Bigger, Faster, Stronger Nixxon's Avatar
    Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-workout foods too heavy on my stomach

I currently workout 3 times a week mon/wends/friday from 6:45am-8am

I wake up around 6:00 and immedietly try to eat about 50% carb (Oats) 50% protein (milk/cottege cheese both fat free)

Anyways everything I have tried usually makes me feel like i have a giant brick in my stomach when I work out...and I find myself tired very easily.

I'm in the military so my workouts are usually 30mins of cardio (mandatory running, circuit training etc) and then I hit the weights right after...

Can anyone reccomend to me anything that I can eat before I head to the gym and somthing to take after my cardio so I have pump for my weight lifting?
    I was reccomended this as a type of fast acting carbs to keep my blood sugar high.
    http://www.********/productDetails.as...350692&lang=en

thanks in advance for any help

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well you could try a scoop of whey and a piece of fruit or whole grain bread etc both will digest faster then the oats will. Leave out the dairy and see how you feel it tends to bloat some also or either take in the CC or milk but not both
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sixpack
    Well you could try a scoop of whey and a piece of fruit or whole grain bread etc both will digest faster then the oats will. Leave out the dairy and see how you feel it tends to bloat some also or either take in the CC or milk but not both
    What he said^. If they ever need a Mod on here you should do it.
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I used to just take MealPlex from GNC

http://www.********/productDetails.as...350686&lang=en

with some water and this made me feel SO full when waking up that I would feel like throwing up after some light cardio..

bump^

grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i ahve a scoop of whey, and 1/4c - 1/2c organic all natural granola. why granola? granola packs a lot of nutrition in a very small portion of food. a half a cup of this stuff has 220 calories, and 35g carbs. it consists of oats, almonds, flaxseed, dried blueberries, honey, wheat germ, among other healthy things. it wont make you feel bloated whatsoever and is so calorie dense for its size.
    [url]http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=kevdoggincy[/url]

Do you think if I made say, 1/4 cup oats, half a serving of why and some water that would be enough to take me through my 1hr-1:30hr workouts? Cut out the dairy completely and use say a smaller portion.. but then that wouldn't be enough fast-acting crabs would it....?

My main problem is that after I eat a light breakfast I feel bloated and I loose pretty much all energy after my warmup/cardio.

My workouts generally involve

Warmup- Streches, pushup, situp, jumping jacks

Cardio- 20-30 mins (Running 2 miles or a circuit training type aerobics)

Lifting- 3 day split
    Day 1- Chest/Tricep
    Day 2- Back/Shoulder
    Day 3- Leg/Bicep

METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grndmstrflsch
    i ahve a scoop of whey, and 1/4c - 1/2c organic all natural granola. why granola? granola packs a lot of nutrition in a very small portion of food. a half a cup of this stuff has 220 calories, and 35g carbs. it consists of oats, almonds, flaxseed, dried blueberries, honey, wheat germ, among other healthy things. it wont make you feel bloated whatsoever and is so calorie dense for its size.
    Hey bro, where do you get your granola at? I just got 2 boxes of Sunbelt from Wal-Mart, but I question how healthy it is
    \m/ METALLICA \m/ R.I.P. Cliff Burton:2/10/62-9/26/86
    DIE BY MY HAND, I CREEP ACROSS THE LAND, KILLING FIRST BORN MAN

RAIDERS
    ANGELS
    DUCKS

grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50) grndmstrflsch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by METAL VIPER
    Hey bro, where do you get your granola at? I just got 2 boxes of Sunbelt from Wal-Mart, but I question how healthy it is
    i get it at my local grocer Pick n Save. they have an organic foods section. i get Natural Ovens Great Granola, or i get the Nature's Valley Granola.

what are the ingredients for Sunbelt? if you list the ingredients, i could let you know on whether you should keep, or toss.

So you think that if I did, 1/4 cup granola and 1 serving of whey blended with water about 30-45 mins before workout I would be ok for 1-2 hrs of workout?

METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) METAL VIPER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OK, thanks. As for the ingredients, I just looked at them closely (didn't yesterday since it was $2 a box) and it has HFCS and partially hydroginated oil. Damn, it's good though. I'll look for some better granola at the store next time. Thanks for the help, I'll rep you once I recharge
    \m/ METALLICA \m/ R.I.P. Cliff Burton:2/10/62-9/26/86
    DIE BY MY HAND, I CREEP ACROSS THE LAND, KILLING FIRST BORN MAN

RAIDERS
    ANGELS
    DUCKS

Originally Posted by Nixxon
    So you think that if I did, 1/4 cup granola and 1 serving of whey blended with water about 30-45 mins before workout I would be ok for 1-2 hrs of workout?
    why blend them? just take a scoop of whey, with 6 0z's of water and mix with a spoon. down it. then take the granola and jsut eat it after you measure it. tastes great, so why not enjoy it in its true form. down another glass of water afterwards. you can also ahve some milk or yogurt with that for a slower release protein to go with it, but thats jsut an option you can decide upon.

Well, I want to stay away from dairy so I don't get bloated.

Anyways the Granola I have is called Back to Nature Granola (French Vanilla)
    can you tell me if this is good?

So hows Pre-workout (30 mins prior) I will be taking 1 (1/2 cup) serving of this granola and a serving of whey with water.

Nutritional Value
    http://www.backtonaturefoods.com/ima...pop_gran_7.gif

Ingredients
    Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Evaporated Cane Juice, Sliced Almonds, Rice Flour, Organic Expeller Pressed Soybean Oil, Honey, Dried Coconut, Maltodextrin, Why (From Milk), Molasses, Natural Flavor, Salt.
    Last edited by Nixxon; 04-17-2005 at 08:10 PM.

bump

Well, I want to stay away from dairy so I don't get bloated.

Anyways the Granola I have is called Back to Nature Granola (French Vanilla)
    can you tell me if this is good?

So hows Pre-workout (30 mins prior) I will be taking 1 (1/2 cup) serving of this granola and a serving of whey with water.

Nutritional Value
    http://www.backtonaturefoods.com/ima...pop_gran_7.gif

Ingredients
    Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Evaporated Cane Juice, Sliced Almonds, Rice Flour, Organic Expeller Pressed Soybean Oil, Honey, Dried Coconut, Maltodextrin, Why (From Milk), Molasses, Natural Flavor, Salt.
    i have some of that brand as well, but i get the blueberry kind. that way i get some fruit with the granola. i have another brand that uses honey as its sweetener, rather then evaporated cane juice, which in my opinion honey is better. but id say this is a fine choice compared to other granola. you could try to find another kind at your local organic foods grocer, but if you cant, id stick with this brand.

Alright cool, thanks alot. Yeah I have the raisin and blueberry as well.. I really like this brand and I tend to mix it with fat free yougart after my workouts as well..

Appreciate the help!

Alright cool, thanks alot. Yeah I have the raisin and blueberry as well.. I really like this brand and I tend to mix it with fat free yougart after my workouts as well..

Appreciate the help!
    no problem