Thread: Bench delt pain

cwr85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bench delt pain

Hey. I was bench pressing last night (flat bench with a weight that i have done before) and i noticed throughout the work out i had a pain in my right front delt. I continued with my work out and goet about 9 hours of sleep and woke up this morning and the pain is still there. Im wondering if its the width of my grip. Im still learning about weight training but that tells me maybe im using too much shoulders? Right now my standard grip is about 2 inches wider than shoulder width. Is that too wide? How close can you go before it becomes "close hand bench". Also i have been doing 3 full body workouts a week with compound exercises, each day including some kind of bench press i.e. decline, incline, flat. Do you guys think that is over training..i spaced it out through the week and thought that would be enough..but i have read that when you get injuries and you have done nothing different..and also notice a plateu or decline in perormance (i have noticed both)you have over trained. Any advice would be appreciated thanks guys.

KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cwr85 View Post
    Hey. I was bench pressing last night (flat bench with a weight that i have done before) and i noticed throughout the work out i had a pain in my right front delt. I continued with my work out and goet about 9 hours of sleep and woke up this morning and the pain is still there. Im wondering if its the width of my grip. Im still learning about weight training but that tells me maybe im using too much shoulders? Right now my standard grip is about 2 inches wider than shoulder width. Is that too wide? How close can you go before it becomes "close hand bench". Also i have been doing 3 full body workouts a week with compound exercises, each day including some kind of bench press i.e. decline, incline, flat. Do you guys think that is over training..i spaced it out through the week and thought that would be enough..but i have read that when you get injuries and you have done nothing different..and also notice a plateu or decline in perormance (i have noticed both)you have over trained. Any advice would be appreciated thanks guys.
    Is this more of a sharp pain or an ache ? Also, try putting your hand behind your back and touching the middle of the back.. any sharp pain there ?

Not to worry you or anything, but I had the same about 6 months after I started training (6 years ago now)... and it turned out I had ripped cartilage off the bone in my shoulder and that it will never fully recover.

Id say if the pains bad, go see a doc or physio. Theyll go through all the movements with u to see what kinda of injury it is and advice u from there.

Also, 3 full body workouts a week, especially when starting is probably a lil too excessive depending on how hard you train... muscle groups like your shoulders get hammered alot while training other body parts and they need more than a day break and 9 hours sleep before u hit em again.

cwr85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No its not so much sharp as dull...and constant. I just touched my back and it was a little uncomfortable but no shooting sharp pain or anything. Yeah im gonna back of the 3 full body thing and go back to body part training for now.