like muscular necks, makes you look brutish.

Traps are great though.
    Are you an idiot? Negged if I didn't have to recharge
    PSN - iarentdrunk

Training for Tough Mudder - April 2012

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Traps are great though.
    1.) big difference between a muscular neck and a neck thats as wide as your head.

2.) And women also dont like men who are too fkin pathetic to make their own decisions about their own fking body.

To the OP, bridges and reverse bridges are good. If your gym has a neck machine, use it. You can also get a leather neck harness for under 20 bucks, which work fairly well if you use it right.

Work it like any other muscle -- just keep progressively working your way up. Dont go overboard & do anything stupid like trying to lift 2x as much weight as you can handle.
    Last edited by Mtguy8787; 09-14-2007 at 12:29 AM.

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mtguy8787 View Post
    1.) big difference between a muscular neck and a neck thats as wide as your head
    What's the difference then Dr Seuss?

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Make sure that you have deadlifts (or rack pulls)and squats incorporated into your program design. If you want direct neck work, and don't have a 4 way neck machine, a neck harness works the neck extensors very well. Bridging also works the neck extensors. That still leaves side flexion and flexion of the neck. "Back" bridging works the neck flexors statically. I've learned an exercise from Combat Conditioning that allows you to work extension flexion, extension, and lateral flexion. It's called the 4 Way Neck Exercise. You use your bodyweight as the resistance (unless you would purchase a weight vest). Four Way Neck Exercise. Get into a headstand position and bring your feet up against a wall. Your knees will be bent to a 45 degree angle. Start with right and left side flexions. Try to touch your right ear to the ground and then your left ear. You might not be able to get a full ROM due to flexibility issues or lack of strength. Increase range as you develop more flexibility or strength. Now go into neck flexions. Try to touch your nose to the ground. Same rules apply as earlier. Lastly, go into neck extensions and try to get your chin into your chest. I'm having you do this exercise from your weakest movement (side flexion) to your strongest (neck extension).

santzarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Traps are great though.
    Tell that to Holyfield

Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sit in the stands and watch girls run track.

or read this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Neck
    Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Edison

Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bravodor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rmulax19 View Post

Are you an idiot? Negged if I didn't have to recharge

If they can see the ridges and viens in your neck it freaks them out. Enough said.

And I made my own decision, I dont want my neck to get too much thicker than it is, theres no point unless your a regular boxer. Its not a freaking muscle you use in your daily life.

Its 16 inches give or take an 1/9 of and inch or something. I have fairly low bodyfat, and I can flex ridges in it, if you guys have skinny ass necks its your own fault, squats and deads make mine larger.

I dont see a need for it to grow anymore. Boxers workout their necks, I dont really box anymore so I dont feel a need.
    Last edited by Bravodor; 09-14-2007 at 08:24 AM.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Traps are great though.
    If you can send me some of the neck size you lose, I'd sure appreciate it.

Football and rugby players, and wrestlers, usually have huge necks. That makes them more INJURY PROOF. It is very hard to knock out a guy with a bull neck, even if you break his jaw. I like the bull necked look, far more impressive than a guy who keeps his neck small, thinking that'll make his shoulders look big. Like the guys who think their small forearms make their biceps look more impressive.

Have a York headstrap. I use York stuff for sentimental reasons, but this is the pits. When you try to lift over about 50lbs on it, it tears your ears to pieces. www.ironmind.com have a headstrap fit for hercules. If anyone has experience of it, I'd like feedback.

And 16" is a small neck. I want at least 20".
    Last edited by jgreystoke; 09-14-2007 at 08:28 AM.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    If you can send me some of the neck size you lose, I'd sure appreciate it.

Football and rugby players, and wrestlers, usually have huge necks. That makes them more INJURY PROOF. It is very hard to knock out a guy with a bull neck, even if you break his jaw. I like the bull necked look, far more impressive than a guy who keeps his neck small, thinking that'll make his shoulders look big. Like the guys who think their small forearms make their biceps look more impressive.

Have a York headstrap. I use York stuff for sentimental reasons, but this is the pits. When you try to lift over about 50lbs on it, it tears your ears to pieces. www.ironmind.com have a headstrap fit for hercules. If anyone has experience of it, I'd like feedback.
    Your neck is an inch bigger than mine dude, granted Im 25 pounds lighter and 6 foot. And I have lower BF looking at your avatar

It feels out of proportion to my back, I dont really want it to shrink I guess seems a shame to lose the only thing you get from boxing, but I just dont want it to get bigger until I gain like 20 pounds.
    Last edited by Bravodor; 09-14-2007 at 08:38 AM.

samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    coming from a girls point of view.. big thick necks aren't all that attractive, but if it's something you want then go for it!

sorry i'm not trying to shut you down.

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What are neck bridges

Originally Posted by samantha08 View Post
    coming from a girls point of view.. big thick necks aren't all that attractive, but if it's something you want then go for it!

Well atleast you back me up on this, Ive had alot of friends tell me that my neck has gotten huge in the last year or so and while it does make you look manly, its not attractive to them.

Theyd rather you have a huge body and a moderatly muscular neck, once it reaches a certain size its too big and makes you look like a bulldog.

And these are neck exersises btw. Bridges are in there.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson21.htm

Deadlifts + shrugs are incredibly effective, Ive found isolation does little. But if your a heavy compound lifter your neck should increase pretty quickly.

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How long do you guys hold your neck bridges for?

M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M4A1 Widowmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well atleast you back me up on this, Ive had alot of friends tell me that my neck has gotten huge in the last year or so and while it does make you look manly, its not attractive to them.

Theyd rather you have a huge body and a moderatly muscular neck, once it reaches a certain size its too big and makes you look like a bulldog.

And these are neck exersises btw. Bridges are in there.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson21.htm

Deadlifts + shrugs are incredibly effective, Ive found isolation does little. But if your a heavy compound lifter your neck should increase pretty quickly.
    Oh wow...you're that pathetic guy who lifts for girls.

Sorry...I'll stop trying to refute your point of view. But women like alpha males...and alpha males do not have pencil necks.
    PSN - iarentdrunk

samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000) samantha08 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nor do women like super thick necks.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HoosierBoy View Post
    How long do you guys hold your neck bridges for?
    I've held back bridges for time but never neck bridges.

"Once you can touch your nose to the mat, try holding it there for 30 seconds. Once you can do that, hold it for a minute, then two, then three. Once you can hold it for three, take your hands away and fold them in front of you across your chest. Work up to three minutes." Source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler19.htm
    Last edited by papi93; 09-14-2007 at 09:54 AM.

Yeah, well luckily I don't listen to girls like you. I don't lift for girls or women. I don't need the attention that bad.

But apparently you do so good luck with that.
    PSN - iarentdrunk

Talking

Kurt Angle's wife is attractive. Just sayin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzHaKz6PsYo

Yeah, well luckily I don't listen to girls like you. I don't lift for girls or women. I don't need the attention that bad.

But apparently you do so good luck with that.
    yeah, you are pretty lucky.

good luck with your goals!

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    "how do I build neck?"
    "I don't want to build neck I want it smaller because I'm a deadlifting boxer"

I'd neg that if I didn't think my negative reps would somehow give you more reps in the process by going beyond negative infinity.

The way is to do weighted neck raises using a harness, generally.

Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    I've learned an exercise from Combat Conditioning that allows you to work extension flexion, extension, and lateral flexion. It's called the 4 Way Neck Exercise. You use your bodyweight as the resistance (unless you would purchase a weight vest). Four Way Neck Exercise. Get into a headstand position and bring your feet up against a wall. Your knees will be bent to a 45 degree angle. Start with right and left side flexions. Try to touch your right ear to the ground and then your left ear. You might not be able to get a full ROM due to flexibility issues or lack of strength. Increase range as you develop more flexibility or strength. Now go into neck flexions. Try to touch your nose to the ground. Same rules apply as earlier. Lastly, go into neck extensions and try to get your chin into your chest. I'm having you do this exercise from your weakest movement (side flexion) to your strongest (neck extension).
    You've put a lot of thought into this. It does seem like a good exercise, so long as you have arms strong enough to spot yourself with. I have trouble trusting this as it is not measurably progressive like lifting weights is (relies more on instinct) and because it's one of those bodyweight types. Still it would be something good to have as a progression goal.
    Last edited by Tyciol; 09-14-2007 at 01:54 PM.

dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i use a neck harness a lot but its hard when using heavier weight not to feel your spine flexing oddly between the shoulder blades.. Im real paranoid about that excercise

also the plate on your face thing is worrisome - being that the face bones are the most malleable part of the skeleton (end up with a pan-face)

user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If they can see the ridges and viens in your neck it freaks them out. Enough said.

And I made my own decision, I dont want my neck to get too much thicker than it is, theres no point unless your a regular boxer. Its not a freaking muscle you use in your daily life.

Its 16 inches give or take an 1/9 of and inch or something. I have fairly low bodyfat, and I can flex ridges in it, if you guys have skinny ass necks its your own fault, squats and deads make mine larger.

I dont see a need for it to grow anymore. Boxers workout their necks, I dont really box anymore so I dont feel a need.
    My god, are you that whipped by women? "hmm women don't like this (which in and of itself is ridiculous statement, women are all different) so I won't do it"
    Just like there's no point in a big neck, there's not much point in big arms or back or legs... we're not cavemen anymore, strength and power these days is shown through the size of your stock portfolio not your pecs.

user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000) user23960508710788 is just really nice. (+1000)
    As far as neck hypertrophy, heavy weighted extensions are the best. I'm talking if you truly want a thick neck like Takeo Spikes, Kurt Angle etc.
    Bridging is way too easy, and a b*tch to do weighted without a partner.
    Why people do next extension/flexion exercises with 15-20 pound weights boggles my mind... "it's dangerous movement", uhhh yea, so are deadlifts, that doesn't mean you would do deadlifts with 135lbs for the rest of your life. You learn the proper technique, then pile on the weight.
    Same thing for the neck

I do 4-way neck exercises with 145lbs, 3 sets of 15 reps for each side. I'd like to get to 225lbs for 15 reps and I think it's very possible. Any injuries? Nope, just use proper form.

A thick neck just commands respect, a guy with big arms and a scrawny neck is a buff guy that looks impressive. A guy with big arms and a 19 inch neck is a guy that looks impressive AND will NOT be messed with, in the job or anywhere. The jaw and neck area is one of the most intimidating looking areas when developed.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yep.

/thread
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your neck is an inch bigger than mine dude, granted Im 25 pounds lighter and 6 foot. And I have lower BF looking at your avatar

It feels out of proportion to my back, I dont really want it to shrink I guess seems a shame to lose the only thing you get from boxing, but I just dont want it to get bigger until I gain like 20 pounds.
    Actually mine is just under 18". When I break thru that barrier, I'll update the stat. Haven't done any direct neck work this year, 'cos of the aforementioned problem with the York headstrap.

Glad you have lower bf. I'm workin' on that, just don't want to go under 200lbs ever again. Also glad you actually want to get bigger. 20 extra muscular pounds would be great on a 6 foot frame.

I don't lift, bulk, lean, or whatever to please anyone else. If I did that, I'd be like so many of my contemporaries trying to "tone up" for golf. I want to be a brute strong monster, drug free. See how far I can go without killing myself.

Your goals may be different, and good luck with them.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

unless i missed something i don't believe bring the mosh ever showed any concern about what women think.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    Yep.

/thread
    between this and the parallel rowing 225 and saying tut is worth dick defiant's making alot of posts that make sense, this is scary.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

This is bb'ing, not e-dating.

OP is drawing no correlation between getting laid and a thick neck.