Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why do you suggest such high reps? Wouldn't it be better to keep it heavy?
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571

Hearse Driving Weirdo Psychoholic's Avatar
    Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Max-OT baby, that's the best way (in my opinion)
    ***Georgia Crew***

Training with BBG!

Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Igneus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gibblets
    I can usually do more weight with 12 reps instead of 2x8 or 3x8 (body building style reps). This is perfect for building muscle, burning calories, and you can still get that near failure effect when using enough weight... And my muscles still recover just fine.

I gave you a sample circuit routine that you can complete without killing yourself. You can try less reps if you want (about 8), but this is what I've found that works best.

Hope this works bro!

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I appreciate all the help you all have given me so far. I will take this advice and use it to make my own diet and training split. I'll be posting from now on in my cutting log. You can find it in this section.

Thanks.
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gibblets
    I lift heavy, for strength, more than I do high reps with lighter weight. That being said, right now the routine I just started has me doing sets of 12 for 2 weeks, then sets of 8 for 2 weeks and then sets of 4-6 for 2 weeks. I think there are some good uses for high rep exercises, like I have some drop sets added into my current routine, and I do those with medium weight, but the main exercises will still be focused on low reps with heavy weight.

Generally speaking, I lift to get stronger and gain muscle mass and I do cardio and control my diet to lose body fat. But it's also good to take a week off and mix things up from time to time and that's what my current routine is going.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com