Thread: The Scale

Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The Scale

For the past 3 weeks (I only started logging my weight regularly 3 weeks ago) I've been at 271lbs.

Right but this is the thing, my diet is clean, my workouts are good, I may need a bit more cardio, but apart from that I've seen a lot of difference and fat loss. I'd expect for the scale to go down but it hasn't, even with the change that I've been commented on, what do you think?

I know the scale isn't that important, but since I started 2 months back the scale hasn't moved much at all whenever I did check it, but I've made noticable improvements. It's an electronic scale.

jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamieo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are probably gaining some muscle as you lose the fat. I would not worry too much about the actual number on the scale and go by how you look in the mirror and how your clothes fit. Are your pants looser around the waist than they were a few weeks/months ago?
    "I haven't memorized all of the cute things to say ... but I'm working on it"

Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stand Ablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A bit, yes, and my biceps and triceps are showing through MUCH more, I flexed my right arm in the mirror for a second at the gym yesterday and my mate commented on it, said its really came along. But I didn't think you could gain muscle as fast as this on less calories, maybe I'm an easy gainer?

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Tape Measure > Scale.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Getsum
    Tape Measure > Scale.
    *agree*

How much have you lost?? Remember there is a limit to how much muscle you can put on in 3 months. There's no way you put on something like 20lbs of muscle, so if your scale weight has not been coming down at least a LITTLE bit, then you need to change something. (Probably more cardio)
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

In about 3 months I've lost about 7lb, if even.

I'm going to go buy a tape measure on friday then and check progress with that.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze
    In about 3 months I've lost about 7lb, if even.

I'm going to go buy a tape measure on friday then and check progress with that.
    At over 270lbs, you should really probably be losing weight faster MUCH faster than that. When I was at 270-280 I dropped that weight in approximately one month. Think in terms of realistic muscle growth. Let's say you can grow A pound of muscle per week. Over 3 months you would have grown 12 pounds of muscle (which is a LOT of muscle and you'd have to really second think that), then you lost 7lbs of scale weight, which means you would have lost 19lbs of fat over the three months.

I guess that is kind of realistic, but 12 pounds of muscle is really a lot of muscle. Just keep doing what you're doing. Eventually the scale will start dropping, I'm sure of it B-)
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.