PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow 2 Weeks of Keto = Time for a Log

The beginning of my log.

Couldn't think of a good introduction, i have wasted all my writing skills today writing a paper for class. I have been on the Keto diet since the 27th of August and was tasting positive for Ketosis and feeling the symptoms beginning the the 31st.

I started at 263 and as of today i am 254lbs and excited to get down to my goal of 220 by December 14th. I plan to post my diet starting tomorrow but it averages around 2500 calories. I am unsure of this number so any input would be appreciated. I work out Monday - Friday with cardio every day.

Tomorrow is going to be my first carb up and i bought some kiwi to prepare for it pre-workout and post-workout. Any suggestions on post-workout nutrition would be great. As of right now i have a shake containing 1 scoop ON Whey and 15g of dextrose.

220 here i come!

Cliffs:
    Keto Goal Period: 8.27 - 12.14.2007
    Currently 6' 254lbs 34.5%
    Calories suggestions?
    Carb Up PWO Nutrition?

PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Instead of posting a meal plan i thought i would just post my fitday.com journal.
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...r=PhobosWebDev

My day is normally like this:
    9am - 3 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon
    12pm- 5oz hamburger, .5oz onions, 1/3 cup of cheese, 1cup rom. lettuce, 2tbsp ranch dressing, bacon bits
    2pm - Chicken salad(chicken breast, 2 tblsp mayo, 1 cup celery, 1 boiled egg)
    5pm - Tuna Salad(1 can tuna, 2 tbsp mayo, 1 cup celery, 1/3 cup of cheese)
    8pm -Workout
    9:30 PWO Shake (1 scoops 100% ON Whey, 15g Dextrose)
    10:30 Chicken breast, 1/3 cup of cheese, 1cup rom. lettuce, 2tbsp ranch dressing, bacon bits

Totals Cal 2850 Fat 173 Carbs 28 Protein 243

I think i need more fat and less protein but i am staying in ketosis so i have been sticking to this basic structure

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PhobosWebDev View Post
    Instead of posting a meal plan i thought i would just post my fitday.com journal.
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...r=PhobosWebDev

My day is normally like this:
    9am - 3 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon
    12pm- 5oz hamburger, .5oz onions, 1/3 cup of cheese, 1cup rom. lettuce, 2tbsp ranch dressing, bacon bits
    2pm - Chicken salad(chicken breast, 2 tblsp mayo, 1 cup celery, 1 boiled egg)
    5pm - Tuna Salad(1 can tuna, 2 tbsp mayo, 1 cup celery, 1/3 cup of cheese)
    8pm -Workout
    9:30 PWO Shake (1 scoops 100% ON Whey, 15g Dextrose)
    10:30 Chicken breast, 1/3 cup of cheese, 1cup rom. lettuce, 2tbsp ranch dressing, bacon bits

Totals Cal 2850 Fat 173 Carbs 28 Protein 243

I think i need more fat and less protein but i am staying in ketosis so i have been sticking to this basic structure
    Looks pretty good. Cals seem to be about right (I'm about your size so I know). I'd say if your diet is working for you and you're staying in ketosis, keep it. The ratio's are really just a guideline.

I'd suggest supplementing with some kind of fiber supp or upping the veggies. 2 cups of lettuce a day prolly won't keep the plumbing working for long. If you use a fiber supp, just make sure there's no sugar in there.

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Welcome to the fam!!!

Feel free to post as much and as often in the forum as you want. You have TOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of resources and helpful peopel at your fingertips...you 'em!

P.S. I'm 20 (close to your age), am in university, and I have a journal too We're like twins!
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    Looks pretty good. Cals seem to be about right (I'm about your size so I know). I'd say if your diet is working for you and you're staying in ketosis, keep it. The ratio's are really just a guideline.

I'd suggest supplementing with some kind of fiber supp or upping the veggies. 2 cups of lettuce a day prolly won't keep the plumbing working for long. If you use a fiber supp, just make sure there's no sugar in there.
    Thanks man. I was reading through your Log and figured the same thing about being close to the same size.

repped

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Welcome to the fam!!!

Feel free to post as much and as often in the forum as you want. You have TOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of resources and helpful peopel at your fingertips...you 'em!

P.S. I'm 20 (close to your age), am in university, and I have a journal too We're like twins!
    Haha, thanks Jaim. I hope that i have the same success with Keto that you have had then we'll have another thing in common.!

Reps on recharge
    Last edited by PhobosWebDev; 09-13-2007 at 08:16 PM.

First Carb Up

Tomorrow after my workout i begin my carb up. Just to make sure i have it all correctly i have been reading through articles, forum threads here and at CKD as long with read up on different low gi foods.

Protein
    254 grams.
    Carbs
    2540-3048 grams.
    Fat
    No more than 115 grams.

That is what i got from an article that i should follow at my weight. Should i only do a short carb up or should i go to the 36 hour and if it doesnt go right make it shorter on the next carb up?

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Haha, thanks Jaim. I hope that i have the same success with Keto that you have had then we'll have another thing in common.!

Reps on recharge
    Lol, thanks, but I don't need reps. Just for you to do super well on the keto diet and to come visit, "A log for the people"
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Oh don't worry I always check yours when there is a new post. That way I can try and answer my own questions.
    De Novo Lipogenesis

Life is Simple, make choices and don't look back.

El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tomorrow after my workout i begin my carb up. Just to make sure i have it all correctly i have been reading through articles, forum threads here and at CKD as long with read up on different low gi foods.

Protein
    254 grams.
    Carbs
    2540-3048 grams.
    Fat
    No more than 115 grams.

That is what i got from an article that i should follow at my weight. Should i only do a short carb up or should i go to the 36 hour and if it doesnt go right make it shorter on the next carb up?
    Eh that can't be right, that would be over 12000cals. How did you come up with those numbers?
    Last edited by El Pena; 09-14-2007 at 11:13 AM.
    "The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible." - Richard M. DeVos

Workout Journal - http://workout.bodybuilding.com/ElPena/
    Nutrition Journal - http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=El+Pena

I used a calculator in a keto article. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark91.htm

Thanks for doing the math, i did it this morning when i was trying to plan out my meals and figured that out. I am going to the gym in 30 minutes and i am thoroughly excited for this work.

More after the work out.
    De Novo Lipogenesis

El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50) El Pena will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok that calculator is whack that's way too many cals & carbs, and by conventional keto wisdom also too much fat.

Not necessarily that I agree with this calculator either, I still think it's a bit high on the cals, but its better than the one in that article.

http://www.c-k-d.com/calculator.html
    Last edited by El Pena; 09-14-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    "The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible." - Richard M. DeVos

Workout Journal - http://workout.bodybuilding.com/ElPena/
    Nutrition Journal - http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=El+Pena

Thats a far better calculator, i just got home from my full body work out and i am beat. I am going to get some grub into me, YAY carbs, and then post my day to that point.

Thanks for the advice and the link!
    De Novo Lipogenesis

Exclamation Calm Like a Bomb

So the carb up has begun and the excitement for future meals is getting the best of me right now. At least i hope it is that way, i am really hungry even after my meal. The burning feeling in my stomach is a welcome feeling most the time but not 30 minutes after i have eaten! Whats with that.

So i started my day off normal keto, check out my fitday for my meals up to now. http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...r=PhobosWebDev

I had a meal about an hour before i worked out, with a kiwi just to try and see the effects. I probably wont have any carbs before my next full body workout.

My Workout is as follows:

Squats 3x10
    Deadlift 3x10
    Leg extensions 3x10
    dB Bicup Curls 10,8,6
    dB Flat Bench 3x10
    dB Tricep Pushups 3x10
    Lower Back Machine 3x10
    Incline crunches 3x12

Took me about 50 minutes to complete the work out, although i don't feel like iit is enough. I was definitely more tired then after my own workout but felt like i should have done more. I stopped because i had a migraine throughout the whole work out and was getting light headed.

PWO Shake was 1 Scoop ON Whey with 30g of dextrose.

My meal:

4.4oz Chicken Breast
    2.5 cups of lettuce
    1/2 cup of brown rice

Cals 562 Fat 6 Carbs 73 Protein 48

Anyone have suggestions on breakfast? I am also wonderning should i use dressing for my salad? I really feel like i should cut down on all the fats as much as possible.

Anyways, i need to relax with some vid games, thanks for reading.
    De Novo Lipogenesis

Red face

Alright, after another week of some fine eating i am feeling good, and a couple pounds lighter. I have decided to take this weekend off from a carb up and and wait till next week. I only lifted 3 outta the 5 days due to some scheduling conflicts, but i made the best out of those three days.

I started out the week at 254 and last night when i weigh myself it was at 250. If the scale was accurate that would 14 pounds lost so far. I have also lost 5 inches off my waist.

Its my room mates birthday today and we are getting a keg and having a ton of people over, which will be hard for me not to drink but i think i can take it. My room mate is not very happy about me not drinking and he thinks i should do a carb up just so i can drink. I feel that the side affects of drinking are worse then the carbs at this point and after such a good week i fear losing such progress with a night of drinking.

Tell me if i am being too conservative and should take a night of celebrating or just stick to the plan of not drinking. I also have two girls coming over that i have dated in the past (I didn't invite them) and every time they come down separately they have come on to me so i think it'll be quite interesting to see what turns out there.

Heres my foods for the week http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...r=PhobosWebDev
    I think i have been doing really well with my calories and fiber although yesterday i just couldnt eat anymore, which is strange for me cause i am usually starving after two hours.

Anyways time to clean the house and get ready to party, hope everyone has a good weekend. Thanks ahead of time for any input.
    De Novo Lipogenesis

Exclamation The End of 12 Weeks

Wow, what a major FAIL towards keeping this thing updated. I kind of wish i would have posted more regularly but i felt that i was asking more questions than logging my activity. I figured that i should just go with the flow and see what works instead of posting every time i had a question. Of course i would run through other peoples journals to find answers to my question but still should have been more true to this journal.

Either way i kept up with my Body Stats in order to track changes and i think it shows a lot of improvement. As i come to the end of my 12 week program i set up i have a few questions on what you guys think i should do.

I really couldn't find anything on this but i know its a good idea to take a break from resistance training for a period of time and then start a new program. So i was just wondering what types of breaks others take. I will continue to eat keto but i think i am going to take a week off from lifting and maybe just do cardio like swimming.

Should i take a longer break?
    Does anyone have any good links on taking a repair, or re-freed week, lazy week, what ever you want to call it?

Any advice at all would be great. I am excited and yet still concerned for the end of my program as i have worked hard and i am only a few pounds from my weight goal. I have done well enough that i feel confident to post progress pictures after 12 weeks of keto and heavy lifting. I look forward to responses on those.

Thanks for reading, check back for updates hopefully within the next week or so and look for my progress pictures as i haven't really been getting any feedback from family or friends on how i look.
    De Novo Lipogenesis