Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Casein vs. Whey

Movin hundeys, yeah buddy ccounts54's Avatar
    ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ccounts54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Casein vs. Whey

I have a seperate tub of ON casein and whey protein. Just wanted to know if when I take my shake in the morning, if I need to include the whey, or just the casein would be sufficient for the morning shake. Thanks in advance.

saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ccounts54 View Post
    I have a seperate tub of ON casein and whey protein. Just wanted to know if when I take my shake in the morning, if I need to include the whey, or just the casein would be sufficient for the morning shake. Thanks in advance.
    well i know that casseine is best taken at night before you go to bed since it takes the body alot longer to process it. I (imo) would take the whey in the morning to get the protein processed ASAP since i'm breaking my fast..and take the casseine before u sleep so i have protein throughout the night. Good luck!
    "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in."

-Mark Rippetoe

-1st Place Men's Physique Class D, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -1st Place Men's Physique Amateur, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -3rd Place Men's Physique Overall, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015

IG: @llkoole7

martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by saizen View Post
    well i know that casseine is best taken at night before you go to bed since it takes the body alot longer to process it. I (imo) would take the whey in the morning to get the protein processed ASAP since i'm breaking my fast..and take the casseine before u sleep so i have protein throughout the night. Good luck!
    Amen.

pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pjluvsae is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it also depends on when your next meal will be. If your lunch is a long weight maybe mix in a scoop of casein as well.
    "One Day Pro"

anyone else hungry?

saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000) saizen is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your lunch is a long weight
    Nice pun! i almost repped u!
    "Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in."

-Mark Rippetoe

-1st Place Men's Physique Class D, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -1st Place Men's Physique Amateur, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015
    -3rd Place Men's Physique Overall, Muscle Evolution Santa Clara, CA 1/2015

IG: @llkoole7

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by saizen View Post
    casein is used before bed.. or if u are going to fast for a while and not have another meal until a late lunch then mix a lil bit in ur morning shake..

but other then that break ur catabolic state with a nice whey shake in the morning.. have to agree!!

whey in the morning unless that next meal is a while away.. such as like 4-6 hours or so

nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nickdow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I disagree. Casein everytime except PWO for me.

Whey has been shown to be not only be insulogenic but also can turn into fat especially after a fast. If you are not going to use that protein, guess what? Oxidized. Turned into carbs. Burned for energy or stored as fat.

Also whey in the morning is when your cortisol levels are highest (10x higher than at night) and this when our bodies are most resistant to insulin (from the whey protein) - doubly bad.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ccounts54 View Post
    Both. Some whey to take care of immediate needs and some casein to take care of later.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

R's don't exist in Boston Lovespell's Avatar
    Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i was actually going to post this question myself but i saw this thread, but I am still a bit confused. (bare with a girl please :P) Sorry if I sound repetitious, just rather get an understanding before placing an order.

Just curious on if you need both and more about both protein sources. I've taken Whey in the past, and heard little about Casein. Thanks guys
    Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking;
    If you cheat, may it death.
    If you steal, may it be a heart.
    If you fight, may it be for a friend.
    And if if you drink, may it be with me.

tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    casein is used before bed.. or if u are going to fast for a while and not have another meal until a late lunch then mix a lil bit in ur morning shake..

but other then that break ur catabolic state with a nice whey shake in the morning.. have to agree!!

whey in the morning unless that next meal is a while away.. such as like 4-6 hours or so
    i'm disappointed, weren't you in that thread a couple of days ago? Protein shake in milk vs. water....

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Both. Some whey to take care of immediate needs and some casein to take care of later.
    Preach brotha. A blend is far superior.

Originally Posted by lgc21x View Post

Just curious on if you need both and more about both protein sources. I've taken Whey in the past, and heard little about Casein. Thanks guys
    whey is digested quickly, spikes amino acid levels in the blood, causes a disproportionately large insulin response, and when taken in large amounts a good deal will be oxidized because of how quickly it floods the system with aminos.

casein is the major constituent of milk protein (80%, whey being the other 20%). it doesn't stimulate CCK to the same degree that whey does (=less hunger suppression) but has been shown to elevate plasma amino acid levels for up to 7 hours, because it is digested slowly. thus, it can be considered anti-catabolic.

you don't "need" both (or either) but the reason a blend of the two is better is because whey is good at initiating protein synthesis, and casein is good at "maintaining" it (or supporting it). if you have casein a few times a day, you're covering your ass in the protein department fairly well.

there are other choices for slower-digesting proteins such as eggs and meat.
    2007 INBF Long Island Experience:
    1st Place Novice Lightweight & Overall
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    just get milk protein isolate which is 20%whey and 80% casein and use that for all times of the day. save the whey for post workout.
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lovespell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whey is digested quickly, spikes amino acid levels in the blood, causes a disproportionately large insulin response, and when taken in large amounts a good deal will be oxidized because of how quickly it floods the system with aminos.

casein is the major constituent of milk protein (80%, whey being the other 20%). it doesn't stimulate CCK to the same degree that whey does (=less hunger suppression) but has been shown to elevate plasma amino acid levels for up to 7 hours, because it is digested slowly. thus, it can be considered anti-catabolic.

you don't "need" both (or either) but the reason a blend of the two is better is because whey is good at initiating protein synthesis, and casein is good at "maintaining" it (or supporting it). if you have casein a few times a day, you're covering your ass in the protein department fairly well.

there are other choices for slower-digesting proteins such as eggs and meat.
    ah, i see the light. thank you very much for your informative post.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you must have a shake in the morning have whey with milk, because whey is cheaper than casein.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here's my humble opinion: a whey casein blend should always be used with the exception of right before, during, or right after your workout. To further fine tune that recommendation, thought I'd normally do about 50/50 whey/casein, at night right before bed I'd do 25/75 whey/casein.

Best.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    much ado about nothing.
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nickdow View Post

Whey has been shown to be not only be insulogenic but also can turn into fat especially after a fast. If you are not going to use that protein, guess what? Oxidized. Turned into carbs. Burned for energy or stored as fat.

Also whey in the morning is when your cortisol levels are highest (10x higher than at night) and this when our bodies are most resistant to insulin (from the whey protein) - doubly bad.
    Whey is insulinogenic and some can be converted to blood sugar (carbs as you say) via gluconeogenesis. But the reality is that it's hard to get fat from eating protein. The process is simply not efficient enough to have calories left over that need to be deposited as adipose tissue. You also have to factor in the thermic effect of protein - it speeds ones metabolism significantly (some studies show 25%). So, getting fat from whey would be the LEAST of my concern.

And though cortisol is high in the morning, partially due to being in a fasted state, insulin sensitivity has been shown to be BEST in the first part of the day.

Sorry, not trying to bust your chops, just wanted to point out where I agree and disagree.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nickdow View Post

Even when accompanied with complex carbs?????
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Nelson Mandella

Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evan2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    Whey is insulinogenic and some can be converted to blood sugar (carbs as you say) via gluconeogenesis. But the reality is that it's hard to get fat from eating protein. The process is simply not efficient enough to have calories left over that need to be deposited as adipose tissue. You also have to factor in the thermic effect of protein - it speeds ones metabolism significantly (some studies show 25%). So, getting fat from whey would be the LEAST of my concern.

And though cortisol is high in the morning, partially due to being in a fasted state, insulin sensitivity has been shown to be BEST in the first part of the day.

Sorry, not trying to bust your chops, just wanted to point out where I agree and disagree.
    Didn't read all the way down lol....sorry

Reps for the info and knowledge
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Nelson Mandella

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you would be better off, and save money, if you just drank some good ol fashioned milk... instead of a highly processed denatured powder for meal replacement use.
    @__@

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like how people think that the only acceptable time to take in casein protein is pre-bed...i lol'd

tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by xl Achilles lx View Post
    I like how people think that the only acceptable time to take in casein protein is pre-bed...i lol'd
    lawls
    2007 INBF Long Island Experience:
    1st Place Novice Lightweight & Overall
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xl Achilles lx View Post
    I like how people think protein powders are necessary...

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    I like how people think protein powders are necessary...

I like how people think people think...
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

Registered User gettinripped513's Avatar
    gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    protein powders are not necessary if you can cook all day long i like an easy snack. so i use ultimate muscle protein 80% casein 20% whey and results are good so i stick with it for all pwo and meal replacement needs.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gettinripped513 View Post
    protein powders are not necessary if you can cook all day long i like an easy snack. so i use ultimate muscle protein 80% casein 20% whey and results are good so i stick with it for all pwo and meal replacement needs.
    Well if you wanna get technical, you can open a can of tuna as easy as you can make a whey shake. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with protein powder, I just don't think it's a must-have, even whey.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gettinripped513 View Post
    cook in advance or uhhh eat stuff that u dont have to cook?
    @__@

CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    comapre the price of a can of tuna to a scoop of whey, gram of protien for gram of protien the whey is less than half price i bet!
    started a fat ass, lost 50 pounds now i'm bulking the f*** up

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-*

Originally Posted by CR Racer View Post
    comapre the price of a can of tuna to a scoop of whey, gram of protien for gram of protien the whey is less than half price i bet!
    Yes, it's cheap and convenient. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with it assuming you also eat food. My only point is that in no way is it a must-have.

Registered User gettinripped513's Avatar
    gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinripped513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well if you wanna get technical, you can open a can of tuna as easy as you can make a whey shake. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with protein powder, I just don't think it's a must-have, even whey.

i know what u mean i hate raw tuna lol but i got your point.

Yes, it's cheap and convenient. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with it assuming you also eat food. My only point is that in no way is it a must-have.
    nobody said it was a must have? for people who don't necessarily feel in the mood to making a meal, or had tuna earlier and want something easy and quick, a protein shake helps me out. but thank you for putting in your own two cents, seeing how your response had nothing to do with my own or anyone else's question.