Thread: 400m Sprints

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow 400m Sprints

Has anyone tried doing 400m sprints for fat loss, and if so, what were your results? If you don't know what Im talking about, you can view the link here:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459414

Thanks,

Josh
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.

PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Give it a shot if you are willing to keep at it. I'm not into sprinting as much as endurance personally. Don't be discouraged if you don't get near or break that 1:00 mark the first couple of shots. Keep at it and you'll get fast as hell.

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I doubt I would be able to sprint for that long at maximum speed.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PcH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't tell yourself that you can't do it. Start off slow and build up. Anything is possible dude.

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    400 meter sprints are good for fat loss. IMO anything in the range of 100-400 m is great for fat loss. I prefer 100-120 m sprints because I feel that I (I stress the "I") get a better anaerobic workout and the fat loss is greater for me.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Originally Posted by chlaxman
    400 meter sprints are good for fat loss. IMO anything in the range of 100-400 m is great for fat loss. I prefer 100-120 m sprints because I feel that I (I stress the "I") get a better anaerobic workout and the fat loss is greater for me.
    Thanks alot, I think Im going to give it a try. Right now I have about 11.5% bf, but hopefully in a month or two, I will be in single digit....
    Last edited by Josh37; 04-17-2005 at 08:06 AM.

de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Khryz
    I doubt I would be able to sprint for that long at maximum speed.
    That's no big deal. Not even Olympians do the 400 at "maximum speed".

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah I know I hear ya guys. The only place I can run here on my college campus out of the way of people and stuff is the practice football field .. which is roughly 100m. I'll definately start at 100m and work my way up once I go home for summer vacation soon.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If it your first time doing the 400, get a strategy first on how to run it. A good beginners strategy is to run the first 60-80m hard. Then pace yourself for the next couple hundred meters until u get to the last 100. That's when you want to sprint your brains out. Don't expect to break 60 seconds your first time either.

sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    400m is a long, long sprint. I can't imagine doing anymore than 3 intervals i'd be dead

Originally Posted by Alienheat4
    If it your first time doing the 400, get a strategy first on how to run it. A good beginners strategy is to run the first 60-80m hard. Then pace yourself for the next couple hundred meters until u get to the last 100. That's when you want to sprint your brains out. Don't expect to break 60 seconds your first time either.
    Never run the beginning of any race hard. As a runner, I can tell you that most people run faster than their pace for a certain time in the beginning of a race. They get exhausted and cannot finish strong. Get a strong finish in.

Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PcH
    Never run the beginning of any race hard. As a runner, I can tell you that most people run faster than their pace for a certain time in the beginning of a race. They get exhausted and cannot finish strong. Get a strong finish in.
    All track coaches have told me to run the first 60-80 meters hard and then pace yourself for the rest until the last 100m. But remember that is only one strategy, there are many many strategies out there on how to run the 400.

Thumbs up

Well I did the 400m sprint (x4) and all I can say is 'wow'. I feel exauhsted yet at the same time can't wait until Tuesday before I can do them again. That was one of the most intense cardio sessions I have ever done!

BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BenchPsr83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did track in HS and ran 100m and 200m.

400m is the absolute hardest thing in the world. It's called the "400m sprint" for a reason.....

Our 400m sprinter was the state champion. He could break 50s routinely. He still runs it in high school. But the point is that you SPRINT the whole way....like, the entire thing. It's absolutely killer.

I have asthma so I just can't even think about it. 400m SUCKS.

-GS
    Lifting is a lifestyle.

GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrkPwerHouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah I agree with other posters...

Man, if you can work yourself up to sprinting Full speed 400meters, then you will be amazing...not only will it be a killer fat burner, but think of actually doing it...not alot of people can and it will be a nice goal to set

I doubt I would be able to sprint for that long at maximum speed
    thats why we are here...to accomplish the things we arn't able to do.